Did diapers just get super expensive?

Saint

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was looking to restock my nappy collection and I’m seeing some astronomical prices, it seems you can’t get much for less than £20 a pack, with packs of generally around 10. Case in point is Megamax which are £25 each pack now.

Is this because of inflation, the EU, greed, or something else? Do we think it’s here to stay or just the current times, and is it just me that has to shelve their abdl lifestyle because of it? I feel like crap :(

• Sad
Reactions: Canadianfalls, Prillprillprill, HelenWyatt and 2 others
Prices went up (generally speaking) but Northshore's prices have gone through the roof. Honestly. they're so expensive that I don't even want to do business with them anymore but that's just me.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, diapeybabybrian, Deleted member 1532 and 6 others
Across the board prices have gone up. It's not surprising really, but they went up so fast in recent years there's still a lot of sticker shock!

Reactions: Edgewater
i think super expensive is being kind
Screenshot_20230126-165445_Samsung Internet.jpgPrices are insane

Reactions: MetalDan86 and Edgewater
Amazon is utilizing it's monopoly, er large size to squeeze resellers for profit. Ordering direct from Northshore is much more affordable where they don't have to pay the rapidly increasing Amazon tax. To be fair, not sure how that works for Canada though (do they have a Canadian reseller / warehouse so no import?)

If it's cross boarder pricing issue, have seen the same insane prices for ordering from Canada to the USA.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Therin, skylanderpamp and 1 other person
Short and not so sweet: The vast number of components found in a disposable diaper are chemically sourced from oil! The cost of all oil based products have gone up and will like rise more during 2023 and possible 2024.
The base cost of adult diapers will go up each time your favorite diaper source is reordered as near all diapers are produced by huge manufacturers in China. The cost of manufacturing and shipping those diapers continues to rise rapidly as transportation costs fluctuates upward.
Whether your favorite diaper has had a price increase is solely based on how recently they restocked. If another brand has not shifted, assure yourself that they will when they restock arrives.
Within days or weeks, all adult diapers will equally raise in price.
Shop around buy what you can at a price you can afford, but understand that prices have been and will continue to raise. The more custom the diaper you are buying the more it will rise or no longer be produced.
Try being IC and the choice to wear today or not is not available

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Saint, TigerDL and 1 other person
Those are some crazy sky high prices. Just have to shop around.

Edgewater said:
Within days or weeks, all adult diapers will equally raise in price.
Not equally. Northshore will take the prize for biggest price hike.

Reactions: Saint and Edgewater
Price in Michigan...Image1.jpg

Edgewater said:
Try being IC and the choice to wear today or not is not available
This 24/7 puppy has had to reevaluate brands based on prices too. I do feel for the small businesses that sell our abdl diapers that know price hikes are necessary to stay in business but never popular with the end users... Northshore is in the same camp I'd imagine.

And having to shop around because favorite brands not even in stock for months... Only to see them back in stock at what seems to be twice as much $.

price I would have to pay in Canada …. 050C8960-79D7-4DA7-A309-3B09BED1054F.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Angelapinks and Edgewater
KarmaBaby said:
price I would have to pay in Canada ….
Ouch, $183.96 IS the case price in Canada! only $114.99 in USA for medium white case of 40... $152 is the USA price covered to Canadian at today's exchange rate, so $30 premium for importing? Still, pretty expensive!

• Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed and Edgewater
PupSpaz said:
Ouch, $183.96 IS the case price in Canada! only $114.99 in USA for medium white case of 40... $152 is the USA price covered to Canadian at today's exchange rate, so $30 premium for importing? Still, pretty expensive!
Also get the irony of Northshore diapers are (I believe) produced in Europe - imagine they're drop shipping from manufacturer directly to Canadas Healthwick but they could be going through USA first... Wonder exactly where the price disparity is coming from.

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks and Edgewater
Yeah, they're too expensive for me. Assurance brand for my daily and Certainty for when I want the noise. I'm not going to buy or support any brand that price gauges.

Saint said:
I was looking to restock my nappy collection and I’m seeing some astronomical prices, it seems you can’t get much for less than £20 a pack, with packs of generally around 10. Case in point is Megamax which are £25 each pack now.

Is this because of inflation, the EU, greed, or something else? Do we think it’s here to stay or just the current times, and is it just me that has to shelve their abdl lifestyle because of it? I feel like crap :(
Sounds fairly reasonably priced to me 🥲
1674789073936.png
1674789116371.png

yeah I agree too I am seeing most posts about northshore and yes I even went as far as having my account deleted but instantly reactivated it because they are the only diapers that have the tape and fit I can do. I tried buying prevail nufit went to tape it would not allow me to instant tape rip. it just stinks that the prices are going up like this. not to be rude but do companies want business.

Reactions: Canadianfalls and Edgewater
I'm just hoping that the plain baby blue diapers that are good doesn't go away, so I'm not forced to switch back to the thin low absorbent baby blue diapers to get my baby blue diaper fix.

If your buying or searching amazon ignore the ridiculous prices.
Amazon uses algorithms to determine prices.
The more a product is searched the higher the price goes.
If you find a pack that cost £100 its because they only have one pack left in the whole warehouse and are pushing their luck or that seller hasn't got any so inflates the price so you won't buy it and they don't get fined by Amazon for non stock

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Seasonedcitizen and Edgewater
LePew said:
Prices went up (generally speaking) but Northshore's prices have gone through the roof. Honestly. they're so expensive that I don't even want to do business with them anymore but that's just me.
I have done the same. Used to mostly buy from them, but same diapers are like 20 dollars plus shipping costs compared to another place that is cheaper and free shipping. The vendor I get stuff also does rewards so I end up frequently paying around 90 or 95 for a case of better drys. If they ever brought their diapers in line with their competitors and covered shipping, I’d probably buy either better dry or their supremes again from them. Just cant justify a 30 dollar premium for the same case if I add more stuff just to get free shipping or an even high premium if I don’t.

Last edited:
Welcome to the green future.. where diesel is super expensive, and thusly so is shipping. Not just to get you your products, but in the entire production chain.

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95 and Edgewater
Back