Diapers and Coffee... do they mix??

dltyty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I am not sure if this is a common thing or not, but when I drink coffee my pee tends to smell a lot like coffee, and has a strong odor to it. So when I am padded at work after drinking coffee I am hesitant to use the diaper knowing how much its going to stink. So I try to get a few wettings out before switching to diaper use, but it still makes me nervous. If I can smell it, I am sure others can too...

Is this a common problem?? Is this something other diaper wearers deal with, or is it a none issue that I am just having an issue with in my own head??

I know some people are die hard coffee drinkers and diaper or no diaper will stop them, but I can drink other things and try to limit coffee to begin with...

Reactions: Adrian697DL
It's certainly not just you. Coffee has a strong smell and it moves through the body. Most of my friends don't seem to drink it much when they're diapered. I'm not sure if that's personal inclination or a diaper-based decision. I never picked up the habit.

Reactions: dltyty
I also have 'coffee pee' . It's a lot more noticeable in diapers than in the potty .
If I drink a LOT of coffee, the smell would give way I am wearing diapers to anyone who is around .

I personally rather enjoy the smell of my diapers after I've had coffee.

Reactions: legojoker88, Seasonedcitizen, nou2019 and 2 others
For the most part I am fine if I don't move around, but once I am up and then sit back down, I get that "diaper poof" and a big burst of smelly coffee pee air shoots out. I personally don't find the smell too awful, unless its in a diaper that has a smell to it, then its a gross mix. But I just feel like other people could certainly smell it, so I am way more self conscious of it.

KitsuneFox said:
I also have 'coffee pee' . It's a lot more noticeable in diapers than in the potty .
If I drink a LOT of coffee, the smell would give way I am wearing diapers to anyone who is around .
same here, but ehh i have to wear and without coffee i am a jerk in the mornings.

Reactions: nou2019
I drink coffee from 4 til 11am. Never had any issues of it smelling. I drink plenty of water during that time as well so that may helps.

Reactions: legojoker88
I don’t notice the coffee smell until I change. But then, yeah :)

I wonder if anyone's ever raised concern over diapers and asparagus, LOL... 😦

Reactions: Deleted member 47370, dltyty, RebeliousBrat and 2 others
dltyty420 said:
I am not sure if this is a common thing or not, but when I drink coffee my pee tends to smell a lot like coffee, and has a strong odor to it. So when I am padded at work after drinking coffee I am hesitant to use the diaper knowing how much its going to stink. So I try to get a few wettings out before switching to diaper use, but it still makes me nervous. If I can smell it, I am sure others can too...

Is this a common problem?? Is this something other diaper wearers deal with, or is it a none issue that I am just having an issue with in my own head??

I know some people are die hard coffee drinkers and diaper or no diaper will stop them, but I can drink other things and try to limit coffee to begin with...
I haven't noticed a particular problem with smell. I do tend to find that coffee makes me need to pee a lot and there are occasions when I've been grateful for the fact that I've been wearing protection. Tomorrow I'm on a course in a place where coffee flows freely but toilet facilities are fairly limited so I'll definetly be diapered!

It definitely makes for a smelly diaper, but I don’t find it to be an issue as far as it being bad enough that someone else can smell it. That is unless I’m pretty dehydrated and/or I drink alooottttt of coffee, then it definitely gets bad enough that someone else would be able to smell it

Personally I sometimes plan diaper wearing around morning coffee as the urge to pee hits suddenly. I don't mind the smell of a coffee diaper - certainly better than many potential smells!

Reactions: legojoker88, dltyty and BobbiSueEllen
Wear a strong after shave lotion.

Omg yes whenever I drink coffee my pee smells like it! I thought I was crazy lmfao. That’s part of the reason I’m hesitant to use diapers. I drink waaaaaaay too much coffee all day 🤣.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I share this concern

Reactions: dltyty and BobbiSueEllen
I used to work in a nursing home, and they made the coffee very weak. I also heard a rumor the reason they use only decaffeinated coffee was to reduce the smell, not because the residents couldn't have it. Can anyone confirm this?
But, yes, my coffee diapers smell awful. If I plan to "play" after some wettings, I make certain coffee is out of my system.

I'm an espresso drinker, but I haven't noticed much of an impact on my pee. Not smell-wise, anyway.

On the other hand, if I drink a little more than my usual amount, it does bring an urgency to poop, so I guess there's still a net impact on air quality. So far, no coffee-accelerated diaper messes to speak of, though.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
I'm an espresso drinker, but I haven't noticed much of an impact on my pee. Not smell-wise, anyway.

On the other hand, if I drink a little more than my usual amount, it does bring an urgency to poop, so I guess there's still a net impact on air quality. So far, no coffee-accelerated diaper messes to speak of, though.
thats because caffiene is a natural laxative, too much will make you irregular.

dltyty420 said:

I too have the coffee pee smell. It's odd. Why does that happen! Even when I drink tons of water to make it less.

Reactions: dltyty and LilxFawn
BobbiSueEllen said:
I don't eat my veggies yuck

Back