Diapers that are still plastic backed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well these days all I hear is "x brand is cloth backed now" or "everyone is switching to cloth backing" etc.

So i'm wondering which brands are still plastic backed, and how much are they?

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
As far as I know, Abriform, some store-brand generic (CVS, Walgreens, etc) Bambinos, and a few others (help me out, people ;)). They generally go a little more pricey than the others that you'll find, and Bambinos are flat out expensive.

Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Hands down the best and most common store brand: assurance
are still plastic backed.

Only 8.65 for a pack of 16, LARGE. Three large wettings + messing without a single leak..

just thought i'd say that. lol

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
L/XL Goodnites are if you have a smaller waist and don't mind a pullup type of diaper.

~Pramrider

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I don't know of any that haven't been said.

And I don't know what it is about plastic backed diapers, but I like them better than cloth diapers. Maybe its the sound that they make, I've always loved that sound

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Attends (other than the "breathable" line) and Care Cloud. Also Maxicare.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I know assurance are plastic, thats my daily diaper, and YUK I mean depends still are plastic, and securecare are still plastic.

I used the CVS diapers untill they changed, but you can still find some of those in some stores if you know what to look for on the label, the ones that say in oder control, in the yellow oval label, on the package, are plastic

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Tranquility ATNs are plastic backed, (c'ept for youth size, but those are really small) Theyre cheap absorbent and thick. The only weird thing is that if you bend them too much when you put them on, the leak gaurds fall off... WTF??!?!?

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Pretty much every adult diaper brand is plastic backed. The only ones that are paper backed are the baby diapers.

But in the future years, i expect to see many adult brands go paper backed as it is more environmentally safe i presume.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
No ones mentioned Secures and ATNs yet! EGAK!

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Pretty much every adult diaper brand is plastic backed. The only ones that are paper backed are the baby diapers.

But in the future years, i expect to see many adult brands go paper backed as it is more environmentally safe i presume.
Not true the adult diapers are mostly going to the spun bond fabric, it's getting much harder to find plastic backed diapers, but I do think the trend is turning back to plastic, because of the leakage, of the so called cloth.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Okay... lemme make a list.

Plastic backed Adult diapers.

Abri-forms (except "air plus")
Attends (except "breathable")
Assurance
Bambino
Depends Briefs
Dry 24/7
Kendall
Molicare
Tranquility ATN
Secure

That being said... the trend I've seen has been away from plastic and towards cloth backing which supposedly "breathes" better. In reality the cloth backed diapers I've seen are of a much lower quality than their plastic backed counterparts and leak more easily.

Tena is the latest US brand to be ruined by the switch to cloth. The diapers were previously cloth backed but had a traditional plastic tape "landing zone" which provided a snug fit... the best of both worlds kinda thing. The new Tenas have ditched the "landing zone" and use velcro fasteners... which are very poorly made.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Okay. If you want old or plastic diapers just look up Vintage (brand). Sometimes you have to put diapers, but sometimes you don't. Hope this helps.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
Dry Comforts are still plastic backed and they are very, very, very noisey and crinkly.
They are the loudest I've ever had and I've had many brands.

ChristieLuv

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy,
Yeah, out of all the plastic packed diapers I love Abriform the best! They seem the most babyish to me. They can be expensive though.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.