• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Diapers (unused) are heavy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
The last time I bought a case of diapers, the pharmacy also gave me two sample packs of Molicare Super Plus (medium size), each sample pack contains 2 diapers. They're shown here:

I agreed to send one of the sample packs to an ADISC member to try Molicares, so I grabbed one of those cardboard envelope thingies that Amazon uses to send books (I keep them around when i get sent books), wrapped up the two diapers, taped it up and took it to the post office. Now, since it's an international letter, it's important to keep the weight down, and I wanted to keep it below 500 grams (going beyond that would double postage). So the postal dude put my package on the scales...476 grams! :eek:
I put one single Molicare Super Plus on my scales at home, and it turns out that one diaper alone weighs around 150 grams. For some odd reason, I always thought diapers weighed a lot less. After all, there's just a thin layer of plastic and a bit of fluffy stuff. But I'm surprised that they're so heavy
So a bag of 14 Molicare Super plus weighs over 2kg then!

Peachy

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
An interesting factoid Peachy. Diapers are indeed very very bulky. Thus why I always order by the case online... free shipping.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Could you Americanize those figures :D

I don't know what else to say, the TV is distracting me

Role
Private
Aha - I have the solution to my winter-time slump, then!

*Runs off to go pump diaper packages*

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Hmm... I'm not very good at estimating weights. But I do know that anything over about 1kg is what I would consider quite heavy. I dunno what's in them that could make it that heavy!

TOAccountant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Diapers are always super heavy. I've I pick a pack up at the store I feels like I've got several large book in my back pack.

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, , Other
I never used to notice it, and I had to ride ~1 hour each way to get a pack... Then again, the rush and fear of getting home quickly and in a timely fashion, and as unseen as possible, probably had something to do with it...

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
Hmm...I wonder what each kind of diaper weighs; in a pack of (# variable here) and singular? We should each be assigned this task, and we could make a whole Science Experiment out of it xD
--Ecan

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think they use some sort of paper type fiber, and you know how much paper weighs; a lot. So I'm not surprised. Cloth diapers are a lot lighter, I would think.

Role
Private
Well the times when I've had to buy some from the store, I've noticed they are bulky and a slight hassle to carry around. Very obvious you've got something in your backpack.

NinjaRider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
I didn't realize they were that heavy. I wonder if its just the super Molicares that are like that or if the really absorbant ones are all like that?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I didn't realize they were that heavy. I wonder if its just the super Molicares that are like that or if the really absorbant ones are all like that?
Most super-absorbant diapers are quite heavy. Abri-form X-plus, Molicare Super Plus, Secure X-plus, Dry 24/7, etc. That's a lot of padding compressed into a small area... very dense. I wonder if a sealed package of diapers would float?

Status
Not open for further replies.