Not open for further replies.

Foxroxsox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Its amazing to me to look at how ABDL diapers have changed over just a few short years. Like just 4 years ago the Dry 24/7 was the best diaper made, and everything else was just a close competitor at best.
There was Fabine, and they were pretty good, sort of the pinnacle of ABDL underwear for the time.

Then along came the Bambino Bellisimo and I was all like " Whoa! That's amazing! it's like wearing an adorable cloud!" Several other diapers came along that were similar, and we were all happily padded thinking this was the best things could ever get.

Then along came the Rearz Spoiled. again "Whoa! Holy cow! this is like an even bigger cloud is giving my private parts a big warm hug!" The diapers were thicker, more absorbent, more comfortable, and fit better than anything I'd ever seen. I had ordered several cases and was loving my time in them

In fact, I have a few old Dry 24/7s left, so about a month ago I decided to wear one, just to compare it to the Rearz I had been using just before. I was surprised to find it wasn't nearly as comfortable and didn't wick as fast or hold as much. it ended up leaking. I haven't had a diaper leak in so long it sort of caught me by total surprise. Through the rose colored fog of fond memories, I remember Dry 24/7 as being astoundingly amazing. But by comparison, they weren't that great.

Now ABU has released the Space diaper. And I'm all like " WHOA! this is Unbelievable! It's like wearing a pillow fort for my personal stuff!" It's cute and I get to fight Aliens with my biological weapon. Pew! Pew! Pew!
It's simply the thickest, most absorbent, best wicking, most comfortable diaper I've ever tried.

It seems like things just get better with time. better products keep coming out, and there's no reason to believe that will ever stop. people will keep refining and innovating as long as there's a market.
So, whats next? whats going to be so awesome that we forget aall about the latest diapers?

Foxroxsox said:
I...it's like wearing an adorable cloud!"

So, whats next? whats going to be so awesome that we forget aall about the latest diapers?

What's going to be next is the terrorist's will take out our diaper factories...

Would love to be trying out all the designer diapers, but I got bills to pay. Priorities to keep in order, I must...

In general, I think things are headed in a good direction. It's super encouraging to see strong competition between the likes of ABU, Bambino, and Snuggies (I refuse to say "Tykables"), innovative new products like the "Hybrid Prototype Diaper" from Bambino, and products that cater to the sissy and furry groups, like the Rearz Crinklz, ABU Little Pawz, Aww So Cute (pink), and the rather unique DC Amor version 2, which might be called a "sissyfur" diaper.

So yeah--lots of goodness going on!

At the same time, we've also seen half a dozen diaper startups pop up over the last year, from the still-born and seemingly ill-conceived Little AB Co. and BKN Nappies, to the uncomfortably visible BareBum Diapers and the absurdly-named Diaper Minister. In some of these cases, it's not clear that the motivation was or is to bring something unique to market. Rather, it seems that the motivation might have been--and this isn't exactly uncommon in business!--to get a "slice of the pie", so to speak. And that's not all bad. We like choices. But... there's actually quite a lot of choice already! Rather than trying to squeeze this already-small market for all it's worth, I would hope that those considering bringing new diapers to market pause to consider what they're really adding. I don't see yet another baby-printed, two-taped, plastic disposable diaper that claims to absorb ten gallons of urine to be all that interesting. That sort of thing just diverts money away from companies who are actually investing in cool stuff.

So, anyway...

To all those prospective CEOs who are resolving to start diaper companies in the new year--as well as to those who already run diaper companies and are looking to get ahead of the competition: Forget about cloning an already-existing Bambino diaper and just changing the letters on the blocks or something. Jeez. Instead, how about asking yourself...

