Diapers for IBS

cantwait

Life is full of surprises.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was just curious how many people out there wear diapers for IBS or urgency, fecal incontinence?

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, littlefun, RetroGirl15 and 2 others

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I wear diapers because of 29 years of urinary incontinence. But radiation treatments brought on chronic colitis, which has now become IBS. Thankfully I am still regular enough that my bowel issues are done by noon. My diaper is extremely important in the morning for the IBS, but I do my best to get to the toilet.

Reactions: Ceary and cantwait

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I started out wearing pull-ups just during the day due to urinary incontinence (U-IC). Initially it was just for long spells away from the home, since I can't hold it once the bladder urges when near full.

But I also suffered a lot of diarrhea, which got worse over time. Eventually I discovered that avoiding cruciferous vegetables (cabbage mainly), spicy foods, oily foods, apples and pears mostly cleared up my problems. Because I still risk a fecal accident from time to time (after coffee), I continue to wear a pull-up or a cheap brief during the day. If I leave the house for an extended time, I wear better protection (brief + pp) in case I have an IBS-d incident away from home.

Reactions: KrazyJoe67, cantwait and Ceary

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I wear plastic backed briefs due to ic and extreme IBS not fun

Reactions: KrazyJoe67, cantwait and Ceary

RetroGirl15

Symbol of beauty & purity; Cure Cheri Blossom! 🌸
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
So i wear due to bowel IC but it seems like i might become urine IC soon due to ASD.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, cantwait and RoseofThorns

inconsurferdude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've pretty much always worn plastic-backed since I started using tape-on diapers for urinary incontinence, so the only thing that changed after having messy accidents was plastic pants. Usual setup is Tranquility ATN during the day and Abena M4 at night. Always in a onesie and plastic plastic pants. For IBS you really want standing leak guards, the cheap Depends I wear for working out are the only time I'm anxious about messing, but if it happens in them I can change within a few minutes.

Reactions: Raven801 and cantwait

RoseofThorns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I started really wearing due to unpredictable IBS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed, KrazyJoe67, cantwait and 1 other person

rennecfox

Continuing to put quarters in the life game
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
After several no warning bowel movements happened started wearing briefs all the time

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, RoseofThorns and inconsurferdude

Lecktroman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
For me it doesn't matter how far or long im going out, i am always diapered as i never know when and where it might hit me.

Reactions: RoseofThorns and chuck

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
rennecfox said:
After several no warning bowel movements happened started wearing briefs all the time
You should switch to diapers since those briefs aren't meant to hold BMs.

Happy2BeInNappies2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Yes it's IBS induced fecal incontinence for me, (but the good days, still out weigh the bad days - just), as I can be at either end of the Bristol Stool range on most days. My bladder has slow flow, but otherwise OK for a 65 year old.
Have not been game to wear underwear for years, but thankfully, good protection gives me a 'normal' life.

cantwait

Life is full of surprises.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Thanks for all the great comments everybody. This is pretty much the conclusion that I have come up with. I’ve had too many unpredicted accidents so I have started wearing full-time these days. This has giving me great security whenever leaving the house.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, RoseofThorns, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 1 other person

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
cantwait said:
Thanks for all the great comments everybody. This is pretty much the conclusion that I have come up with. I’ve had too many unpredicted accidents so I have started wearing full-time these days. This has giving me great security whenever leaving the house.
That's me in a nutshell....was wearing pull up or cath for urinary ic but as the fecal incon and ibs have started war I'm in plastic backed briefs 247 and quite simply it's gotten so bad and the mental end of not making it to the loo was getting to me along with the pain my extreme ins caused I decided to take a week off and not even try to hold it ..... That was months ago not fighting it and being in less pain was wonderful along without the expectation of using the bathroom was way better mentally. I still make it occasionally if I'm nearby but for the most part ... You get it best thing I've done pain wise and mentally was to just let what happens...happen and just try not to care. Still a bit of a mental game from time to time as you always judge yourself and I think we are all our own worst critic. Only downside is constantly not trying to control it I think has made my control a bit worse and I have started messing in my sleep which I would happily do without as that is the only thing that is really hard for me. I hate that soooooo much but anyways happy New years everyone 👍

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, Happy2BeInNappies2 and inconsurferdude

Lecktroman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
cantwait said:
Thanks for all the great comments everybody. This is pretty much the conclusion that I have come up with. I’ve had too many unpredicted accidents so I have started wearing full-time these days. This has giving me great security whenever leaving the house
For me loose clothing and a onesie is a must and it helps to keep the diaper up and hidden when you bend-over etc.. Keep in mind my work pants are carhartt black in color and just one size bigger. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself is humiliation worth-it? My stress level went down 200% since i made the choice of wearing diapers outside of the house, actually got my freedom back! Just my 2 cents bud.

Reactions: RoseofThorns, Happy2BeInNappies2, inconsurferdude and 2 others

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hear that diapers kinda gave me my life back after I got over the mental game of it all

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2

Lecktroman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Raven801 said:
Hear that diapers kinda gave me my life back after I got over the mental game of it all
It's a very hard stepping stone to admit and/realize that I-We have a physical problem that cannot be seen by others and it frustrates me when i have to use a disabled washroom to change and a KAREN is waiting doing the Karen thing waiting at the door. Do your thing and walk-away it is very frustrating at times but keep your chin-up and be yourself!

rennecfox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
bigtoddler96 said:
You should switch to diapers since those briefs aren't meant to hold BMs.
Thats what I meant by briefs, fitted tape on briefs

Reactions: inconsurferdude

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
rennecfox said:
Thats what I meant by briefs, fitted tape on briefs
Oh, I was confused. So they were actually diapers? When I hear the word "briefs", I think of them as thin underwear that's not designed to hold pee and poop.

rennecfox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
bigtoddler96 said:
Oh, I was confused. So they were actually diapers? When I hear the word "briefs", I think of them as thin underwear that's not designed to hold pee and poop.
yeah I normally wear Abena Xplus/confidry/better dry :p for the thin ones I'd call them underwear which after a few close calls I do not trust

Last edited:

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Lecktroman said:
It's a very hard stepping stone to admit and/realize that I-We have a physical problem that cannot be seen by others and it frustrates me when i have to use a disabled washroom to change and a KAREN is waiting doing the Karen thing waiting at the door. Do your thing and walk-away it is very frustrating at times but keep your chin-up and be yourself!
Having a Karen lurking around waiting for me to finish in a disabled washroom is something I have long been worried about. Nearly happened a couple of times.

I used to have issues with IBS, no idea why it is not an issue now but it isn’t. At the time I was having issues it was very unpredictable, and most of the time I was able to avoid an accident. On trips I would take precautions, but could never bring myself to do so when out the rest of the time. The single time I had a big accident in public the restrooms were occupied and the restaurant manager (I knew her) noticed there was a problem and just said it would be ok. I realized at that point that I would have avoided an extremely stressful and embarrassing situation had I been willing to wear some sort of protection. Very hard stepping stone indeed, but far better than the alternative. I guess I had thought that wearing a diaper was somehow the same as admitting defeat. When I finally gave in I realized that I could be protected and still do my best to get to a restroom.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, slimjiminy and cantwait