Diapers and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
It's really sad that people say they don't know diapers are flammable since every package has a warning on it stating diapers are flammable just like other articles of clothing.
Baby diapers have the same warning too.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Awesome! Fancy doing a few tests myself.
However they didn't test the fire when they are wet.
More flammable the thinner they are.
We've said may time before on here. The thicker the better. Right?

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I remember some test on brainiac or something where they set fire to a caravan with a dummy in it wearing adult diapers :p

but yeah, it's pretty obvious these things burn (quickly), it's full of flamable things (plastic, chemically altered pulp stuffs,...) on the other hand, the guy in this film would have been able to take off the diaper in time before it led to his death, he probably got some sort of stroke before his clothes cought fire.

Role
  1. Private
BREAKING NEWS: Teen diaper fetishists find new method of disposing of soiled diapers.

In other news, some parents are wondering why their teenage children want the fireplace on in Summer. Fears of an increase of pyromania.

Mauiman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
After looking at a bag that is for the Tranquility ATN's that I wear I have seen no warning about flammability but warnings of suffocation from the bag.

After looking at a bag that is for the Goodnites Underpants for boys it reads:
CAUTION:
Choaking may result from anything children put into their mouths. To avoid risk of choking, do not allow your child to tear the underpant. Discard any torn or unsealed pant. Like most articles of clothing, disposable underpants burn if exposed to flames. Always keep your child away from any source of flame. To avoid suffocation, keep plastic bags away from children.

And one more thing.. I light fireworks while wearing diapers and I am still around and unburnt. But it IS a good thing to know.

Thanks for posting this video which will help go to teach me as well as every body else around here to BE MORE CAREFUL.. Safety is something that never should be taken lightly.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
If you wanna play with fire, make sure you're wet first.

Good luck with trying to 'dispose' of used diapers with fire.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't know how anyone could think they are flame resistant I have seen wet ones burn pretty well even :)

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
BREAKING NEWS: Teen diaper fetishists find new method of disposing of soiled diapers.

In other news, some parents are wondering why their teenage children want the fireplace on in Summer. Fears of an increase of pyromania.

I thought about it ...

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Oh... thanks to whomever fixed my terrible spelling error. That was really annoying the piss out of me... luckily my Bambinos handled that.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Since they were concluded to be more fire resistant, this is another reason why thicker diapers are better!

While a tragic incident, it's totally idiotic that the relatives added the company who made the (underwear like product; not diaper) to their lawsuit. So few people take personal responsibility anymore for their actions, which are beyond the control of a diaper manufacturer!

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
my sister's [trad] diaper caught fire when she was a baby (from lying too close to the fire). i laugh every time the story's told :D

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Diapers and Fire, two of my favorite things. I actually tried to dispose of a wet one with flame before. Gotta say that the gel doesn't burn so well, but I guess everything else on it does.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I tossed a used diaper in the fire place before and it took forever to burn.. I took pics and if I can find them I'll post them.... They looked really cool. I surprised that they are not suing the tobacco company...

Heven

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
...and maybe the company that made the walker for good measure. If not for that walker, he probably would have had a hard time getting to the deck to smoke. For that matter, if that deck hadn't been there, he wouldn't have been able to be there in the first place! Quick, let's sue the builders, too!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So... who do we have to sue for making fire hot? I've got a major bone to pick with that guy!

I believe certain things fall under the "common sense law".

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
I think as a society we're close to the point where common sense is strictly a luxury.

Also, water does not burn. Whatever is dry will. I'm perfectly aware you can set fire to a diaper, but the wet gel/fluff will not burn. Several hours exposed to flames might evaporate the moisture enough to, but on their own, will not burn. Thank you and good night.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Also, water does not burn.
you put your hand boiling water and then say it doesn't burn :biggrin:

one thing i do know burning dispies: mega-pong ;)
i'm glad i don't experiment with them, anymore.

S

secretdl26

Good thing I don't smoke a cigar when I wear, although that would be an interesting if not dangerous combination.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
If you don't normally set your regular clothes on fire, I think you'll be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.