Did you ever wear diapers around the house while living with your parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom use to change my diapers for2 years after the accident i had when I was 16 in my previous job.Everyone in my family relatives and friends knows about my situation.

Reactions: Lyric
I made rubbish nappies from plastic carrier bags you got from supermarket. I cut holes in the sides and then cloth diapered myself and pulled up the plastic bags!! Then when my mum came home I waddled out (normal trousers on top) to say hello!

activefit said:
Mom use to change my diapers for2 years after the accident i had when I was 16 in my previous job.Everyone in my family relatives and friends knows about my situation.

I think I'd be extremely uncomfortable having my mom change my diaper at age 16,. even if I was physically unable to do it myself.

How did you handle it?

Last edited:
Reactions: activefit and Jinks
In reading these responses, I think one needs to distinguish wearing as an ABDL or wearing because of a nocturnal enuresis (fancy word for bedwetting :) ). I was a chronic every night bedwetter pre-puberty and during my adolescence my bedwetting subsided, but by no means ended. So diapers and plastic pants were routine nightwear for me until I left for college. So this was no surprise to anyone in my family if I still sleep that way.

When I was 18 and I was still living at home with my parents I remember an occasion where I didn’t have college until the afternoon. I had worn a nappy to bed the night before. I woke up wet, got up and went downstairs. I had my nappy on under some pyjama bottoms as well as a T-shirt. I was making myself some cereal in the kitchen about 10am when my Dad suddenly came home from work and walked into the kitchen. I just froze to the spot and as he came in, we had a quick chat about what time college was and the fact he had come home as he had needed some documents from the computer for work. I daren’t move in case he heard the rustle of my nappy or notice my slight waddle from the damp bulk between my legs. When he was in the dining room on the computer I tried to slowly make my way back upstairs towards my room but to me every movement I made was really loud and I thought it would be obvious to him what I was wearing when in reality he probably wouldn’t have noticed at all. I eventually made it back to my room and my Dad left again for work.
I have been a secret DL since my very early teens and always hid it from everyone until my wife found out last year.

bambinod said:
I think I'd be extremely uncomfortable having my mom change my diaper at age 16,. even if I was physically unable to do it myself.

How did you handle it?
It was uncomfortable i agree with you
The first week i use to cover my face trying to hide the shame but thanks to my mom's and doctors patient this passed quickly away
My mother helped me so much to understand more about my situation and not feeling shame about it

Reactions: GrumpyMonk and Lyric
activefit said:
It was uncomfortable i agree with you
The first week i use to cover my face trying to hide the shame but thanks to my mom's and doctors patient this passed quickly away
My mother helped me so much to understand more about my situation and not feeling shame about it
You have a great, understanding mother. A true mother's love and understanding never sees you as naked or to be shamed.

Reactions: GrumpyMonk, Lyric and activefit
As for when I was a kid, I wasn’t potty trained when I was 4, so I have pictures of me in the house wearing a Pull Up. Besides that, I did have an extremely weird experience of being put in a Goodnite as a joke when I was like 6, only for me to rip it off immediately. It was rare for me to wet the bed, so I never really did wear as a child after I was trained. However, I do still live with my parents now being 19, and I just sneak around with my diapers when I have privacy. My mom sadly found my diapers, but yeah. Sadly, she doesn’t understand at all. She made me promise to get rid of them, and while I did, I soon found out that wearing the occasional diaper does help with my anxiety and other things.

Weatheronthe8s said:
As for when I was a kid, I wasn’t potty trained when I was 4, so I have pictures of me in the house wearing a Pull Up. Besides that, I did have an extremely weird experience of being put in a Goodnite as a joke when I was like 6, only for me to rip it off immediately. It was rare for me to wet the bed, so I never really did wear as a child after I was trained. However, I do still live with my parents now being 19, and I just sneak around with my diapers when I have privacy. My mom sadly found my diapers, but yeah. Sadly, she doesn’t understand at all. She made me promise to get rid of them, and while I did, I soon found out that wearing the occasional diaper does help with my anxiety and other things.
Sometimes I think our moms think its an affront to their abilities as moms when they find their teen or adult children wearing diapers. I think they feel that they didn't do something right in raising us. Wearing diapers can be so relaxing. I' m 57 and wear for necessity, but i feel safe and relaxed when I put a clean dry diaper on. Glad you feel that wearing diapers helps in your well being too.

Reactions: Lyric, JOCKMAN and Weatheronthe8s
Paddy2020 said:
Sometimes I think our moms think its an affront to their abilities as moms when they find their teen or adult children wearing diapers. I think they feel that they didn't do something right in raising us. Wearing diapers can be so relaxing. I' m 57 and wear for necessity, but i feel safe and relaxed when I put a clean dry diaper on. Glad you feel that wearing diapers helps in your well being too.
Yeah. My mom I think gets alot of the same feelings with everything with me. She worries about me being trans and autistic too. I just wish she'd understand me. Sadly though, she seems to struggle to understand me.

JOCKMAN said:
Nowadays when I visit I sleep in my same bed and I noted many years ago that there was a plastic mattress cover on this bed but not on the other guest beds (I checked). My mom asked me a few years ago if I liked my same bed as when growing up and I told her it was great and to keep it exactly as it is. She had probably seen my plastic underpants and training underwear that I travel with at some point, but based on my situation growing up as a kid and in college, they know if I need this protection than they are fine with it.
Just an update, but last night I was talking with my mother again about visiting her and dad and other relatives once Covid is gone and she directly asked me if I liked the way my bed was made up and if it was still the bed closest to the wall that I liked to sleep in (there are two different beds / mattresses in the room). I emphatically said yes and I liked it because it was just like I remembered it as a kid. I think over the last few years she may have had other relatives visit and she may have removed the plastic mattress cover that is usually on that bed when I sleep over. So now she would make a mental note to put it back on when I stay over at some future date. At least that is my guess as to why she asks me this every few years....

Reactions: Paddy2020, Lyric and RedPandaDL
All the time, growing up with 7 boys in one house was fun. Especially for me, my brothers loved changing me.

Reactions: Teddy, Rezzu and Paddy2020
Slip92 said:
Woah there! No need for language like that ...aimed at someone.

• Sad
Reactions: nwm, activefit, ThePaddedTurtle and 2 others
At one point in 2013 when I was 19 I went 24/7 for a couple months and my mom and sister never knew.

Reactions: activefit
GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
Woah there! No need for language like that ...aimed at someone.
I agree

Reactions: nwm, activefit and BabyHailey1977
pampers47 said:
It’s just the typical judgmental attitude that some carry.

Reactions: nwm, activefit, Paddy2020 and 1 other person
pampers47 said:
Unfortunately there are some people who are just plain crass and snide and downright crude.

Reactions: nwm, activefit and BabyHailey1977
I only wear diapers when my parents aren't in the house, although they are accepting of me of being a diaper lover. Along with a collection of diapers in my house (adult baby diapers that is).

Reactions: activefit
I never wore around my parents when I lived at home and they didn’t know about the diapers at all. However, I think my mom would have been weirded out but okay with it but my dad would have beat the crap out of me.

• Wow
Reactions: JOCKMAN
I wet the bed until I was a senior in high school and my mom knew. I just never told her I stopped. I moved back in with her at the tail end of 2019 and since I never told her I stopped wetting the bed I still wear them around her at night all the time. Every once in a blue moon she will ask me how I'm doing regarding bw and if I need more diapers but I just say I'm handling it and I can buy my own. I'm pretty sure that she knows I'm an abdl but doesn't say anything

Reactions: Rezzu, Lyric and BabyHailey1977
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back