Diapers and incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Ok so I was under the impression that I if I didn't didn't try to become dependent upon diapers I would be ok.
As of late that is not really the case. I don't wear all the time as many of you know but it is getting to the point that I don't feel safe not wearing a diaper. I feel like I have to pee most of the time. I will go at that time and end up barely going at all.
I have tried going without the diapers and am running for the bathroom quite often.

Reactions: alwayz and ChristianDiaperLover
I don't see how this can be attributed to diapers. They're just a tool. We get out of them what we put into them (really not going for the pun on this one). I can see how you set yourself up greater dependence if your habit is to fully relax as soon as you tape them on. In that case, you're creating a habit and we all know how hard those can be to break. Obviously, if you were only wearing them and not using them there'd be no question. If you're wearing and still being deliberate about your use, holding until you need to go, I don't see how they can possibly be involved. If your behavior is different, the outcome could be different, so look at your actions while diapered. It could also just be an unrelated medical problem.

Reactions: tiny and jojokelly
I’ve had the same problem feeling like I needed to pee all the time, sometimes I would stand in front of the toilet and nothing would happen only to wet the diaper later or I wouldn’t feel it until was peeing. This too shall pass. Like Daniel W said “it’s better to have and not need than to not have and need”. I’m diapered 24/7 with very little bladder control

Last edited:
Feeling you have to pee all the time could also be a UTI. It might be time to see a doctor.

Reactions: Zeke
Get checked out, sweetie. It could be a UTI. It could be OAB. If it is OAB, know how common that is. 90% of the CP population, if I read correctly, and it causes leaks in 80%

My interstitial cystitis leaves me sometimes feeling like I have to pee all the time. That's a horrible feeling.

I agree with others that you should get it checked by a doctor.

If it continues I will definitely have a conversation with my doctor.

lilshelly said:
Ok so I was under the impression that I if I didn't didn't try to become dependent upon diapers I would be ok.
As of late that is not really the case. I don't wear all the time as many of you know but it is getting to the point that I don't feel safe not wearing a diaper. I feel like I have to pee most of the time. I will go at that time and end up barely going at all.
I have tried going without the diapers and am running for the bathroom quite often.
I have urge incontinence, I pee frequently and need to wear diapers all the time. over 18 months ago I could get through the day with pads and or incontinence underwear and a depend at night. Now I need to wear a diaper all the time. I had a motorcycle accident in 2010, it was nasty. I had to sit in a chair with my feet up for a long time. I started to have to go more often and thats when I started wearing incontinence products. over time it got worse and now I rely on diapers all the time

Reactions: Pino
alwayz said:
I have urge incontinence, I pee frequently and need to wear diapers all the time. over 18 months ago I could get through the day with pads and or incontinence underwear and a depend at night. Now I need to wear a diaper all the time. I had a motorcycle accident in 2010, it was nasty. I had to sit in a chair with my feet up for a long time. I started to have to go more often and thats when I started wearing incontinence products. over time it got worse and now I rely on diapers all the time

So, did you get back to riding?

Andrewgdfw said:
So, did you get back to riding?
no, my insurance went up and I don't feel safe.

I’ve had bladder issues forever. Late to potty training; bedwetter until 12. Bed wetting in 20s due to alcoholic drinking. Always had an overactive bladder. Teased for years about it; how often I go. Have seen doctors about condition. Test results all normal! I have all around angst about “the bathroom “, really.

jojokelly said:
I’ve had bladder issues forever. Late to potty training; bedwetter until 12. Bed wetting in 20s due to alcoholic drinking. Always had an overactive bladder. Teased for years about it; how often I go. Have seen doctors about condition. Test results all normal! I have all around angst about “the bathroom “, really.
Sometimes it's tricky with OAB/urge IC because your bladder behaves the day it's being tested. Doesn't mean there's not a problem. It's like a bratty kid, who knows a parent is watching. It's possible to catch it misbehaving, but might take few tries.

Last edited:
alwayz said:
no, my insurance went up and I don't feel safe.

I hear ya on the insurance rates. I sold mine a few years back and that partially factored into the reasons. Also, fear of theft or vandalism was becoming a bigger risk. For touring comfort and safety now, I'd opt for a three-wheeler. More room for inco supplies that way, too. I've kept all my riding gear, so if the day ever comes when I return to riding (heck, even if I rent one), I'll be good to go.

Reactions: alwayz
For me that's how it is when I work, that I often have to go to the bathroom every day, because otherwise the pressure gets so strong that it hurts. When I'm out in the city, I always put on diapers, and wet them too, so as not to get the pain of bladder pressure.

For the night, I also put on diapers, and can sleep all night without waking up. The diapers stay dry. Of course not if I consciously wet them. But the strange thing is, if I sleep without diapers, then I am always awake by the bladder pressure, and I have to go to the bathroom.

I do not drink anymore, or less. I do not know why that is, that I will wake up without diapers in the night, and sleep with diapers until morning ...

Wearing diapers does this to you. At first, I started wearing diapers because of bowel problems. I had complete urine control. But as time went by, I started to pee in the diapers and eventually got to the point that I no longer had any urine control and dribble all the time.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, surprise35, emp711 and 1 other person
When I started having bladder issues I started with pads and later pull ups. And then in the end tape diapers. My bladder control seems to have faded, and today I have diminishing control. Can be it's because of diapers, I didn't have to exercise as much control as I used to (fight to stay dry) in diapers, it doesn't matter. I'm dry on the outside, and who cares about the state of my diaper, besides me. I feel safe in a diaper and knows it will deal with my settings, so I don't exercise the same level of control anymore but rely on my diaper being able to deal with my output.

It may well be that by putting on diapers, and even soaking in, as soon as the bladder pressure is there, the body, the psyche, and also the bladder get used to it, and it becomes more and more difficult to hold it back. I notice with myself, if I have not put on diapers during the day, and the bubble pressure builds up, that it is then really painful. If I do not rush to the bathroom, it will be unbearable. With diapers it is not a problem, then I wet them when the pressure rises, and I have no problems.

But the strange thing is at night, when I sleep without diapers, then I often have to get up twice and empty the bladder. But when I sleep with diapers, then I wake up by the bladder pressure not at night, but only in the morning. This is really unusual ... I wet but then not in the diapers, but I take off, and then I go to the bathroom normal. But I always put only cloth diapers and the PVC pants with snaps on. The diapers are then only damp in the morning by the sweat, and can be tightened again after drying the next evening. But with Inko-slips, that might only work twice, then the glue seals will not hold anymore and they will not work anymore.

It would certainly be possible to use medications to make urine production less at night, but I do not take it for fear of side effects, and perhaps intolerance. Since diapers are much more pleasant. But maybe I will soon wet my nappies in my sleep without noticing, and then I'll always wear them, whether I want it or not.

Maybe that's also the reason for me, because I used to need diapers day and night as a kid, so that as I grow older I get back to the same problems I've had before.

I started out wearing only for ibs, but over time my bladder got used to diapers and now I can't hold anything.

Reactions: windelboy4, alwayz and emp711
My IC issues have also grown worse over time since I had to wear 24/7, I now have very little control and am wet most of the time even when I can make it to the bathroom I simply use my diaper to pee since its wet already whats the difference and a fresh diaper will not be dry long.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, alwayz and ChristianDiaperLover
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back