• Where are our disposable AB/DL training pants? (Not for me, but I know this is a popular one.)
  • Where's all the elastic? (Thanks, Bambino, for jumping in with an answer to that, but I wouldn't mind the single-tape ABU answer too!)
  • No cloth-backed options besides Cushies? Really?!
  • What's with all this small/medium/large business? Baby diapers haven't been sized like that for 30 years! Get with the numbering system!! (Not that that's a big deal, but really! "Medium." *facepalm*)
  • How about not advertising your diapers by putting them on hairy naked police officers in a mud-wrestling competition. Nobody wants to see that. Or at least I don't. Leave something for our twisted imaginations, please.
  • ...I'm sure I'll think of something else to complain about. Stay tuned!!

I agree with everything cottontail said.

The diversity and choice has improved but not so much for innovation. I know for many that's enough but I would like to see one day an adult diaper that looks more like a modern baby diaper, and that means including features like cloth backed and single elastic tapes. Fortunately I've found an adult diaper that has these features but doesn't have a babyish print because it's not an abdl brand.

I remember joining the community around the time Bambino came out with their first baby printed diaper, and everyone got excited over that. It's weird to think there was a long time when baby printed adult diapers wern't a thing!
Nowadays they seem to be everywhere, and I'm loving every bit of it. Designs play a big role on weather or not I would buy things, so I guess I joined the whole community at a really good time! C:

I can't really speak for what has changed, only what we have seen in NZ...

Since I started seriously looking at getting diapers online, we have had Incocare start up a business in Tauranga, selling "protection", now they openly advertise ABDL products
We have had Brightsky Australia vanish, but the slack has been taken up by littles downunder
ABU openly ship to New Zealand from Australia, which is pretty awesome.

I think things have become a lot more open, which is great

The last 12 years have been bliss for me, I went from pampers baby dry, luvs to depends overnight, there was a " lull" in diapers but once I was on my own around age 21 things really picked up.
I remember ordering Abena M4 and when I received them my socks were blown off of me, I went from depends with a baby diaper stuffer to a huge thick diaper, after wearing the abena's the next new diaper was bambino, then bambino teddy, shortly there after i ordered Abu sdk's both double and single tapes, Tena a Slip maxi, dry 24/7 came out and that was my main diaper for a year and a half with Abena as back up, dry 24/7 came out again, then north shore supreme, Xp medical a+, then Abu again and now I have tykables and will be ordering a case of Abu space diapers.
This has been an awesome journey with something new coming about every 10 - 12 months, there was a time the future looked bleak when a the major medical brands were switching to cloth backed products, now there's a huge safety net / own industry, to me it's an awesome time to be involved

Cottontail said:
[*]How about not advertising your diapers by putting them on hairy naked police officers in a mud-wrestling competition. Nobody wants to see that. Or at least I don't. Leave something for our twisted imaginations, please.

[/LIST]
I'm feeling very fortunate that I did not see the hairy naked mud-wrestling cop in a disposable diaper!

BabyBike1 said:
I'm feeling very fortunate that I did not see the hairy naked mud-wrestling cop in a disposable diaper!
Well, that was just me exercising my powers of divination and hoping to spoil the surprise. The tea leaves were split on whether it would be cops or whether it would be Mel Gibson shouting "Freedom!" I picked what I felt was more likely.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Well, that was just me exercising my powers of divination and hoping to spoil the surprise. The tea leaves were a split on whether it would be cops or whether it would be Mel Gibson shouting "Freedom!" I picked what I felt was more likely.

You're funny!

Having so many companies thinning out the business and leading some to fail is a very real possibility. Oversaturation can be bad (both in your diaper and in business) and may happen soon if the number of diaper companies keeps growing at the rate it is currently. Usually the best companies will emerge, but not everyone has the same favorites. If some of these businesses fail, I'm sure some ABDLs will be disappointed that their favorite nappy isn't being sold anymore.

I just caught on to ABDL this summer and I have to admit it can be overwhelming sometimes with all of the choices we have. 6 months in and I'm still trying to figure out what my go-to nappy is. I thought it was Abena, then I discovered Bambino Belllisimo. Then I discovered ABU Space. Then I tried the new Bambino Hybrid. So many choices!

