Diapers During Sleepovers as a Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey. Just curious when you were a kid, not a bedwetter- did you ever attempt to bring diapers on a sleepover without your friend(s) finding out. I have done that a couple of times when I was in 5th-6th grade and got too scared after a close call. I was sharing the pullout couch with a friend and I was attempting to put on a diaper that I took from my toddler cousin's diaper bag. It does not fit me so I was putting it inside my underwear and my friend woke up and asked what I was doing and what that noise was. I said "oh, its nothing and I am adjusting my shorts". It was quite daring to try that a sleepover. I think it was a plastic backed Pamper or Luvs (before the cloth backed came out).

Reactions: checkingoutall
Anybody??? Am I the only one that tried that?

I haven’t but I was older before I got back into diapers. I would say though that I would have been a complete nervous wreck lol

I never bothered attempting to hide it - and no way would I have been able to thanks to issues with my hands on top of IC - both well known in school so...(Although the prob in the hands is not obvious, but there are some things where it is a issue - changing my own diaper has ALWAYS been one of them)
SO - would not have been possible, or any point at all since the fact I was in diapers was no secrete at all to anyone.

Reactions: Jim100
I always avoided going to friends houses or attending sleepovers simply for the reason I didn't want my friends to find out that I was still wearing pull ups. I did have friends over to my house though, it was much easier to hide when your in your own environment. I remember playing with a friend one evening and soaking my pull up right next to him. I don't think he realised and I rushed straight off to the bathroom to change.

I am not sure how old I was (somewherein elemantary school). I slept at one of my friends. I didnt need diapers but at the evening his mother came and asked if I still need a diaper because my frient still needed one. I just said no and it wasnt really a big deal. I should have said yes :D

Reactions: FrankenBriefs, GoodnitesXL21 and jamiejamie
I never had a desire as a kid to wear. But I do remember one time when I was sleeping over at a friends (probably 8 or 9) and seeing a ton of diapers in my friends closet. He was an only child so I knew they were his. I didn’t have any interest then but I still remember the stack of white diapers (this was just before pull-ups became popular).

Went to tons of sleepovers as a kid, and think it might be a leading cause as to why I'm people's favorite bad influence. I was a nightly bedwetter well into 4th grade, and things were under control when I could just wear Goodnites, then I was taken it out of them by some stupid parental decision I can almost be certain was my old man's. I always preferred waking up in a wet diaper to a wet bed, who wouldn't, and somewhere I always had a desire to get back in, just needed a hook. Friends would have me over, and we would always have a great time, mainly because we wouldn't sleep. I was always worried about having an accident, so I would come up with ways so we wouldn't go to bed playing games, movies, video games, exploring the backyard while it was dark/stargazing. No one has ever known that I am prone to night time accidents, on one part I'm happy, on another I wish IC issues were't so stigmatized

Reactions: BigKid25 and jamiejamie
I didn't have a desire to wear back then but I was a bed wetter so naturally I wore them at friends houses, camps and such

Reactions: jamiejamie
I was a bedwetter so wearing diapers is pretty normal for me but i have to hide them as most of my friends don't know i still wear diapers to bed at night so for every school camps / trips etc i had to wear them discreetly .

Not sleepovers, but I remember finding nappies in wardrobes and under beds of friends who, looking back, must have been bedwetters who wore nappies to bed.

I used to do it quite often. When I was 11, my best friend's mom had another baby, by the time I was 13 and the baby was 2, he was wearing Huggies size 5 diapers, they were all over the house, in the bathrooms, living room, kitchen, very accessible. Once my friend fell asleep, I would go to the bathroom, and put on a Huggies for the night, I would use some medical tape that I brought each time and get the tapes to stick on, in the morning I would just pull the tapes off, roll them up in the wet diaper and toss it in the diaper genie. Things were a LOT easier when I would just sleep in the little brothers room on the bunk bed when the little brother slept in the parents room. This way I could get a few extra's into my backpack for when I get home!!

• Love
Reactions: xxPampersBoyxx, FrankenBriefs and babybobby
dltyty said:
I used to do it quite often. When I was 11, my best friend's mom had another baby, by the time I was 13 and the baby was 2, he was wearing Huggies size 5 diapers, they were all over the house, in the bathrooms, living room, kitchen, very accessible. Once my friend fell asleep, I would go to the bathroom, and put on a Huggies for the night, I would use some medical tape that I brought each time and get the tapes to stick on, in the morning I would just pull the tapes off, roll them up in the wet diaper and toss it in the diaper genie. Things were a LOT easier when I would just sleep in the little brothers room on the bunk bed when the little brother slept in the parents room. This way I could get a few extra's into my backpack for when I get home!!
Did your friend ever ask what you were doing or what the noise was?

jamiejamie said:
Did your friend ever ask what you were doing or what the noise was?
Luckily the Huggies in the late 90's were more of a cloth back. As far as I know, he never heard them, or at least if he did, he never said anything about it. Just going to the bathroom was a pretty easy excuse, I got pretty quick about getting a diaper on and taped up.

