Did Dry247 ever go public about their email leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musashi

Banned
I came across a huge list of emails that look like orders from them x.x
It was like circa 2014 on archive.is

Dunno, was curious don't you hafto legally notify your users?

I'm going to presume that dry 24/7 is registerd in the US or Canada; their site is down for me so I can't find out.

The US appears not to have a federal level data breach notification law, but every state has it's own one.
The EU now has very strict data breach laws since GDPR came into force in May. Companies here have to notify the regulator within 72 hours and notify customers of what was taken and the level of risk to them without undue delay.
Canada seems to have recently introduced new regulations along similar lines to the EU, not sure what they had before.

Of course, these usually aren't retrospective, so breaches that occured before the regulations were in force may not have had the same reporting obligaitons that now exist.

WoodlandWanderer said:
Of course, these usually aren't retrospective, so breaches that occured before the regulations were in force may not have had the same reporting obligaitons that now exist.

Regs aren't retrospective but the regulators can still take a dim view of historical incidents if they were mis-handled.

GDPR is a pain for companies but really very good for consumers, a rare case of regulation that really does stop some bad practices (advertisers had it coming quite frankly) and comes down hard on companies who f*** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back