I guess what I'm saying is, having choices is good, but if there are too many choices from multiple businesses some of those choices might eventually be gone. When multiple companies start selling very similar products, it usually takes innovation to come out on top. We're already starting to see companies attempt that (Bambino's Hybrid for example). I'm hoping the acceptance of ABDL grows enough to keep up so we can all enjoy our personal favorites :3

yeah we've discussed this sort of thing before and I've commented a few times that I expect there to be a shakedown here in the near future. The providers have discovered that there's a small but profitable market here and there are probably more of them that have entered the market than it will support. So we're likely to see a few drop out in the next year or so. Some may be new startups that just didn't get enough of a running start and got pulled into the mud with cash flow problems, new startups that put out products that either weren't as big of a hit as they'd expected or that didn't do as well as they should have because of other new players hitting the field at the same time, and maybe an established player or two that sat too long on their laurels and didn't innovate and is rapidly losing customers for reasons they don't see.

Gradual growth in a market is better than a sudden explosion. An explosion threatens to kill a new startup that would have been able to scrape through the initial year or two if there hadn't been so much competition, a lot of which wouldn't have made it anyway and just acted to siphon enough revenue out of the market to kill a viable (in the long term) but fragile (in the short term) startup.

bambinod said:
yeah we've discussed this sort of thing before and I've commented a few times that I expect there to be a shakedown here in the near future. The providers have discovered that there's a small but profitable market here and there are probably more of them that have entered the market than it will support. So we're likely to see a few drop out in the next year or so. Some may be new startups that just didn't get enough of a running start and got pulled into the mud with cash flow problems, new startups that put out products that either weren't as big of a hit as they'd expected or that didn't do as well as they should have because of other new players hitting the field at the same time, and maybe an established player or two that sat too long on their laurels and didn't innovate and is rapidly losing customers for reasons they don't see.

Gradual growth in a market is better than a sudden explosion. An explosion threatens to kill a new startup that would have been able to scrape through the initial year or two if there hadn't been so much competition, a lot of which wouldn't have made it anyway and just acted to siphon enough revenue out of the market to kill a viable (in the long term) but fragile (in the short term) startup.
Now that we have Miley Cyrus advertising diapers, we should see some growth.

I've been dealing with bladder control problems for almost 60 years. I started out with homemade cloth diapers and plastic pants and have witnessed the evolution of adult disposables from the beginning. New features and improvements always seem to come to baby diapers two or three years before they come to adult products. The most dramatic improvement to disposable diapers was the advent of superabsorbent polymer (SAP) that tremendously increases the amount of fluid that a given amount of dispoable padding can hold. That came along about 20 years ago, if my memory serves me correctly. Before then, disposables consisted only of thick padding with a plastic cover. Before that advent of SAP, I found that disposable diapers simply didn't work reliably enough for me to depend on, and I stuck with cloth. However, I've never liked washing diapers and caring for plastic pants. So when reliable disposables with SAP appeared, I was eager to switch.

Another big change was the development of cloth-like, breathable, waterproof covers for diapers. However, I wouldn't necessarily call that an improvement. I've found that breathable diapers tend to transmit odours outward as they transmit air inward. So I intend to stick with plastic covers as long as they remain available on high-capacity adult diapers.

I've not tried a lot of the newer/newest diapers like Dry 24/7 or Rearz, but I dislike the fact that so many are focused around prints, and also that they have the separate stiff tape landing zones. I like all- or mostly white diapers, and for the tapes to go right on the main diaper material. If you could give me something super thick with those qualities, I'd be all for it.

Speaking of Rearz, what is the deal with that cute girl who presents their products on YouTube? Is she ever going to wear one or just talk about it?

ExtraFluff said:
I've not tried a lot of the newer/newest diapers like Dry 24/7 or Rearz, but I dislike the fact that so many are focused around prints, and also that they have the separate stiff tape landing zones. I like all- or mostly white diapers, and for the tapes to go right on the main diaper material. If you could give me something super thick with those qualities, I'd be all for it.