Reactions: BabyBilly
I was (and still am) an introvert and with wetting the bed I just never had any sleep overs (except for family vacations). I was just so scared that someone would find out that I wet the bed. This was when I was growing up and long before the internet. I was convinced I was the only bed wetter in the world.

Reactions: Absorblock
I do remember one story that may have something to do with evo I am now. When I was about 10 12 years old, my family went on vacation with Friends of the family you also have another boy my age. He was a bed-wetter but had never told anyone. It was an absolutely gorgeous night, and my brother him his brother and I I decided to sleep out under the stars in sleeping bags on top of an old canvas kitchen tarp. In the morning, he woke up and immediately went inside and get dressed and brought a sleeping bag in. After he came out and was talking to us for a while, we noticed it wet spot where he had been sleeping. We're actually very nice to him, asking him did you wet the bed? he denied it at first, but eventually we talked him in and checking his sleeping bag. He went in, and came back out shortly and announced, matter of factly, "Hey guys, guess what. I wet the bed." he hung out his sleeping bag, and nothing more was said. In retrospect, he obviously knew and was trying to hide it. I don't think another word was said about it. I think at that time I was mostly dry, but certainly could have reversed places with him. Even though I don't think he ever knew I was also a bedwetter, I felt a special bond with him, since I knew his secret.

Reactions: FrankenBriefs and Jim100
wiliawi said:
I do remember one story that may have something to do with evo I am now. When I was about 10 12 years old, my family went on vacation with Friends of the family you also have another boy my age. He was a bed-wetter but had never told anyone. It was an absolutely gorgeous night, and my brother him his brother and I I decided to sleep out under the stars in sleeping bags on top of an old canvas kitchen tarp. In the morning, he woke up and immediately went inside and get dressed and brought a sleeping bag in. After he came out and was talking to us for a while, we noticed it wet spot where he had been sleeping. We're actually very nice to him, asking him did you wet the bed? he denied it at first, but eventually we talked him in and checking his sleeping bag. He went in, and came back out shortly and announced, matter of factly, "Hey guys, guess what. I wet the bed." he hung out his sleeping bag, and nothing more was said. In retrospect, he obviously knew and was trying to hide it. I don't think another word was said about it. I think at that time I was mostly dry, but certainly could have reversed places with him. Even though I don't think he ever knew I was also a bedwetter, I felt a special bond with him, since I knew his secret.
That's nice ya'll and your cousins were nice to him after finding out he had wet his sleeping bag. I was in Scouts growing up and I don't even say anything when my tent mate had wet his sleeping bag even though I knew I was also a bed-wetter when younger at that time.

Reactions: FrankenBriefs and wiliawi
I was actually outted by my childhood best friend on a camping trip with a couple other kids that were more his friend than mine but we all hung together because he was my best friend.

He had known that I wet my bed for years. He went into my bag to get a game or something and saw my entire pack of goodnites in there and he decided to be funny and put one on and dance around in the tent in one.

Well after the hilarity of him doing that of course the next question was where did the diaper come from....

All and all the rest of the group was pretty understanding and really didn’t tease me too much. Come to find out one of them also wet the bed and didn’t want to come for the same reason.

I most definitely wore diapers to sleepovers however I can only think of a few times I was anxious about it and never once embarrassed that I can recall anyway. Most of the sleepovers I attended I wasn't the only person that still needed a diaper at night anyway and I have occasionally had someone bum a goodnite or 2 off me here or there. I was on a church trip once during the brief period I didn't need a diaper but still wore them when I wasn't in my own bed for safety reasons when one of the chaperones came and asked to borrow some because some other poor kid had forgotten or neglected to bring any for themselves. I had plenty and happily obliged.

Reactions: FrankenBriefs, Jim100 and jamiejamie
tdlrfootedpjs said:
I was actually outted by my childhood best friend on a camping trip with a couple other kids that were more his friend than mine but we all hung together because he was my best friend.

He had known that I wet my bed for years. He went into my bag to get a game or something and saw my entire pack of goodnites in there and he decided to be funny and put one on and dance around in the tent in one.

Well after the hilarity of him doing that of course the next question was where did the diaper come from....

All and all the rest of the group was pretty understanding and really didn’t tease me too much. Come to find out one of them also wet the bed and didn’t want to come for the same reason.
Glad your friends were understanding!

Reactions: BabyBilly
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back