Diapers and kids

blowydiaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
so im going to try and keep this nice and short

i have 2 kids, both boys ones 5 and ones 7 and i dont know why but they havent realised i wear until now really and was just wondering if there is any ways of concealment that anybody has used. as i dont want them to find out at such young ages as i think it might affect their mental health or something.

My kids know not to go into my room without permission or expressly told to. My stash is under my bathroom sink and disposed of in a trash bag in my bathroom so my kids don’t know. The middle (6) suspects but doesn’t actually know. I have the same fear but I wear mostly medical which can be explained away.

Reactions: Rezzu, checkingoutall and legojoker88
My oldest boys are about the same age. I am pretty sure that they know, but they dont say anything. I explained to my oldest (8) that sometimes adults have to wear diapers.

Reactions: TigerDL, Rezzu, checkingoutall and 1 other person
I have boys, 5 and 7. I don't wear when they're around or still awake. I keep mine hidden on a top shelf in a closet.

As they get older I'm sure I'll have to keep them locked somewhere. But they'll never know. That's my goal.

Reactions: mamabritt544 and BobbiSueEllen
legojoker88 said:
My oldest boys are about the same age. I am pretty sure that they know, but they dont say anything. I explained to my oldest (8) that sometimes adults have to wear diapers.
How did your son take to it? Did you explain to him that even some kids have to wear diapers? Hopefully he will be able to protect a classmate who might have incontinence issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Two kids here, 12 and 15. I try hard to keep it from them. Diapers are stored in a high-up, hard-to-reach place in the garage, and I wear when I'm assured of some privacy. That's been less often lately thanks to COVID, but I'm managing.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
12srepaid said:
How did your son take to it? Did you explain to him that even some kids have to wear diapers? Hopefully he will be able to protect a classmate who might have incontinence issues.
I know that for my middle (6) she is on the spectrum and still wears diapers herself so I know it will be easier if she does truly find out.

Reactions: 12srepaid and BobbiSueEllen
My husband and I have discussed this very topic as we have our first child on the way. So far we have agreed that at least for the first year or so our bio little one won’t really have the ability to question if daddy is wearing, however once he or she is able to start the wearing will need to be much more discrete and the items that come along with it will need to be stored away. We have a built in solution for this already. Another aspect we have discussed is that my personal involvement will also Begin to wade, specifically diaper changes lol. I said I will do what I can however he does understand that I may not be so willing to take on double diaper duty.
This response is ment to share that with honesty and real communication this lifestyle can be navigated with positive outcomes.

side note lol apparently postpartum diapers are a thing and myman is excited to see me in them lol any advice as to what I should get?

Reactions: Northwoodsnerd, checkingoutall and FrenchFriedOnion
This is an interesting topic. My kids are 10, 8, 8, and 5 and I have worn diapers around them on several occasions and they don't seem to notice anything. I keep my supplies pretty well hidden like most people here and I try and be as discreet as possible when I'm wearing around the house (my wife appreciates that too). The part that I find the hardest is when they want physical contact-hugs, wrestling, tickle fights, etc and trying to keep them from feeling the diaper. I was also thinking about how they don't associate crinkling with wearing a diaper, since all they've known are cloth backed diapers, and seem pretty oblivious to the whole idea that I'd be wearing one. If they ever do find out, I'll probably just tell them that sometimes I need to wear a diaper, which is true, but not go into more detail than that and let them connect their own dots. I also think that one of my twins may have some ABDL tendencies, which is a weird line to toe.

Reactions: checkingoutall and Seug
I personally wear diapers around my kids as I’m 24/7 and none of them know. To minimize noise I use waterproof pants (not plastic pants), a onsie, compression shorts and jeans and unless it’s pin drop silent (which let’s be honest parents it’s never that quite) you can’t hear a thing so that’s not an issue for me. Honestly although kids are smart and can easily pick up on subtle things, diapers on adults is not going to be a go to for a child. Just do everything in your power to minimize exposure and practice “conscientious” wear and you should be fine.

Reactions: checkingoutall
thanks so much guys i really appreciate all responses. i have read them all and will try them out but im always looking for more suggestions @Ralphie that was a great idea and nice of you to explain in so much detail but the same can be said for all of you really s o thank you all so so much
also have anybodys kids actually clocked on. and how have you managed changes when on holiday, at theme parks etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralphie
I have 3 boys myself around the same ages. We as parents have also struggled with this issue.
With that said they have stumbled upon things before which are quickly explained away in some form or another.
I try to be as discreet as possible and they dont notice me wearing. Everything is kept in a bin up in the closet which they know is off limits. We also have 2 locking storage cases for other discreet items. We are always looking for better ways protect our children from these things. As they get older who knows, we are pretty open with them about most topics.

Reactions: checkingoutall
How does everyone handle disposing of diapers with kids? It worries me to just bag them and toss because if a windstorm comes thru my area (as many do), our can will tip and they may raise an eyebrow.

GN1920 said:
How does everyone handle disposing of diapers with kids? It worries me to just bag them and toss because if a windstorm comes thru my area (as many do), our can will tip and they may raise an eyebrow.
I put them in black trash bags in my bathroom until it’s time to take them out and dispose of them.

i dont have kids but i do have nephews my 6 year old nephew knows but it was hard to explain medical terms

Reactions: Rezzu and checkingoutall
cannamommy said:
side note lol apparently postpartum diapers are a thing and myman is excited to see me in them lol any advice as to what I should get?

That's more of a "weak muscles and changes in abdominal pressure" leading to minor leakage for a few weeks until your body can re-adjust. So nothing extraordinary is required, all you're likely to need (if anything) is a dribble catcher for a week or two.

It's also interesting to see that some women go with diapers in the final stages of pregnancy due to having very little room left for their bladder to fill and being tired of needing to run to the restroom every 30 minutes. Diapers are a very practical way to manage that temporary problem.

Reactions: legojoker88
Back