Not open for further replies.

PadWoman

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
GUEST_28a03ee8-7058-40c7-90ac-dc04399a9086.jpg

Hi

I wonder if this is a good incontinence pad to use while I compete in gymnastic and how many time a day do you think I can pee on it?

What brand is it and what is the rating of the absorbency also how much do you leak if it is just a little maybe or you might want to use a heavier pull up diaper it will probably still be discreet enough but it will depend on what you wear over them

Reactions: PadWoman
Hi I wear a tight leotard as it is my competition suit. When I pee I pee quite much during every gymnastic moment. Is a pull up diaper better then and is the pull up diaper fully covered by the leotard because I wear a high cut legs leotard?

Reactions: Carnifex
That's a good question buy a bag of some that are supposed to be slim I think that tena has some and poise and also always then put it on in front of the mirror if you have room do some of your move and see if it is exposed if it is maybe a more absorbent pad or see if you can get a little bit more coverage leotard

Depends also is supposed to have discreet underwear

Let me know what you figure out

What product you should wear really depends on the volume of pee when you have an accident. When I started having accidents a few years ago, it was very minor bladder incontinence. Pull ups were sufficient at the time. My incontinence issue cleared up after about 6 weeks. Last summer, I threw my back out again and it was so severe that it caused all out bladder and bowel incontinence. Now a days, the only thing that is sufficient to contain my accidents is an all out adult diaper. The best advice I can give you is to just find the best level of protection that will contain your accidents. Obviously if you wear a diaper and just a leotard, your diaper will be easily noticed. A pull up and leotard will still be noticeable. If you only pee a few ounces, a pad or pull up might be sufficient. If you have a full bladder accident that has about 18 ounces of pee, then a diaper would be your best option. I hope this info helps.

Have you tried any thing else yet

most sport my wife can get away with a Pad.

It will depend on how much you’re likely to wet while you’re training. If it’s quite severe I suggest using a cloth-backed tape-on diaper. Tena Slip Maxis work well for me when I need thicker protection than normal. Most of the time I use Tena Flex Super which are belted diapers in the daytime, which are more flexible but the belt that holds the diaper on can chafe if you’re not careful. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s cloth-backed as it will help your skin to breathe easier. I don’t do gymnastics but I do trapeze and zero gravity yoga and cloth-backed diapers make everything more comfortable when I’m excercising.

A diaper is also easier to conceal under a leotard than you may think - in fact a number of incontinent people wear concealers or onesies to hide their diapers which look very similar. Any cloth-backed diaper will be fine.

And if you’re looking for something to compete in, practice using it in your training so it’s something you feel comfortable in. This will help you focus your mind on the task at hand, rather than what you’re wearing.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

With a leotard, the pads would probably be better because unlike diapers and pullups, there's nothing around the sides that will show. Normally, those pads are used with mesh pants or close-fitting underwear, but the leotard itself would probably sufficient. Abena have a range of pads (Abri-Form) that are just as absorbent as a diaper, they are basically just the middle part without the sides and tapes.

I tend to use pads in the summer when the weather is hot, because they're much cooler than diapers, but the main drawback with them is that the front tends to sag down after a while because there's nothing to really hold it in place. So the chance of leaks is higher than with a taped diaper.

downtide said:
With a leotard, the pads would probably be better because unlike diapers and pullups, there's nothing around the sides that will show. Normally, those pads are used with mesh pants or close-fitting underwear, but the leotard itself would probably sufficient. Abena have a range of pads (Abri-Form) that are just as absorbent as a diaper, they are basically just the middle part without the sides and tapes.

I tend to use pads in the summer when the weather is hot, because they're much cooler than diapers, but the main drawback with them is that the front tends to sag down after a while because there's nothing to really hold it in place. So the chance of leaks is higher than with a taped diaper.
Abena's pads are called abri-san. Abri-form are the taped diapers.
I use those pads myself when traveling as it's more convenient to change, less bulky and cheaper per piece.

Volume is key. To some people, "Quite much" may mean just enough to make your pants noticeably wet. But to others that might mean a full bladder to others. Take a look at Northshore's website. They have their own pads, and some from other companies. But most importantly, they show absorbency for each product (in ounces). Absorbency ratings tend to be theoretical maximums. You would probably never use the maximum, because it implies wetting the whole pad evenly, which is unlikely in real use. But they do give you one means to compare products. So if a product is rated at 4 ounces, and that's not enough, you can try something with more capacity.

I've found that while people here can be somewhat helpful in directing you to possible solutions, you really need to test some products to see what best meets your needs. And you need to figure out how long you need to wear an incontinence product before you are able to change it. I stress the word "need" rather than what would be your dream. That is because you can certainly find something that will hold an ocean of pee. But even the most discreet products increase in bulk as they get wet. The highest capacity ones will get quite bulky. I can't imagine doing gymnastics in something like that. So you may want something that will last just long enough until you can get to a bathroom and change the pad (or pull up). Changing may still be awkward and less than ideal at times. But you may find that is better than a very bulky pull-up or diaper.

I like Always Discreet Maximum pull-ups, even though I am a guy. They don't make a men's version, but other men have recommended them. They fit close to the body, and are as discreet as anything I've tried (some products I tried seem to hang down in the crotch). They are also very comfortable (some, like regular Depends have the feel of paper towels). The Always Discreet Boutique are even softer, but a bit tighter, which makes the regular ones a better fit for me. I have overactive bladder, so when I pee, it's generally less than 3-4 ounces. As long as I don't let it all go at once, the Always Discreet's will usually more than one wetting (though 3 would be pushing it).

I've worn the Always Discreet pull-ups while running. I haven't had any chafing issues, even after 3-4 miles with them being somewhat full (at most 3-6 ounces).

When i don't feel like wearing a diaper i wear Tena Lady Maxi Nights, they are incredibly comfy and absorb a lot :)

Try always discreet. They hold a decent wetting. They only downside is the floral print and it has a perfume smell. The only other one I'd wear is Tena because they are plain white

Last edited:
mender1243 said:
Try always discreet... The only downside is the floral print and it has a perfume smell...
I find that the scent dissipates after they have been exposed to air for a few days. Anyway, I don’t notice the scent through my clothes even if they haven’t had time to let them “breathe”.

I used pull-ups and tranquility belted undergarments for cross country, they might be good for gymnastics

For men must be a diaper because the anatomy moves around

Mickeymic said:
For men must be a diaper because the anatomy moves around
The question was asked by a woman.

how much time do you need for your workout and how long do you get out of the pads you wear? Also have your pads given you any issues doing the types of movement you do for this stuff? You might want to try doing some workouts in private with a pad, underwear and a diaper and see which performs best and handles the best for what you need to do for the activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back