• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Diapers are a true mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsk423

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I guess I've been a DL for a lifetime and have just now felt comfortable with it. But I'm still trying to understand why in the world I love to be in diapers. I can't for the life of me realize the real answer to that question. I mean, it's just padded underwear that just so happens to hold pee and poop. That's basically it.

I'll be honest, I think I'm a very lite AB as well. I'd love to just be babied once and see the experience. Maybe for like a weekend and be in diapers for 24/7 all weekend.

Recently I've been trying to wear diapers 24/7 for urine and it's going alright. I am worried about losing control, but I've only been in diapers 24/7 for around 4 days, so it's too early to care at this point.

So my question is this: When you realized you liked diapers and wanted to wear them again, did you ever wonder why? Did you ever try to use crazy excuses of some history in your life/childhood or did you ever want to talk to someone face to face about what the heck is going on in your mind?

Well, that's my rant, peace guys.

Role
Diaper Lover
I'll respond.

I always wondered why, I was curious, but it never bothered me at all, I was never really ashamed. My thought on loosing control is, hold it in before you let go, don't just be relaxed about it all the time. Back to the original, I attribute mine to being around a daycare with lots of diapers and some kids above diaper age in diapers. If the theory that fetishes occur when you realize the difference between girls and boys, then that would explain why I got it, diaper changes in day cares.

I stopped going to day care after 4th grade, I was good friends with the daughter of the owner, and that is why I went.

About you being a "lite AB" I think everyone is, no one is 100%, you will have a piece of the other in you.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I never cared. I just accepted it as soon as I found out what it was. I guess I'm lucky for that.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I never stressed about it. I just made the realization that it was what it was and I am who I am.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
There's been an ongoing debate with nature vs. nurture. I side with nurture, but since it can be a sexual fetish, there may be some physical pull as well. I suspect that most of us have given it a fair amount of thought, but the reality is that there is nothing that is going to change the impulse, so one has to learn how to live with it. I believe it is sexually linked even though there are a number of members that say it is not sexual with them. Freud would disagree, but his theories are dated. There are some good psychological site on the net. Bittergrey has some worthy things to say about it as well.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Recently I've been trying to wear diapers 24/7 for urine and it's going alright. I am worried about losing control, but I've only been in diapers 24/7 for around 4 days, so it's too early to care at this point.

So my question is this: When you realized you liked diapers and wanted to wear them again, did you ever wonder why? Did you ever try to use crazy excuses of some history in your life/childhood or did you ever want to talk to someone face to face about what the heck is going on in your mind?
First off I never seen anybody lose control since they are wearing diapers. I could explain why its highly unlikely or impossible but I have done that before and it always ends up to a stupid debate.

To answer your questions.

Yes, I did wonder why I wanted to wear diapers. I made some guesses as to why but never came up with any solid proof.

And the second question is also yes I think. I have talked to my dad and at least 3 psychologists about it but of course I knew more about it then they possibly could. Also no my dad didn't send me to them I went to them a LONG time before I told my dad.

incon50

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I believe they turned into a sexual thing for me as an adolescent because of all the padding and natural urges. Besides needing them they also provided me an intimate object to fantasize with.

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You need an intro thread O.<

And i never really questioned it.
Nope, didnt tell anyone about it.

Role
Diaper Lover
I have asked that myself even these days, the factors are variated:

- The pressure of the diaper around the genital area.
- The actual features (sound, smell (new or used), texture, etc.).
- The comfort.
- The fact that it's somehow a symbol of safety.

And many more things.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
tip for increasing bladder control...................

start peeing..... then consciously stop peeing and hold it in for a few seconds and then resume....

I heard this on a talkshow for people who are having bladder control issues

T

TechnoBaby

I felt annoyed when I wanted to be in diapers again I felt like a weirdo. But knowing that there are people like me in the world helped me to accept me better. I never felt that this is because some trauma in my childhood.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
It started when I was 6. To cut short a long story I have been through a few times, I tried one on, not knowing what it was, liked it and then worked out what it was. I knew it wasn't normal, but I didn't ever wonder why until I became active on ADISC. Never came up with crazy excuses or anything, and the only people I told were my parents when they found my stash - to general bad results.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
i was drug along on long car trips every weekend and had to hold it for over 2 hours (hard when your 4+) i think the repeated trauma led to me hating to hold it in. therefore diapers.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Human psychology/neurology... nature vs nurture all that. But since the gay gene has been found, might there be a sexual attraction to inanimate objects gene?

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I first realized I like diapers/baby items at around 9 or 10 years old. At first, I didn't wonder why. I just accepted it. Looking back, I don't know why I didn't question it much. I remember reading a lot of Deeker stories and stealing a Pull-Up from my neighbor's little brother. I also remember stealing some diapers from my little cousin. I guess I just accepted it as it was. I knew it wasn't normal. Anyway, as I got older I always questioned it. I still do. I'm a pretty curious person, who likes to ask "why."

Role
Diaper Lover
One thing I always wondered, was WHY does my brain like the feel of a diaper, the smell, the looks. How does it know that it will smell good, how does it tell me that it will smell good, and that it will feel good. That it will feel good when I wet? I don't understand that, and I want too.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
A good question Mr. Alex. That's why I believe there's more to life than just the physical. It's like there is another element at work, one we can't see or touch. The sense of smell is a much more incredible sense that at first perceived, because not only can a certain smell bring back memories of a past event, but it can make you almost relive it.

All the sensory input from diapers tends to lead us into past experiences, recapturing past emotions, feelings of safety and nurture. Somehow, we have that ability, by using object association, to recreate past feelings and events, not only in our mind, but in our physical feelings. It's most incredible.

rsk423

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
All very good points and I'm curious to see if anyone (a scientist or psychologist) will ever really figure out why people love diapers. I mean, it's a different case for everyone, but the general "fetish" can still be researched further.

At times I've wondered if a research could done where an individual would be paid a certain amount of money (rather large), and told to live like a baby for 3 years. The study would go thru the motions of growing up in the first 3 years of babyhood and then move into toddler and possible child if the research team wished to go farther than 3 years.

If you treated that person with as much respect and attention as any one, two, and three year old, what would that person's feelings be? I mean, would they enjoy it at first? Probably. But then after a few weeks or maybe months, would the study prove something?

If I were to be treated like a baby non-stop for 3 years (and this is why I said a paid research so money wouldn't be a problem), what would I be like after those 3 years? I'd be curious to know if I'd LOOOOVVVEEE diapers even more or if I'd be dying to get potty trained again and move on with my life. Sometimes I wonder if that's the actual cure, if there is one and someone wants it. Sometimes having what you want for a long period of time makes you forget why you wanted it in the first place.

Thanks for all of your comments, it's been interesting.

F

Falkio

Human psychology/neurology... nature vs nurture all that. But since the gay gene has been found, might there be a sexual attraction to inanimate objects gene?
I was going to ask about this. Someone told me that scientists actually bred gay rats. :eek: That could mean that fetishes are actually genetic. However, this would not explain what instills those desires in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.