Status
Not open for further replies.

Babybike2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Like many men my age, I have an enlarged prostate, which means at least 2 and often 3 trips to the bathroom each night. This interferes with a good night's sleep for most. But since I have always gotten up in the middle of the night to pee, it's not that big of a deal for me.

So lately I've been wearing my diapers to bed regularly. Although my night diapers are not motivated by this issue, I have to say how pleasant it is to just wet my diaper and not have to get up. And yes I do get a better night's sleep :thumbsup:(I'm now at the point where most of the time I don't completely wake when I wet).

I choose to wear diapers to bed, or in other situations where a restroom may not be readily available, as a more natural and enjoyable alternative to medication for the treatment of my of BPH (enlarged prostrate) symptoms. :cool: What do you choose?

BabyBike1 said:
Like many men my age, I have an enlarged prostate, which means at least 2 and often 3 trips to the bathroom each night. This interferes with a good night's sleep for most. But since I have always gotten up in the middle of the night to pee, it's not that big of a deal for me.

So lately I've been wearing my diapers to bed regularly. Although my night diapers are not motivated by this issue, I have to say how pleasant it is to just wet my diaper and not have to get up. And yes I do get a better night's sleep :thumbsup:(I'm now at the point where most of the time I don't completely wake when I wet).

I choose to wear diapers to bed, or in other situations where a restroom may not be readily available, as a more natural and enjoyable alternative to medication for the treatment of my of BPH (enlarged prostrate) symptoms. :cool: What do you choose?

I don't have an enlarged prostate, but I still wear diapers to bed, more for pleasure and comfort. Occasionally I'll wet in my sleep. I have a certain amount of urge incontinence so that may be why.

Is there anything that can be done for your prostate? It doesn't sound comfortable.

I myself have BPH, and even with BPH drugs, I still have to wear diapers 24/7.
Of course, I also have a neurogenic bladder related to my having Cerebral Palsy.

BabyBike1 said:

I don't have any medical reason to wear diapers overnight, unless you count difficulty getting back to sleep after a run across a cold floor and a bright light several times a night. So yeah, I get much better sleep when diapered, for exactly the same reason as you.

And I'm drinking an extra glass of milk right now just before bed, to make sure I don't wake in the morning to a dry diaper ;)

Although I would still keep up with the medications, I would say that diapers are a definite convenience as well as being just-in-case protection.

I have been wetting the bed almost every night for the past four months. . .my prostate was one of the first things they checked, but besides feeling "boggy" the first time, it is normal. . .so they have me taking the just before bed dose of an OAB drug which seems to be helping. (Had my first few dry nights the past couple of weeks.)

Anyway, I am definitely grateful to be wearing diapers at night, not just because I was a DL to begin with, but because waking up to a soaked bed that first week was absolutely horrendous.

LittleAaron said:
Anyway, I am definitely grateful to be wearing diapers at night, not just because I was a DL to begin with, but because waking up to a soaked bed that first week was absolutely horrendous.

I don't understand why a DL would let it go a whole week before thinking to diaper up for bed?? If I wasn't already wearing to bed every night, I'm certain my ass would be padded after the very next night after the first accident.

I do not usually wet in my sleep. However, I have urge incontinence. And when I wake up needing to urinate, I usually begin to wet myself before I can get to the bathroom. So why bother trying to get up. I just wear a diaper and use it as needed whenever I need to urinate during the night.

I find much the same as many of you. I just wet my diaper and then able to get back to sleep a lot faster than having to get up and then try and get back to sleep. That assumes that I did wake up when I needed to pee. After that trip to the bathroom you are pretty awake by then.

bambinod said:
And I'm drinking an extra glass of milk right now just before bed, to make sure I don't wake in the morning to a dry diaper ;)

FAIL. First morning I've woke up dry in weeks. Apparently my body's playing Camel today...

dogboy said:
I don't have an enlarged prostate, but I still wear diapers to bed, more for pleasure and comfort. Occasionally I'll wet in my sleep. I have a certain amount of urge incontinence so that may be why.

Is there anything that can be done for your prostate? It doesn't sound comfortable.

I was offered medication but declined since it's not that big of a deal yet and I'd rather not deal with any side effects. Sometimes it's uncomfortable to pass urine since the enlarged prostrate presses against the urethra. I think this is interfering with my bed wetting training since the small discomfort makes me very physically aware of peeing. But like you, I'll get there one day!

Hate to be thinking that an enlarged prostate is just around the corner for me, too, but I'm glad I'm ready for it with my 24/7 diapering. I'm absolutely sure I won't enjoy the sensation of not being able to fully drain, but we'll see.

I thought an enlarged prostate restricted urine flow and made it difficult to go or to empty out completely, possibly leading to a complete obstruction?

I started wearing to bed every night a little over 2 years ago because I got tired (literally) of getting up to pee 2 or 3 times a night. I do sleep a lot better and I often go in my sleep at this point. It's worth noting that I have to make sure to drink at least 32 oz of water in the hour before I go to bed to help alleviate some other medical problems. But it's a commitment...once you start that, you pretty much have to continue no matter where you go or what you do. Business trip? Diapers in the suitcase. Family trip? Diapers in the hotel room. I have kids that are getting old enough to find out that daddy wears diapers and I dread it. But I figure it's time for a lesson in accepting others just the way they are. I just don't want them blurting it out, as kids do.

Vinylfeet said:
I started wearing to bed every night a little over 2 years ago because I got tired (literally) of getting up to pee 2 or 3 times a night. I do sleep a lot better and I often go in my sleep at this point. It's worth noting that I have to make sure to drink at least 32 oz of water in the hour before I go to bed to help alleviate some other medical problems. But it's a commitment...once you start that, you pretty much have to continue no matter where you go or what you do. Business trip? Diapers in the suitcase. Family trip? Diapers in the hotel room. I have kids that are getting old enough to find out that daddy wears diapers and I dread it. But I figure it's time for a lesson in accepting others just the way they are. I just don't want them blurting it out, as kids do.

Good for you!:worshippy: Personally, I don't think you have anything to dread. You are right that this will be a teachable moment with your kids. Hopefully, your wife is on board and will support you with this. I think the sooner broach this subject with them the better, but it's totally your call.

Obviously, I'm biased since I have liked and longed to wear diapers for literally as long as memory serves me, but I believe diapers are a viable and practical solution for situations like ours, even if there are other alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back