Dry247's Confidry are probably exactly what you're looking for. Thick, ALL white (no indicators even), waistband elastic, no hard tape panel. The shell is strong enough though that the tapes can't usually tear them. But the shell isn't as soft to the touch as a result.

They're doing prints because they're in demand. All of the print diapers have a hard tape panel. I'm speculating that the shells they can print on are too soft and will tear under strain of tapes, so they have to put on the harder reinforcing tape panel. This does reduce comfort a bit - I'm a back-sleeper, and rest my hands on my thighs, so my wrists are right where the tape panel and tapes are. Sometimes that's uncomfortable.

Speaking of Rearz, what is the deal with that cute girl who presents their products on YouTube? Is she ever going to wear one or just talk about it?

Cute gals in cute diapers... kawaii ;)

bambinod said:
Dry247's Confidry are probably exactly what you're looking for. Thick, ALL white (no indicators even), waistband elastic, no hard tape panel. The shell is strong enough though that the tapes can't usually tear them. But the shell isn't as soft to the touch as a result.

They're doing prints because they're in demand. All of the print diapers have a hard tape panel. I'm speculating that the shells they can print on are too soft and will tear under strain of tapes, so they have to put on the harder reinforcing tape panel. This does reduce comfort a bit - I'm a back-sleeper, and rest my hands on my thighs, so my wrists are right where the tape panel and tapes are. Sometimes that's uncomfortable.

Cute gals in cute diapers... kawaii ;)

I am going to disagree with you on the Dry 24/7 shells. The plastic is actually a lot softer in texture than the DC Amor's, ABU Space diapers, and even Aww So Cute. The Bellissimos come close, but are still not perfectly similar to the Pampers made in the early 1980's. The Dry 24/7 diapers have a backing that is the most similar to the older Pampers. North Shore Supremes actually do have a softer outer plastic, and they are also quite strong. It's too bad they don't have as long a fit as the DryCares do.

Honeywell6180 said:
I am going to disagree with you on the Dry 24/7 shells. The plastic is actually a lot softer in texture than the DC Amor's, ABU Space diapers, and even Aww So Cute. The Bellissimos come close, but are still not perfectly similar to the Pampers made in the early 1980's. The Dry 24/7 diapers have a backing that is the most similar to the older Pampers. North Shore Supremes actually do have a softer outer plastic, and they are also quite strong. It's too bad they don't have as long a fit as the DryCares do.

If you want soft shell, go try some of XP Medical's Absorbency Plus. (get the level 4's, they're worth the extra money over the level 3's) Softest shell I've seen. No tape panel either. It's like butter. But it will tear if you tape too tight, and there's no 2nd tapes and no waist elastic.

I have tried the Absorbency Plus, but they do not have the leakage protection or coverage needed in my case. On the other hand, yes, they do have the best outer backing. I just wish that Gary would design them to be on a par with Bambino's offerings, even if he uses tapes that are similar to the North Shores. Standing leak barriers would help his product tremendously, but I know for a fact that he does NOT feel that they are needed, and he WILL NOT change his design. This is unfortunate. Great materials, but limited protection due to the design that works for some people, but not for others.

Honeywell6180 said:
I have tried the Absorbency Plus, but they do not have the leakage protection or coverage needed in my case. On the other hand, yes, they do have the best outer backing. I just wish that Gary would design them to be on a par with Bambino's offerings, even if he uses tapes that are similar to the North Shores. Standing leak barriers would help his product tremendously, but I know for a fact that he does NOT feel that they are needed, and he WILL NOT change his design. This is unfortunate. Great materials, but limited protection due to the design that works for some people, but not for others.

Yeah they're not a good daytime diaper due to no standing leak guards and also bad clumping when wet, but for overnight they're quite good. Wicking is outstanding. For the overnight capacity you get, they're a very good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back