Diapers worth the splurge sold in Canada?

lildonki

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
I've grown tired of hunting for affordable ABDL diapers only for them to leak halfway through their theorized capacity, or have their tapes snap off, the plastic rip, the padding clump and breakdown, etc. Sure it's nice to get a bunch of Rearz or ABUs for a decent bargain, but when they end up sitting in my closet due to them always leaking at the leg guards and making me too frustrated to even pad up anymore, I don't feel like the savings are worth the trouble.

I'm wondering which of the higher priced diapers available in Canada truly are worth the splurge? A local ABDL store stocks Tykables and they run frequent sales, but they're still on the pricier end even with the discount. The cheapest I can get a case of Megamaxes for is $190 for 40 diapers. Kiddo sells at a very decent price in Canadian currency, but shipping is still $28 and I can't find samples for them to try before comitting.

Which of these are worth the investment? I'm willing to put in a bit more money so I can actually enjoy wearing again, but don't want to pay more for something similar to what's available at a cheaper price.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
Trest 100%. You can get samples on Healthwick and Amazon :).

Reactions: AndyPandy, Rockyracoon and PlastiBrain
Trest 100%. You can get samples on Healthwick and Amazon :).
Oof, those are some pricy diapers. Do they not have case discounts anywhere? $60+ a bag is incredibly steep.

never rely on advertised capacity
that's under strict lab conditions and not daily life use
if you get half to 1/3 you're doing great

Reactions: CptKirk
Oof, those are some pricy diapers. Do they not have case discounts anywhere? $60+ a bag is incredibly steep.
Yeah, they're really up there... I've only bought them as sample packs.

Don't know if you're in the GTA, but Universal Diapers in Toronto is phenomenal - I was there this morning and the ABDL half of the store is starting to spill over to the baby half of the store. They've got everything.

Reactions: AndyPandy, Lumos and PlastiBrain
check out agecomfort.com

Reactions: AndyPandy
I would definitely check out healthwick for diapers in Canada, not only do they have a very wide selection of both Abdl and medical diapers, they are a lot cheaper than going to rearz or Abu or daynitecare.

Years ago I got a variety sample pack from HDIS. The down side to that was the spam e-mails and 'follow-up' phone calks or text messages to see if you wanted to order. What a hassle. Healthwick doesn't do that do they?

For Tykables I would recommend getting it shipped to a PO Box in the states and driving over to pick it up.

Tykable Cammies could be an option, plastic backed with hook and loop closures. The Cammies pattern is reminiscent of the old Goodnite pattern, warning, the blue ink will temporarily stain skin. I find it hard to fully utilize the absorbent material so to avoid leaks I usually change once the front of the diaper is saturated. Currently much cheaper to buy from Healthwick than Tykables.

Back