diapers at hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

landingxray

Est. Contributor
I was staying at la quinta hotel the other night. I was in a rush to get out the door and left my stack of diapers on the next bed. When i came back that evening. I saw that the stack of diapers was on moved and one of the diapers was opened up and left on the bed. What was that all about??? I wonder if the cleaning ladies was curious about it!?!?!?!

I work at a hotel. Not at the La Quinta. It is possible that the house keepers where curious but they should not have gone through your stuff. You should report this to the hotel manager.

I stayed at hotel in London once that had turn down service. I didn't know it when I checked in. When I got to the room I put my footed pajamas and a diaper on the bed, rather haphazardly. When I returned that evening they had been neatly folded with the diaper on top with two chocolates.

Reactions: perlFerret
yukiyoshida said:
I work at a hotel. Not at the La Quinta. It is possible that the house keepers where curious but they should not have gone through your stuff. You should report this to the hotel manager.
Sounds to me like this is more a case of the maid trying to be helpful and tidy up. TC did say they were left in a stack by the bed.

Very kind hotel staff!

I've never left diapers out, but I have left my teddy bear and the maids are usually pretty kind to him and set him nicely on the bed when they're done.

I wouldn't worry about it, take it in stride. You'll never see them and now that it's more commonly in the TV ads, even with the Depends TV add where people are walking all over town wearing Silhouettes over their clothes to show support, I'd just come back to the room and smile inside.

I can understand it being a little disturbing, but I'd read that as the maid / turn down team being helpful. You can be reasonably sure that as people cleaning and tidying hotel rooms, they've seen absolutely everything before, so doubt there was any curiosity or malice involved. It's kind of good service, in a way!

She was just trying to be nice I think. This week I was also in a hotel and i left a new diaper under my pillow and that evening, the diaper was nicely putted on top my pj's :)

I never ever allow the hotel staff in my room when I am travelling UNLESS I am there. I at all times have the Do Not Disturb sign on my door. I take care of my trash and hand off the dirty linens for clean ones. If the floor needs a vac job I ask to borrow the vac to do the floor myself I do a hell of a better job than they do and yes I do the edging too.. If they need to do maintenance in my room I do make sure I am there! I do not leave my diapers out in plain sight either FYI.

yall extremely brave to leave your DIAPERS out in the open in a hotel room. Yall must be more comfortable with this then I am.

They've seen diapers, of all sizes. The hotel staff isn't phased. Trust me, a few clean and a few wet or dirty diapers in the trash don't even get their attention.

I certainly have left diapers in draws in a hotel room (obviously unused ones) though generally when leaving my room I put everything else including my toiletries into the cupboard all zipped up.

I am hopeful the cleaning staff just initially picked up your diaper thinking it was some trash and then dropped it back down after a quick inspection.

I think you have to be brave to clean hotel rooms!

BTW I genrally always ask where the garbage shoot or bin is and dispose of my own diapers when leaving the hotel room for the day... unless I am checking out then tie them up in multiple bags and leave them in their bin in the room.

BabyCorry said:
They've seen diapers, of all sizes. The hotel staff isn't phased. Trust me, a few clean and a few wet or dirty diapers in the trash don't even get their attention.

And I'd imagine they'd MUCH rather see your diapers than deal with your wet bed!

Sorry a bit long in my opinion.....

I got daring once, revealed through email that I wear diapers to bed and asked if they could provide a mattress protector. It was short- notice as well so they just put a shower curtain on mattress which was awesome in my opinion. That same stay, I purposely left a diaper, nonchalantly, laying on bed, didn't put Do not disturb on door, and left. Came back at night and although the diaper hadn't been folded nicely or anything, it was noticeably in a different place on my bed. Also I overused the J&J baby powder to create an overpowering aroma for the staff. Plus left my onesie laying nearby. I had a lot of fun with this exploration/"outing", of myself, it was the most open ive ever been with any person in my diaper-wearing years. Now I just need to find someone local willing to do the crazy deed of my first diaper change by another person.

PS if you were curious, it was a clean diaper, and a cloth AIO from Dependeco Diapers.

Well,

Yes, I'm sure they were being helpful...

I've traveled all over the world, and stayed in plenty of hotels, and being ic...well not an option...

My assistant(s) over the years always knew about diapers, most about AB as well...never asked them to participate in any way, although all but one did...and none were phased by diapers at all! Out the time we'd share a room, as I sleepwalk and they'd help with that...so being in the same room is better...

Motels, yes I've had plenty of them laid out for me, both by hotel staff and/or my assistant...

People are right, not many cleaning staff will bat an eye at a diaper, and they are much happier with a diaper than a wet bed!

I wouldn't worry about it, take it as turn down service, Laquita is sorta upscale hotel, and staff are just being kind...even a reminder possibly...put your diaper on says the maid :)

Have fun!
Sleep Well!

When I've traveled I don't leave my diaper out. I do put down a goodnites pad at night just in case, then take it off when I head out for the day. I've been in the hall to go to the vending machine late at night, never been seen that I now of in just a diaper at a hotel. Doing that was scary and exciting both. For some reason I did it a few times, guess it didn't really matter if someone saw me in my night garment.

outside of the opened diaper I wouldn't be too bothered and even that not so much unless it looked tampered with.

Don`t bother. Maid probably just wanted to be helpful. That happened with me once. Left my opened baggage on floor. When I came back in room in late afternoon. found all my clothes in wardrobe neatly packed together with diapers.

rideoflife1000 said:
Sorry a bit long in my opinion.....

I got daring once, revealed through email that I wear diapers to bed and asked if they could provide a mattress protector. It was short- notice as well so they just put a shower curtain on mattress which was awesome in my opinion. That same stay, I purposely left a diaper, nonchalantly, laying on bed, didn't put Do not disturb on door, and left. Came back at night and although the diaper hadn't been folded nicely or anything, it was noticeably in a different place on my bed. .

Many years ago I also replied to a hotel email if I had any special requests. I told them I needed a plastic mattress cover put on my bed. They used a shower curtain (which is very thick!). The hotel manager left a letter in a sealed envelope at the front desk when I checked in expressing her thanks for letting me know of my need and how nice it would be if guests who wet the bed would be as considerate and upfront as I was. My first thought was if I should tell her it was for dust mite allergies or something else besides wetting the bed but then thinking about my plastic underpants in my carry on bag that I would need to wear that night I realized it should be no big deal for them to know this is my reason. I now have my own plastic mattress cover I take with me to hotels and they obviously know when I put it on the bed. I have washed my plastic underpants in the hotel shower some mornings and then forgot I left them to dry on the back of the bathroom door. The cleaning staff probably saw them but have never moved them or mentioned anything to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back