Diapers for hard labour

• Thread starter Deleted member 58550
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 58550

Recently, my boyfriend tried wearing diapers to work to save time and not have to stop to use the bathroom. He works in a stable and often spends hours harnessed to a cart pulling tons of manure out of the stalls, as horses cannot be used for heavy work. As a result, he cannot stop to go to the bathroom, especially when work is being conducted by his superiors. In his opinion, the diapers were positive, except for the excess of sweat, which in his opinion impaired the absorption of the diaper. We'll try pull-ups next time.

Reactions: ChrisK

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Try the northshore pullups? They seem to be nicer between the legs compared to the tena. Maybe its material type? I also use “premax anti-friction cream” and make sure I don’t have hair around that area to be sure I avoid any rashes. 🙀

Reactions: Deleted member 58550
D

Deleted member 58550

IcyBlue said:
Try the northshore pullups? They seem to be nicer between the legs compared to the tena. Maybe its material type? I also use “premax anti-friction cream” and make sure I don’t have hair around that area to be sure I avoid any rashes. 🙀
You're right, we'll try that next time.

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Another absorbent choice in pull-ups is Abena Abri-Flex Premium Underwear. The one issue I have with pull-ups for manual labour is that they keep falling down. If you bend down to pick things up, they tend to ride down.

Reactions: Napincolove, diaperdude and Deleted member 58550
D

Deleted member 58550

slimjiminy said:
Another absorbent choice in pull-ups is Abena Abri-Flex Premium Underwear. The one issue I have with pull-ups for manual labour is that they keep falling down. If you bend down to pick things up, they tend to ride down.
I believe this is not a problem, as he is most of the time harnessed to the cart load, all he does is walk or run, he will not sit or bend down. I believe that plastic pants or underwear hold everything in place.

MudPuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
ABedWetter said:
Recently, my boyfriend tried wearing diapers to work to save time and not have to stop to use the bathroom. He works in a stable and often spends hours harnessed to a cart pulling tons of manure out of the stalls, as horses cannot be used for heavy work. As a result, he cannot stop to go to the bathroom, especially when work is being conducted by his superiors. In his opinion, the diapers were positive, except for the excess of sweat, which in his opinion impaired the absorption of the diaper. We'll try pull-ups next time.
He's harnessed to a cart? Horses can't be used for heavy work? Sounds odd. Get a small, walk behind tractor?

Reactions: PullupAndy and ReluctantAdult

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I can't comment on cart pulling, but, while my daytime job principally involves a laptop, I sometimes get involved in renovation work on evenings and weekends, and I can say that I've worn NorthShore's Megamax diapers while ripping out tile floors, laying tile and hardwood flooring, building fences and decks, etc, and they always stand up very well.

vp39

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
MudPuppy said:
He's harnessed to a cart? Horses can't be used for heavy work? Sounds odd. Get a small, walk behind tractor?
I remember visiting my grandfather in 1950 at his dairy farm in upstate New York; he was very proud of the conveyor system he'd just had installed to scrape the cowshit out of the barn gutters into the manure spreader. I'd have thought something like that would be pretty standard by now....

D

Deleted member 58550

SherriLil said:
I can't comment on cart pulling, but, while my daytime job principally involves a laptop, I sometimes get involved in renovation work on evenings and weekends, and I can say that I've worn NorthShore's Megamax diapers while ripping out tile floors, laying tile and hardwood flooring, building fences and decks, etc, and they always stand up very well.
Sweat didn't hurt you?

D

Deleted member 58550

vp39 said:
I remember visiting my grandfather in 1950 at his dairy farm in upstate New York; he was very proud of the conveyor system he'd just had installed to scrape the cowshit out of the barn gutters into the manure spreader. I'd have thought something like that would be pretty standard by now....
I don't know if they use that system there.

D

Deleted member 58550

MudPuppy said:
"Harnessed" is a way of putting it, he just pulls a few carts with less load, but that can take hours. A tractor is used when the load is larger.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can't even stand wearing a diaper doing my yard work in the summer. I couldn't imagine how hot, sweaty and uncomfortable it would be to wear at work while doing the job I do. Climbing, bending, reaching, lifting, tossing, pulling and ratcheting in sometimes 100° plus temps. And that's just one load, sometimes there's 3 plus loads per day.

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
ABedWetter said:
You're right, we'll try that next time.
Northshore GoSupremes, they have a terrible design flaw and leak on the second wetting. Just a heads up. Super short leak guards and thick padding they swells above he leak guards after the first wetting. Pee runs right out after that. Maybe 250-350ml capacity before pee runs past the leg gathers and down your legs. You may as well use Tena pull-ups. Better to get 500ml of reliable capacity than 1200ml that leaks after 250.

@NorthShoreAdam knows about this design flaw but they don’t want to invest into retooling their machines to fix it. I’m happy to put them on blast until they do.

Last edited:

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
One word of caution about Abena Abri-Flex Premium Underwear (and similar) - they do swell considerably with wetting. I am sure that I was "spotted" at a store once. I hadn't realized how much it was protruding out the front until I went home to change. That might explain the disgusted look of a young worker who had loaded a box into the truck for me.

• Wow
D

Deleted member 58550

Nowididit said:
I can't even stand wearing a diaper doing my yard work in the summer. I couldn't imagine how hot, sweaty and uncomfortable it would be to wear at work while doing the job I do. Climbing, bending, reaching, lifting, tossing, pulling and ratcheting in sometimes 100° plus temps. And that's just one load, sometimes there's 3 plus loads per day.
Now imagine pulling a cart load of horse dung on your back in the sun wearing a Tykables Overnights. I'll add "baby" to the "stinky pony" nickname I gave my boyfriend 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: littleph0enix
Status
Not open for further replies.