Diapers you wore as a baby?

Curity Gauze and Gerber Birdseye cotton cloth

My diapers were Curity gauze cloth (flat-fold) and Gerber Birdseye cloth (pre-fold). Along with the cotton, cloth diapers, my mom covered them with waterproof plastic baby panties, commonly called "Rubber Pants" in my time.

https://duluthdiapers.wordpress.com/

Reactions: Diprs2, oldskool, tam1623 and 2 others
I was born several decades before the development of disposable diapers. So I wore cloth diapers covered with either genuine rubber or plastic pants. I remember that the rubber pants came in a cardboard tube that I liked to play with because I liked the smell of the rubber pants that the tube had contained.

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, chuck and 1 other person
Pretty sure I only wore terry cloth nappies... when I was older I always dreamed of wearing disposables though, and of course started doing so as an adult!

Reactions: Diprs2, pdiapered and ARBBB2
IN 1967 cloth nappies and plastic pants.mabey that's way I like disposables today

Reactions: Diprs2
cloth and plastic until i was 12. I remember so vividly being put in them up until i was like 9 or 10 when i could finally do it by myself. Now i wear disp coth sometimes

I was born in 52 before the development of disposable diapers also. So I wore cloth diapers covered with genuine rubber or plastic pants. I too remember the rubber pants. I liked the smell of the rubber pants also.

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and ARBBB2
Mostly cloth. But in my "origin" story about becoming ABDL, it was Pampers

Not into AD/DL nor anything, just commenting

Lol, I remember when I was a baby, I wore different brands such like pampers, huggies, dondi, kimbies and amy, my mom told me my skin preferred the most expensive brand 'huggies' as pampers would make my skin get irritated. I only wore them for six months as when I was six months and half, my mother fully toilet trained me without any issue as I could say 'pee' and 'poop' clearly, so, as a toddler I never wore, neither as an adult as I'm not into diapers, I'm just a supporter. Have a good night you all.

terry towel cloth nappies huge safety pin with duck on and plastic pants

Reactions: Diprs2 and Brumas94
I used to be put in Pampers and Luvs as well as my younger brother back in the late 70s / early 80s. Both still been plain white plastic back then and came along in cardboard boxes.

Reactions: mbta12, Diprs2 and Bbjames
I only wore cloth nappies as kid. I have one memory of my mum pinning a nappy on me before bed.

Before I could buy nappies myself, I really wanted to wear cloth. But, as an adult, I much prefer disposables.

Inconinmiss said:
I remember that the rubber pants came in a cardboard tube that I liked to play with because I liked the smell of the rubber pants that the tube had contained.

I loved the smell of new plastic pants too. The adult ones I've bought didn't have the same smell. I guess it's a different type of plastic :-(

Reactions: Diprs2, Brumas94 and ARBBB2
cloth diapers and rubber pants, disposables were not available back then.

- - - Updated - - -

cloth diapers and rubber pants, disposables were not available back then. (early 50s)

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and ARBBB2
As I am told, I was in cloth diapers usually, but I was put in Pampers if I had to be brought somewhere.

It was a plastic pants with a holder strap that used simple cloth diapers folded in half.

cakelover said:
my mom told me my skin preferred the most expensive brand 'huggies' as pampers would make my skin get irritated.

Pampers must have had some problematic fragrance or plastic additive or something back then, I've seen that comment a lot. My mom also told me that she liked how well Pampers worked but they tended to give me a rash. But back then I guess I had a lot of allergies, so this didn't surprise her.

I vaguely recall wearing both Huggies and Pampers at some point. When I got older, and closer to potty training age, I was switched to Toy Story pull-ups. These days I'd probably prefer the princess ones, but I was a bio-boy, so...

JamieXPassion said:
I vaguely recall wearing both Huggies and Pampers at some point. When I got older, and closer to potty training age, I was switched to Toy Story pull-ups. These days I'd probably prefer the princess ones, but I was a bio-boy, so...

They did Toy Story 1 pull-ups? Or am I misunderstanding?

MrPurple said:
They did Toy Story 1 pull-ups? Or am I misunderstanding?

Kinda. They started doing a Toy Story theme for boy's Pull-Ups in 2003, which is about 4 years after the second movie came out. I would have been 3 or 4 when the Toy Story Pull-Ups first came out in that case, which fits the timeframe for my potty-training.

You learn something new every day. (I didn't realise toy story 1 was 1995!)

bambinod said:
Pampers must have had some problematic fragrance or plastic additive or something back then, I've seen that comment a lot. My mom also told me that she liked how well Pampers worked but they tended to give me a rash. But back then I guess I had a lot of allergies, so this didn't surprise her.

Yeah, most mothers who I know tend to complain about how pampers give rashes to their babies, even if the diaper is totally dry and clean, I guess it is because the fragance is too strong.

Back