Diapers: Winter vs Summer

akm44

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi All,

I know, I'm posting alot. I never have this much downtime and want to get all the topics down now before I forget.

I just went for a walk in the 25 degree weather. 3 layers of sweat pants/thermals and 4 layers of shirts/sweater/jacket. And underneath everything, a Tena Slip Maxi. There is something magical about wearing a bunch of layers and having a diaper on underneath it all. I think part of it is the feeling of security and also the fact that you are almost 100% undetectable wearing a diaper in this configuration. I like knowing I don't have to rip off a bunch of layers just to go to the bathroom. I ultimately went #2 in my diaper afterwards still all layered up. Its a different sensation than wearing summer clothes.

What do you all think? Prefer summer or winter for diapers?

Reactions: Pika123 and CLPP
I completely agree. Wetting or messing is so much nicer in colder weather, and you don't have to deal with rushing to get changed as fast before the smell attracts attention. I've only done it once but lying in cold snow and releasing everything is so warm and nice. And as you said, discretion isn't too much of a problem when it's cold.

Reactions: Jinks and akm44
I'm going to be new to being fully diappered this winter, but from trying out hidden winter CD it should be easier and even occasionally more daring. It may lead to either extra padded diapers or multi diapering I hope hehe...

Not for reasons mentioned but I favor winter. I change in public when I'm on the road between jobsites and I can usually hide a fresh diaper under my jacket when walking in a restroom to change.

When not wearing a jacket I usually open carry layered plastic bags that hide there's a diaper inside.

I tend to wear more during the winter months... summer in VT is humid, and I spend all summer in shorts. They don't hide diapers as well as insulated Carharts. I will wear more Goodnites and Pampers size 8's during the summer though, but more for comfort than use.

I'm not a winter person, and generally don't like the cold. I've also found it's no harder to hide my diaper wearing in the summer than in the winter.

Reactions: Jim100
Diapers are diapers bruh, there are no such thing as Summer & Winter diapers. sorry

Reactions: activefit, chuck and Jim100
Winter makes it easier to hide your nappies, under a longish coat... you can even get away with a full terry nappy if you so wish!

I do have some lighter disposables for wearing out and about in summer, and also find cloth backed Tenas more comfortable on the rare occasions we get genuinely hot weather here.

The point I'm trying to make is I've heard of people in a winter snow suit that were still outed for wearing a diaper (here none the less). I've also managed to pull off jean shorts in a thick diaper during the summer. It's not hard to hide a diaper, summer or winter. You just have to be smart about it, and not make it obvious.

There are pros and cons to each. Diapers are generally more comfortable in cooler weather. However, in warmer weather, it's easy to wear less around the house and just hanging out in a T-shirt and diaper is nice. I'd probably give the edge to winter but it can vary.

I actually wear more diapers in the winter myself too. :)

Keeps your junk warm. :p

Reactions: Sidewinder
I can wear out in public with either season. I feel a little more exposed during the summer as I'm wearing cargo shorts instead of jeans and a coat. Summer provides a bit more of a thrill I suppose....haha.

Trevor said:
There are pros and cons to each. Diapers are generally more comfortable in cooler weather. However, in warmer weather, it's easy to wear less around the house and just hanging out in a T-shirt and diaper is nice. I'd probably give the edge to winter but it can vary.
Agreed. I think it depends on what the end users preferences are. For me, I get most pleasure from having diapers under my clothes, regardless of season. Otherwise my girlfriend takes every chance to spank my butt if I'm wearing just a diaper around :LOL:

Reactions: Trevor
I prefer the winter season slightly for wearing diapers as I don't feel so hot. On the other hand, I prefer the warmer weather when changing my diaper!

(I don't keep my apartment cold in the winter but it is a little cooler than in the summer and when I am naked and getting a new diaper on...it can be chilly.)

BabyDenise said:
I prefer the winter season slightly for wearing diapers as I don't feel so hot. On the other hand, I prefer the warmer weather when changing my diaper!

(I don't keep my apartment cold in the winter but it is a little cooler than in the summer and when I am naked and getting a new diaper on...it can be chilly.)
That reminds me...

About a year or two ago, during the winter, I was on my way back from the library to my house when all of a sudden, the urge to pee struck.(I was wearing two coats, a knit sweater, a t shirt, under said sweater, blue jeans, a pair of winter boots and a diaper) I was about an hour's walk away from my house and I stopped with the pretense of looking at a display in a store window and wet my diaper right there and resumed walking once again. (Luckily, I didn't leak)

Given that it was pretty cold out, it felt real nice to have that little bit of warmth while walking.

Also, during a hot summer day, the wet feeling can also cool you down a little bit, almost like having your own personal heat sink.

Last edited:
Sidewinder said:
...Until it cools down.
That if you use Cloth-like diapers. I prefer plastic back diapers which stay warm.

I vary from season to season, and like them both for different reasons, but have to agree, I prefer winter months. Warm days are great when it's just you and you can wear a T-shirt and a diaper around the air-conditioned house. Winter, can dress up in PJ's (just ordered some from Rearz) and wear a diaper all the time, feel more child like in winter, innocent maybe, maybe that time of year we can connect with the holiday season where we were expected to be our age. Summer is fun, but doesn't feel as freeing without the holidays, or to have something there to tap into that state of mind.

Back