Diapers and incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.
heatherreynolds said:
Wearing diapers does this to you. At first, I started wearing diapers because of bowel problems. I had complete urine control. But as time went by, I started to pee in the diapers and eventually got to the point that I no longer had any urine control and dribble all the time.
When I pee, it's not a trickle but is a strong stream. Much of the time, I'm sitting. Usually when I need to pee, I can't. So I stand up and immediately pee. So I don't pee in any position. If I didn't stand up, then eventually I would pee while sitting. However that is equivalent to holding my pee, which is inadvisable and uncomfortable.

Post #60 isn't for you, lilshelly. I was using your comment as a point of departure for what I wanted others to know about myself.

Last edited:
I wasn't really paying attention to the thread as I have not been actively on the site for years the only reason I came today because I got a notification that you replied. I was thinking about posting something completely different no need to say the post wasn't for me.

KitsuneFox said:
Bladder shrinkage over time, especially wearing 24/7. It's possible for your brain to switch 'potty time' off, and just release urine unconsciously. It's best to only wear when it is necessary, and make an effort to use the bathroom even when diapered. This expands your bladder over time, and forces your brain to try to hold urine in.
That one's bladder capacity changes as you grow older is a common misconception. Aging causes some urinary changes, including: decreased sensation when the bladder is full or empty, decreased ability of the bladder to contract, and increased amount of urine left in the bladder after peeing. I don't know how these changes are perceived by diaper-wearers. Unless I'm sleeping lightly, I don't wake up, peeing in my sleep. What you say is best, is not best, but is a matter of opinion. What I say in Post #59 is only a short explanation of the harm caused by not diaper-wearing. There is much more to be said. I diaper-wear 24/7 and don't use the bathroom at all, which is one of the better decisions I've made in my life.

Last edited:
Slomo said:
Pee whenever the feeling hits you. Over time you will be training your body and muscles to become incontinent.
Incontinence has an undeserved unfavorable reputation. I'm not going to state the many additional reasons why peeing quickly when you can is beneficial to your health and holding your pee is detrimental. An educational program is needed to rectify this situation.

alwayz said:
I wanted to see if I could go without wearing diapers; so one day I put on regular underwear, initially I thought I could do it. However, soon the pressure and pain started and I had to go to the bathroom, I thought, ok that's done, but within twenty minutes the pressure and need to go again came back, this happened for most of the day. I realized that I cannot be near a toilet all day like this and couldn't wait to put on a diaper. I have worn diapers 24/7 for over a year, and wearing them made me feel comfortable and secure. I don't think I will try to go without a diaper anytime soon. I realized that I need to wear diapers, and that this attempt to make it go away doesn't work. I look at this effort was not a failure but a realization that for me feeling comfortable and secure is much better than enduring the effect of urge incontinence is much worse than wearing a diaper.
That.

mtdl88 said:
Wet/messy pants are a lot more embarrassing than wet/messy diapers. I think once you accept the need for them, things get easier.
I wanted to wear diapers for decades but didn't. When I finally bought a diaper package, I didn't know how to put them on or change them so I never used them even after months. Subsequently I moved and now have someone to change my diapers so I wear them 24/7, never using the bathroom. So I didn't have to go through the process of accepting them.

Last edited:
alwayz said:
For me feeling comfortable and secure is much better than enduring the effect of urge incontinence.
Diapers feel unbelievably good on my skin. I'm so pleased by wearing them, I'll smile just by thinking about them. It's wonderful having so much less stress in my life.

ballyhooser said:
I suppose just being protected all the time has made me functionally incontinent.
There is no evidence available that suggests diapers worsen urinary incontinence. What you wear has nothing to do with incontinence. The incontinence would have worsened just as much even if you hadn't worn diapers. Diaper-wearing has stopped my toilet training which could have slowed down my development toward becoming totally incontinent.

DanielW said:
What's with all of the necro-posts? this thread has been dead for years, and the people you've been replying to are long gone for the most part. ??? "Slomo" for over a year
Sorry, i did not realize that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 47221
SeniorMan said:
Diaper-wearing has stopped my toilet training which could have slowed down my development toward becoming totally incontinent.
To correct myself, in diaper-wearing 24/7, I stopped toilet-using, preferring instead to wet and poop in my diaper. It's not incontinence but a toilet-alternative.

DanielW said:
What's with all of the necro-posts? this thread has been dead for years, and the people you've been replying to are long gone for the most part. ??? "Slomo" for over a year
He creeps me out tbh.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
Closing as this thread was necroed and because it is no longer about incontinence.

Reactions: Pino
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back