Diapers and Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucky129

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
This was my first full summer in diapers and the heat was horrible. I can't wait for winter. I also have been having a super hard time exercising. No more going to the gym because you cant hide a diaper in spandex. At home it is so uncomfortable to work out in a diaper too. I have peed all over my Bowflex and treadmill too much to the point I have given up. What do others do?

we could revisit the 'pee in the pool' thread and get on with water aerobics...

nothing gives you as good of an all-body, low-impact, keep-cool workout like running laps in a pool.

The times that I have gone to the gym in a diaper, I have used some vasoline to reduce chafing, and worn them under a longer shirt and some basketball shorts and it has worked pretty well for me. I did have a little problem with the diaper peeking over the waistband of my shorts, but that is mitigated by wearing some underwear over the top of it and/or by tying my drawstring very snug. I have done 30 min of exercise on the step mill and a pretty intense weight lifting routine without any issues.

Against my better judgement, I went on a three-mile hike in GoodNites a couple of nights ago. (I've found that I can actually use the new-ish dual-leakguard version without leaking--if I'm careful. Woot!) Anyway, to my surprise, it wasn't bad at all. On the contrary, in fact; I enjoyed the sensation of padded-ness and there was no chafing of any kind. Out of lingering concern that I might leak, I didn't actually use my padding until shortly after the hike, and it held just fine. I'm now looking forward to the next diapered exercise experiment.

Cloth is the best!!!

You can hide a diaper under a onesie or compression shorts. You will have to wear something other than spandex for pants. I use martial arts pants myself and it works pretty well.

Sweat is definitely an issue. Maybe thinner diapers just for gym time?

My most common form of exercise is walking. Most disposables aren't really good for that, so it's easy to talk myself out of a walk if I'm not careful. Depends Protection with Tabs are my go to diaper for a good walk. They feel like they're more prone to clumping than they were the last time they were plastic backed but they still make it easy to walk for over an hour without chafing.

For heavy exercise sometimes a cheapy pull on can be best. I don't personally have any problem with ABU Vintage on the crosstrainer but that's at home.

Chucky129 said:
This was my first full summer in diapers and the heat was horrible. I can't wait for winter. I also have been having a super hard time exercising. No more going to the gym because you cant hide a diaper in spandex. At home it is so uncomfortable to work out in a diaper too. I have peed all over my Bowflex and treadmill too much to the point I have given up. What do others do?

You actually get used to it, but it does take a couple of years. I usually work out in just my diaper and long gym shorts or sweat pants (depending on the time of year). I also wear a onesie, so I don't have to worry about accidentally exposing my diaper. The onesie also helps some to reduce the crinkle noise.

Last winter I was going through physical regab. My therapist was holding my hips at one point as I did squats. The diaper crinkle was totally obvious to me. And yet my therapist had no idea until later on when I mentioned it to her. (She wanted to lift my shirt for placing some electrodes, but couldn't, I explained it was a onesie for covering my diaper, to which she said she hadn't even noticed).

Long story short people really, really, do not notice. Wear a diaper to the gym like you need to.

I definitely second the pool, as someone with spinal issues, it's often the only thing I can actually do. When I could still get full use of a gym membership, I usually used a pull-up, but I actually think Bambino Magnificos would probably do pretty well in that, better capacity and their taping system I think could stand up to some pretty vigorous activity. Bit pricey though.

I also second that nobody notices, you'll be way more aware than anyone else. Tape integrity was usually my big problem at the gym.

Chamois butter, this is all I'm going to say.

What a gloriously odd but comforting feeling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Chucky129 said:

I wear a diaper to the gym. I will typically wear a thinner diaper or pull up while working out and I make sure to wear compression shorts over them. I have never had anyone notice. I just don't care. I am there to be healthy like everyone else. Then I go to the locker room and shower and change in to my daytime diaper. Get dressed and go to work. I am sure people have seen me in a diaper in the locker room, but I honestly do not care. Best advice is wear the protection you need. pull ups are great because if you only wear for an hour they are not likely to leak.

Best of luck....

dd1983 said:
I wear a diaper to the gym. I will typically wear a thinner diaper or pull up while working out and I make sure to wear compression shorts over them. I have never had anyone notice. I just don't care. I am there to be healthy like everyone else. Then I go to the locker room and shower and change in to my daytime diaper. Get dressed and go to work. I am sure people have seen me in a diaper in the locker room, but I honestly do not care. Best advice is wear the protection you need. pull ups are great because if you only wear for an hour they are not likely to leak.

Best of luck....

When I go to therapy I usually put on a attends with waist band plastic backed diaper since therapy is only for about a hour or so they have not yet failed me when I have ever needed to go to therapy sessions. I just get myself back home shower and dry off and place my regular diaper back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back