Diapers for Running/Jogging

EcoIncon

Cloth diaper anyone?
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I usually jog in real cloth diapers because they don't chafe on the legs as much as the "cloth like" cover of breathable diapers. When I travel, I have always used Molicare comfort Plus diapers that are thin, have a PE backing and breathable side panels. These are no longer made and they've replaced them with a totally cloth like back.

Looking for something that breathes well, absorbs a decent amount, and doesn't chafe the legs. Anyone have a disposable that works well for them when exercising/jogging/running?
1626523312580.png

Reactions: Diaper44
I use the Attends stretch. They don't hold a lot, but they stay in place and handle movement very well.

Reactions: EcoIncon
For running and cycling I have switched to Confidry 24/7 in the past few years. They are a little (ok, a lot) bulkier than my regular M4s but they provide the protection I need when I'm exercising like that.
I wear compression shorts or tights over them to manage the swelling and sagging, and to keep my diaper from shifting around.

Reactions: Diaper44, pavment, jessraven and 1 other person
DiaperDiva said:
I wear compression shorts or tights over them to manage the swelling and sagging, and to keep my diaper from shifting around.
Thanks! don't know why I hadn't thought of that. Guessing that opens up a lot of options for what to wear under them.

Reactions: Harleyrider89 and DiaperDiva
EcoDL said:
Thanks! don't know why I hadn't thought of that. Guessing that opens up a lot of options for what to wear under them.
It makes a big difference, what I found most uncomfortable before I started wearing compression shorts was the weight of a nearly maxed out diaper sagging and almost feeling like it could fall down! And the slight swinging movement did cause some chafing as well.
It gives me peace of mind about possible leaks and tears when I'm out for a run.

Reactions: surprise35, Diaper44 and jessraven
For sports, no matter what kind of, I prefer as thin as possible. It is important that you wear the diaper as close and tight to your body as possible. So compression shorts or other tight clothing can help a lot.

I have worn spandex shorts over my diaper under leggings and a long shirt. I have rarely had a hint of problems even after a heavy accident. Which I have often while jogging. But recently my accidents are larger and more unpredictable and I might need to upgrade to the “big guns.” Are confidry reliable with exercise?
jess

Last edited:
I'd recommend trying the Tena Flex line and maybe the Molicare Elastic. They are reasonably absorbent, discreet, hug your body, and should be better when active compared to a bulkier diaper.

Reactions: jessraven and EcoIncon
Since the new abena are thinner. I always run in them

Reactions: DiaperDiva and EcoIncon
lampkins said:
I'd recommend trying the Tena Flex line and maybe the Molicare Elastic. They are reasonably absorbent, discreet, hug your body, and should be better when active compared to a bulkier diaper.
Thanks - I’ll look into those ! Jess

landingxray said:
Since the new abena are thinner. I always run in them
@landingxray is there a way to know which Abena you are ordering? I always found Abenas to have far too much pulp for the amount of SAP and be far too thick to be useful but if they are thinner now, the shell used to be durable, fits well and is pretty comfortable.

lampkins said:
@lampkins. Thanks for the tip on the Molicare Elastic - LL Medico has single item samples so will try those out. Do you know if Tena Flex and Tena stretch are the same? I can't find samples of stretch but not flex.

My running choice, I find underwear based protection the most comfortable. Since I only run for a hour to 90 minutes, there is not a need for a lot of absorbing material. Compression shorts over top for reducing chafing as well.

If you run in unpopulated areas, and are more OAB, there are strategically pause-able opportunities.

Reactions: MaxxH and EcoIncon
daylight said:
My running choice, I find underwear based protection the most comfortable. Since I only run for a hour to 90 minutes, there is not a need for a lot of absorbing material. Compression shorts over top for reducing chafing as well.

If you run in unpopulated areas, and are more OAB, there are strategically pause-able opportunities.
agree on the pull-ups and absorption required. Starting to run over 2 hours now which needs more but a quick pit stop is preferable to me to wearing something too thick. Compression shorts are the key. I've run now using them with pull-ups and both cloth and disposable diapers... soooo much better!!!

EcoDL said:
@lampkins. Thanks for the tip on the Molicare Elastic - LL Medico has single item samples so will try those out. Do you know if Tena Flex and Tena stretch are the same? I can't find samples of stretch but not flex.
The Tena Flex is different than the Stretch. I like the Flex better. It has standing leak guards and the medium fits me well. I tried the stretch medium years ago and the two stretch bands would meet in the center and seemed too big for my 32" waist.

I really like the fit of the Molicare Elastic 10d small, the main downside though is that the backing begins to separate. It might be that the small on my 32" waist is at the max range even though they claim up to 35" and I have to stretch the sides to their limits. I didn't try the medium, but I read others wore the medium and found them too big leading to leaks. If Molicare fixed the backing adhesive issue, they would be excellent. I suggest trying a sample. I ordered one from LL Medico as well.

I consider both of these stealthy diapers, something I need when wearing around my kids. They are nearly silent, but still give very good protection. The Tena Flex is a little bit thicker, softer, and fluffier. The Molicare is slightly thinner, but seems to swell more. I think absorbency is comparable.

Pull-ups are great!

When I play sport (play soccer and cycling ) or doing gym work I find the key is compression shorts or leggings, it’s great they have become all the fashion in recent years to wear under shorts etc. I wear my usual Tena Slip to make sure of full protection

I think the best all round Nappy I have used so far is the Tena Proskin Ultima as it is by far the softest and most comfortable Nappy.
I usually wear for anything up to 8 hours and so far (touch wood) have had no rashes or clumping and doing a lot of clambering around on rocks whilst walking and clumping can be a big issue with some Nappies I have used in the past, also the other Nappies tend to give me Nappy rash once the leg openings get wet resulting in very unpleasant wealts over my groin area resulting in copious doses of Metanium.
One other thing is using net pants does compress the Nappy and reduce the absorption but the Tena Ultima has so much absorbtion that it has no noticeable negative effect, far from it as everything gets more snug as the day goes on !
I have tried pull ups and they have their place in the ic armoury but do lack the security that a taped Nappy offers and my experience of them is how much they leak.

Last edited:
Going out for an early morning run in my wet and messy diaper is a wonderful experience, feeling the poopy load with each stride makes me run faster!

• Wow
Reactions: James1234 and EcoIncon
lampkins said:
Tried the Molicare elastic 6d by themselves and they seemed to sag a fair bit and ride really low on my waist. Added a pair of compression shorts and bingo, I've got a great new running option. Thanks to you and @DiaperDiva for the suggestions.

Reactions: DiaperDiva
I don't do cloth back diapers because I never found any that fit right and stay put and if you are running in them you want them to stay put even when full. I love the feel and fit of Mega Max they always hold up they never loosen or stretch with that reinforced landing pad on the front and the large tapes. I would say maybe if you used one and worn some good compression shorts over them. It would keep the plastic from rubbing your groin area.

Back