Diarrhea problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonm03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How do you remove a diaper full of diarrhea answer very carefully. Thought I’d break the ice with some humor, I’ve had five bouts of full on diarrhea in two weeks called Gastro and made an appointment only problem is I can’t be seen until 10 sept 19. It’s no fun having diarrhea even worse when it just happens without any warning at all

• Sad
Reactions: sport1
I've been there

Definitely do so standing up, because just in the process of lying down there's a good chance it might get pressed out and leak. I'd recommend removing all of the clothes from your lower body, and if your shirt hangs down lower your shirt. Change on a surface that you can clean easily as there's a chance some might leak no matter how hard you try. When you lower the diaper, depending on how well the feces are contained, you may be able to get away with sliding it down after only having the top tapers undone, this will help the diaper keep its shape and pocket per se, to help contain the feces instead of straightening out (with high leak guards this may not be too big an issue), but be careful depending on the fit that you're not smearing feces down your legs in which case you'll need to undo both tapes and lower it down carefully. As you're lowering it also try to wipe as much as you can off your body using the back of the diaper to avoid it dripping. You can even have a few wipes ready and have them at the back of your diaper as you lower it to try to start cleaning off some of the mess.

If necessary you can also try using some non-prescription medication for diarrhea relief if possible to control it to try to relieve it at least partially or put it off until the end of the later (for example using imodium before outings) as even small fixes help

Last edited:
Reactions: diaperfooties and Jonnythepony
drfinently do this on a washable surface or desposible change mat

Reactions: Jonnythepony
Topex said:
Definitely do so standing up, because just in the process of lying down there's a good chance it might get pressed out and leak. I'd recommend removing all of the clothes from your lower body, and if your shirt hangs down lower your shirt. Change on a surface that you can clean easily as there's a chance some might leak no matter how hard you try. When you lower the diaper, depending on how well the feces are contained, you may be able to get away with sliding it down after only having the top tapers undone, this will help the diaper keep its shape and pocket per se, to help contain the feces instead of straightening out (with high leak guards this may not be too big an issue), but be careful depending on the fit that you're not smearing feces down your legs in which case you'll need to undo both tapes and lower it down carefully. As you're lowering it also try to wipe as much as you can off your body using the back of the diaper to avoid it dripping. You can even have a few wipes ready and have them at the back of your diaper as you lower it to try to start cleaning off some of the mess.

If necessary you can also try using some non-prescription medication for diarrhea relief if possible to control it to try to relieve it at least partially or put it off until the end of the later (for example using imodium before outings) as even small fixes help
i'd recommend even with this to do this on a washable surface or over a change mat that's disposable as there could be spillage

Topex said:

I always remove all my clothes and crouchbto take the diaper off and clean up. If you are not shaved down there now would be the time to do so trust me clean up is thousands times easier.

When I am at home, I always stand in the shower when I am taking off my messy diaper. If I am away from home, I will put an obsorbant bed pad on the bathroom floor and kneel on it to remove my diaper and get cleaned up.

Like others already said, it depends on where you are.
If you happen to be at home then the best way is to do it, in my opinion, laying down in the bathtub. If you don’t have one then standing up in the shower.
Oh and I really think it’s an obvious thing but change immediately and be careful with the movements you do when you have diarrhoea in your diaper.

if it happens at home its a none issue as you can remove the diaper in the shower, but if you are out and about make sure you allways have a back pack loaded with supplies and a change of cloths. Find a handicapped stall and remove all your clothes before taking off your diaper having a disposable pad to stand on is allways a good ideal.

i also keep wipes and a hook for my backpack and clothes in my back pack incase the stall does not have hooks, the dollar store sells plastic hooks form the door top of the door that works great on bathroom stalls.

Removing the diaper is always a challenge but gets easier over time as you learn what not to do :)

Typically after a big blow out like others have said it depends where you are. To try and avoid any leakage I definitely waddle myself to a restroom I don’t even care who sees. Like others have said i remove all clothing period. In public restrooms I lay down a old bath towel to stand on and lay the poo diaper on. Not to be too gross after removing the diaper I always drip poo so that’s what the towel is for in public and I stand in the shower at home. Clean up as best I can with a lot of wipes until I feel “fresh”. Or at home just toss the diaper and immediately shower. Re diaper and dress and I’m good to go! I have IBS so this is practically a daily occurrence 😒

Reactions: Sophy
diaperfooties said:
I always remove all my clothes and crouchbto take the diaper off and clean up. If you are not shaved down there now would be the time to do so trust me clean up is thousands times easier.
I have not shaved my pubic hair and will not. My nursing home has a handheld showerhead with a strong stream that efficiently clears away the poop.

Flag4deletion said:
Sometimes I take a trash bag into the shower.
My nursing home shower room has a diaper pail adjoining the shower. The wastebaskets are double-lined with clear plastic bags when changing in one's room. I drop the poopy diaper in, remove the bag tie it up and take it down the hallway to the Soiled Linen room, putting the bag in the garbage bin.

Last edited:
podmuse said:
I have IBS so this is practically a daily occurrence 😒.
I also have IBS. My primary problem now is the diarrhoea side effect from GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease, a chronic disease resulting from persistent acid reflux) medications such as Pepcid (famotidine that decreases the amount of acid your stomach makes) and Protonix (pantoprazole sodium, a proton pump inhibitor). After that, one’s gastroenterologist will have a chance to pick out something else. The Pepcid also permitted so much heartburn that one got an EKG.

Sophy said:
Be careful with the movements you do when you have diarrhoea in your diaper.
I pooped in my diaper for the first time in many weeks after taking two caplets of Imodium A-D. Instead of letting go and emptying my rectum, I will try to hold some poop back, seeing if there is any effect in reducing the diarrhoea discharge through the leg openings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back