Did you have to wear Goodnites/DryNites as a kid for bedwetting

I used to wear goodnites at night time.
My parents would ask me if I needed more diapers.

perhaps there are people who used to bedwet and outgrew the diapers, but still have a longing for diapers and yet are not ABDLs

I wore Goodnites for a while... started with the white ones (still think those were the best) then all the prints. Stopped wearing them to bed when I was about 13 or 14 and switched to youth diapers because the Goodnites would leak too often at night. I would still occasionally wear them in the day after that though. My mom would usually check how many I had left, or sometimes I would just tell her I was running low.
Started wearing them again when the XLs came out for light daytime protection.

Reactions: Sgdlboy
TXbw86 said:
I wore Goodnites for a while... started with the white ones (still think those were the best) then all the prints. Stopped wearing them to bed when I was about 13 or 14 and switched to youth diapers because the Goodnites would leak too often at night. I would still occasionally wear them in the day after that though. My mom would usually check how many I had left, or sometimes I would just tell her I was running low.
Sounds pretty familiar to my experiences 😅

Only those that wore both the printed gender specific goodnites and the all white goodnites can really attest to the decline in quality between the two and its taken til just recently to get their quality back up to anywhere near that of the all white ones. Not that the early printed ones were ineffective but they weren't near as good as the late 90's/ early 2000's all white goodnites.

Reactions: Bedwetter12
KenworthW900b said:
Only those that wore both the printed gender specific goodnites and the all white goodnites can really attest to the decline in quality between the two and its taken til just recently to get their quality back up to anywhere near that of the all white ones. Not that the early printed ones were ineffective but they weren't near as good as the late 90's/ early 2000's all white goodnites.
I agree. I remember when I was 10 I wore the All white ones in 2003 and I used to drench them and they never had any leaks. I can’t imagine using them like that now and not having leaks with the newer products

KenworthW900b said:
I wore both the girls and boys GoodNites and the girls GoodNites held more

Danielgartin691993 said:
I wore both the girls and boys GoodNites and the girls GoodNites held more
That is something that has been said by nearly everyone who has tried both, myself included. I wonder of anyone has actually tested that theory in a controlled environment.

KenworthW900b said:
That is something that has been said by nearly everyone who has tried both, myself included. I wonder of anyone has actually tested that theory in a controlled environment.
Like I have you mean, the boys GoodNites leaked on me, the girls ones did not

I never had to wear goodnites because I stopped bedwetting at a normal age, and Goodnites came out well after I stopped wetting the bed. But I remember seeing those old thicker white goodnites at a friend's house "that were for their younger cousin" and wanting to wear them because they looked comfortable.

Danielgartin691993 said:
Like I have you mean, the boys GoodNites leaked on me, the girls ones did not
I can't claim to remember back when they first changed but I can say that with today's goodnites the boys ones will in fact start to leak around the half full area whereas the girls will not leak until the padding is completely saturated. I probably wouldn't have ever bought or tried the girl ones but I buy them at a liquidation store and they just come in plain brown boxes that only goodnites and the size (xl) are on the box. Happy mistake I guess!

KenworthW900b said:
I can't claim to remember back when they first changed but I can say that with today's goodnites the boys ones will in fact start to leak around the half full area whereas the girls will not leak until the padding is completely saturated. I probably wouldn't have ever bought or tried the girl ones but I buy them at a liquidation store and they just come in plain brown boxes that only goodnites and the size (xl) are on the box. Happy mistake I guess!
Did you pee in both of them like I did?

Danielgartin691993 said:
Did you pee in both of them like I did?
Can't say for sure😁 I don't have any control over my bladder but I feel like I definitely get my money's worth out of them!

KenworthW900b said:
Can't say for sure😁 I don't have any control over my bladder but I feel like I definitely get my money's worth out of them!
Do you wear protection for that then, I have some control but I go quite often and I have some accidents due to cerebral palsy, especially while asleep

i was bedwetting everynight till i was just about 8 and used pampers pretty much the whole time. I remember when Goodnites came out and seeing them in the diaper aisle - i must have been 6 and i asked my mom to get them. She did - we tried them and they leaked so it was back to diapers. my mom managed all the diapers in the house.

Last edited:
Danielgartin691993 said:
Do you wear protection for that then, I have some control but I go quite often and I have some accidents due to cerebral palsy, especially while asleep
Yes, i dont ever go without some form of protection. My incontinence came from a work injury and started as just bed wetting but progressed into full urinary incontinence. This was after being a bed wetter until age 15.

Reactions: Babygs2608
KenworthW900b said:
Yes, i dont ever go without some form of protection. My incontinence came from a work injury and started as just bed wetting but progressed into full urinary incontinence. This was after being a bed wetter until age 15.
Which types of protection do you wear then?

Danielgartin691993 said:
Which types of protection do you wear then?
Original all white goodnites.

KenworthW900b said:
Original all white goodnites.
Nice, do they feel great when wet, and do they absorb enough urine?, I’ve only used the gender specific GoodNites, both the girls GoodNites and boys GoodNites, I didn’t think the white ones were available in the United States

TXbw86 said:
same lol , i tried goodnites back then and it sort of couldn't hold a teen wetting and in the end i ended up back to tape on adult diapers , i only wore goodnites when doing sports as they are much easier to move around in , my mom would also check my diaper supplies and i would also tell her if im running low , it was kinda embarrassing back then being a teen and having to tell her about my diapers and stuff though .

Reactions: TXbw86
Back