WillieSmalls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I’m still figuring out what I like best
The ease an feel of pull-ups is nice but Dey have low absorbency and finding affordable right fit is difficult

Diapers can hold a lot w/o leakage but not as easy for a quick change and I’m not sold on the feel quite yet, I also think I may need a larger size but Dey can be quite expensive also

What do people prefer? And what brands?

Reactions: Fireheat
For my money nothing beats a diaper.
As far as brands go the bear hugs are my current favorite, but I have some ADU preschool and kiddo in the mail arriving aTuesday so that might change.

Reactions: WillieSmalls
pull-ups during the day and a diaper at night for the last several years, best of both worlds

Honestly I don't find changing a Diaper to take that long if it's just wet

But maybe that's because I have had a lot of time (weekends and sometimes after work) in Diapers over the last 7 or 8 years, I could change from 1 wet diaper to a Dry Diaper really quickly, so I just stick with Diapers, though most of my use is just at home, so I have rarely had to change anywhere else.

Reactions: Scupperguy30 and WillieSmalls
Pull-ups have their uses, but I don't hold back during bladder movements, so want something with full coverage and high absorbency. I will wear pull-ups when exercising outdoors (running/walking), working outdoors, etc., particularly in summer when "breathable" is a plus. I don't buy anything fancy, just Depends Flex Fit or Tru Fit at the store, and they're good for an hour or two, or more if I'm sweating. Changing pull-ups means removing your pants or shorts, too, so I actually prefer changing tape-on diapers. I think the best approach is to have a variety of options depending on your activity. I switch between belted shields from Wal-Mart, the Depends pull-ups above, Northshore Lites and Tranquility ATN's for mid-range protection (often with a booster), up to Northshore Supremes.

Last edited:
I have used both and I find diapers to be much more convenient especially for bowel accidents.

WillieSmalls said:
I’m still figuring out what I like best
The ease an feel of pull-ups is nice but Dey have low absorbency and finding affordable right fit is difficult

Diapers can hold a lot w/o leakage but not as easy for a quick change and I’m not sold on the feel quite yet, I also think I may need a larger size but Dey can be quite expensive also

What do people prefer? And what brands?
I like Tena best. But if you’re looking for good diapers but cheap. You try looking at Nappies R us.

angelicprince said:
For my money nothing beats a diaper.
As far as brands go the bear hugs are my current favorite, but I have some ADU preschool and kiddo in the mail arriving aTuesday so that might change.
I don’t know bear hugs :(
Where can I find dese?

Reactions: Fireheat
I prefer diapers I’m wanting to try ABU Super Dry Kids

I like diapers better because diapers are more babyish/toddlerish than pull-ups.

Last edited:
Honestly, if I have to go disposable, my ideal solution ends up looking like a pull-up and a diaper loved each other very much. :ROFLMAO: My hands and tapes do not get along! What I plan to do is start with a decent pull up, pair it with one of those pads that looks like a wingless diaper, cut the backing off the pad everywhere it'd touch the pull-up padding, and stick an upside down booster over the hole, so pee goes from wingless diaper, to booster, to pull-up, but the system ends up with diaper-like coverage, because the backing on the wingless diaper is only gone where the pull-up touches. Does that make sense? Ah, the joys of disability! Sometimes, custom solutions are required.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
WillieSmalls said:
Where can I find dese?

They are made by Changing Times Diaper Company, and they are pretty much like Tykables (cloth on top of plastic backing, so the Velcro tabs can adhere, and you can readjust them many times), but with a cute night time Teddy Bear theme

WillieSmalls said:
Where can I find dese?
You can find them here but be warned they are amazing diapers and you might get hooked on them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Pull ups are totally inadequate for me because I am completely bladder and bowel incontinent and high quality adult diapers are the only thing that can contain my accidents.

Reactions: WillieSmalls and Deleted member 47221
I use both Pull-ups and tabbed diapers depending on the situation and what I am attempting to do but if I had to choose, I would go with tabbed diapers as they are usable in more situations than pull-ups are for me.

For me tapped diapers work best its been years since I wore a pullup and ended up standing in a self made puddle after the pullup failed

Last edited:
I’ve tried pull ups, did not care for the fit and leaking.
I’ve been a diaper lover since childhood and prefer plastic backing on my diapers.

Although I like my Goodnites, I like diapers more. Even the word - diaper, is cool.

Last edited:
Nappies of course. They’re far more absorbent and I love the tapes on nappies

Last edited:
I wish they had cute functional adult sized pull ups like Pull-Ups does with the fade when wet indicator. I'd be all over those in a heartbeat.

I really like pull ups, but you can't beat the dependability of a tape on diaper.

Reactions: angelicprince and LilPierre
Back