diapers at hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most hotels and motels are prepared for this, although mainly for guests kids I suspect. I worked at a motel as a cleaner in my late teens and they always had a couple mattress protectors available as well as a couple cots with waterproof mattresses. I had to assist the chambermaids when we were busy, usually by clearing rooms of bedding and towels after guests checked out and I had to clean enough rooms out over a couple summers to know that bed wetting wasn't completely unusual. The staff didn't appreciate it when accidents happened and precautions weren't anticipated or taken.

That's pretty embarrassing! If they were AB printed diapers they might be talked about around staff, but unlikely if normal adult diapers. At least you'll probably never see them again unless you frequent that area.

That actually has me concerned haha
My daddy and I were planning on getting a beach-side hotel soon. It'll be pretty interesting if they find my Little Pawz :lol:

I have to agree with most of the other posts. As I do a lot of traveling myself, my own assumption is that they were being kind and helpful.

Perhaps that sounds silly, but I have traveled so many times with my plushie teddy bears and sometimes had to hurry to get to meetings and when I returned after the maid service, have found my teddy bear(s) propped up very elegantly on the bed. I have always taken that as a courtesy, and not as an embarrassment.

My guess about your diapers is that they were simply being meaningful helpful as an expression that they felt appropriate. I mean, you did leave the diapers out right? So having them placed after cleaning the room and making the bed was most likely an expression of what they maid service may have felt most appropriate. How much different is that than folding the toilet paper on the roll? Seriously... I could be wrong, but in my assumption it would be the same way, they are just showing you attention to even the "littlest" (no pun intended) of details.

Hotels are in the business of making a profit, and as such, they want to caterer to those who stay there. I am sure this is accentuated with the staff. And while all hotels are certainly not created equal, the goal is to provide you with the best experience possible.

I wouldn't for even a second lose any sleep over this.

I think that I travel a bit... We do weekend trips every now and then and then a week long vacation each year.

I'm the person who doesn't like the staff in the room until we've checked out. I usually have my laptop, camera gear, Chargers, wires and cpap machine all setup and I'd rather not have the chance something is taken or broken.

We will typically just tell them that we need towels and leave the used ones outside the door. Any trash I just bag up and sit outside there too. Sometimes a hotel will have a slip you can check to say just replace towels and take trash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since my travels are typically road trips, I only take enough diapers plus an extra or two into the motel at night. I just leave the bags of diapers in the open in the back of my van.... I took a two week road trip on rt 66 and just loaded a case of diapers and stuffers in the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back