Diapers you wore when you were a toddler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quartz200420012

Diaper Historian
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I did a post about this way back when....but lets do a current one, since we've got a huge influx of new people. Heck some of you may have grown up in the icky cloth backed generation!!!

1. What brand or what kind of diapers did you wear as a kid?
2. Did you eventually graduate to pull-ups(or were you not part of that generation)
3. What baby diaper brand do you identify most with?

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
All I ever had was cloth. No disposables back then. Also only rubber pants.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
My mother's told me I was sent home from the hospital in Pampers but she used Luvs on me. She never put me in training pants.:sad: I can't say I really ''identify'' with the brand though... I have no memories of wearing.

D

Deleted member 5880

Cloth, cloth, and cloth.

I was raised with cloth prefolds, and I graduated to cloth pullups.

Funny, I liked disposables a lot more when I first got into diapers as a kid. Now, I'm totally for homemade cloth diapers. :)

huggiesbear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Proud huggies/pull-ups/goodnights boy over here! My memories of wearing those are what led to be a DL

Puffs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
i dont really remember (and i dont really wanna ask my mother) but it was probably Libero or Pampers

DeftLeppard

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I was in Luvs if I remember correctly. My parents never put me in pull ups when I was potty training, but my nanny and my grandparents did...

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I never asked but I was a pampers boy, I think.
And If I remember correctly, I have a good memory, I wore the pampers phase. (the packaging is such a vivid image of mi toddlerhood, that it wouldn't be surprising that I saw it a lot at home.)

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I was mainly in the old plastic backed Pampers with bears on the taping strip back in the 90's and a bit later on it was the Luvs with the barney strips across the front, then finally pull ups with Mickey Mouse on them.

I didn't wear pull ups that much while at home apparently, only when out and about and while staying at my grandma's farm (which I did a LOT as a kid). According to the bits of information/pictures I've gotten over the years, it was the larger sized Luvs at night, and pull ups during the day while at grandmas.

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Diapers were flat cloth. If the question is toddler, I’m fairly sure my waterproof pants were rubber at that age. Later on I wore plastic for bed-wetting.

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Gerber flat cloth diapers and playtex plastic pants and gerber baby pants.
The playtex was also first or second grade when i was put back into diapers i was only 40 pounds.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Flat flannel cloth and plastic pants. Diaper disciplined with the flat cloth diapers when I was threeish.

tall2826

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
When I was a kid I used pampers as well as my younger siblings as well
I wet the bed until I was 11 so I wore pull ups to bed after gaining control in the day time at the age of 6
I have to say because I wore pampers I when I was younger

pajamalover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

these where the diapers of my child hood. Thick plastic two tape and a loud crinkle I loved them !

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I would have worn the flat cloth diapers and either rubber or plastic pants. I think I graduated to cloth, training pants. I remember when I started Kindergarten, there was a classmate who still wore the Gerber training pants with the cute babyish design. We all got paraded together to go to the bathroom, and someone saw them. He made a big commotion and started to make fun of him. The boy wearing them was the smallest kid in the class, me being the second smallest, and he said he still had to wear them because he was too small to fit into big boy underwear.

I remember that when I saw them, I wanted to be in Gerber training pants badly. He was a nice kid, and we soon became friends. He was well liked, and no one made fun of him after that.

StargazerBleu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Incontinent
I do not remember, tho I was told it was Pampers and cloth.
Pull ups were not around just yet, or that I know of anyway.

Pampers and Huggies would be 2 I would say I identify with most.
Remember seeing those 2 on tv most.

these where the diapers of my child hood. Thick plastic two tape and a loud crinkle I loved them !

Yeah those I had growing up as well.
The good ole brick diapers. :3

huggiesbear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I also most identified with huggies because I have memories of me being 3 wearing and wetting them. The old goodnites were also my favorite because I remember them most clearly. They were very bulky and had a bulge over my pajama pants that I just loved. I can remember me feeling myself wet them just as started to fall asleep, such good times!

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
It was cloth diapers (Curity prefolds), pins, and plastic pants for me. This was in the late 70's. Based on photographic and other evidence, I was wearing these full-time from birth until sometime around age three. After that, for a short time, I wore diapers only to bed. I do have one memory of being diapered at bedtime that I've long assumed is from age three.

I remember these diapers particularly well because my parents kept them around after my sister and I were done with them. I continued using them until I was twelve, and my parents still have a box of them in the garage -- which I raided a few years ago. :) So, yes, I actually have a few of the very diapers I wore as a baby. How 'bout that?! Plus a couple dozen of the same kind purchased unused on eBay. They make fantastic boosters in my adult cloth diapers.

As far as I can tell, neither my sister nor I ever wore training pants of any kind. Protection was a diaper.

My parents made occasional use of Pampers on my younger sister when we were out and about. Not long after she was potty trained and my diaper desires were in full bloom, my mom stumbled upon an old Pampers diaper in her bike bag while we were all getting ready to go out for a ride. I can vaguely recall her holding it up and explaining that it was a disposable diaper, but it was so unlike the cloth diapers I was used to that I had little interest in it. My mom's saying "diaper" was probably what caused me to remember it at all.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I wore cloth dydees and plastic pants.

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I was a Huggies kid, and I was part of the training pants generation at that age, but I was never put into them. Potty training was considered the "graduation".

Status
Not open for further replies.