Diapering / Changing On Vacation

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So I have a guys out of state hunting trip coming up in a few weeks. I will be staying with a few others in a cabin and need to wear a diaper at night or worse yet, have a wet bed in front of friends.
I’ve been thinking it through and I will hide one in my night clothes stack on way to bathroom and put one on under my pants, remove in bathroom in AM but, hiding it from there could be a challenge. I can only fit so many in my dirty clothes stash.
I’ll probably figure out some way to discreetly dispose of them. I just wear guards during the day so I can deal with that easier. They fit in a pocket.
Any tips got getting your products to and from the restroom and or trash in a sneaky let me know.
I prefer they don’t find out at this point.

Reactions: sport1 and jonny77

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
You could bring a towel into the bathroom, and hide your diaper under the towel going out. I had to do that because our bathroom was just an outhouse, with no front door facing the lake!

Reactions: Edgewater and jonny77

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Yea I guess I’m overthinking it as usual. Just put it in towel or clothes coming/going

Reactions: Edgewater and slimjiminy

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Taking a morning shower every day would be ideal,

When you're done, Throw your diaper into a diaper disposal bag,

and simply carry it with all your dirty laundry as you exit the bathroom.

Disposal on the other hand, is tricky...

You'll need to scout possible disposal locations upon arrival,

and plan on disposing at least once every two days,

(However once per day is recommended to avoid smells, and or discovery.)

OR...You could go for a morning walk and remove your diaper while behind cover,

and then immediately dispose of it...and then shower when you get back from your walk...

✨The important thing here, is to have the courage to spend time with your friends✨

EVEN THOUGH you need diapers at night and pads during the day....

Not getting caught with a wet diaper is secondary, because true friends will accept you anyways.♥️

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, Js413blue and iatec779

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
diapeybabybrian said:
Taking a morning shower every day would be ideal,

When you're done, Throw your diaper into a diaper disposal bag,

and simply carry it with all your dirty laundry as you exit the bathroom.

Disposal on the other hand, is tricky...

You'll need to scout possible disposal locations upon arrival,

and plan on disposing at least once every two days,

(However once per day is recommended to avoid smells, and or discovery.)

OR...You could go for a morning walk and remove your diaper while behind cover,

and then immediately dispose of it...and then shower when you get back from your walk...

✨The important thing here, is to have the courage to spend time with your friends✨

EVEN THOUGH you need diapers at night and pads during the day....

Not getting caught with a wet diaper is secondary, because true friends will accept you anyways.♥️
Kind words Brian thank you for that!
I’ve kind of thought out thst exact scenerio. I can hide it and go change in evening. In AM when I shower everyday I’ll remove it and put it in my dirty clothes. Bring some small bags or something to wrap in and just hide in my dirty laundry until an opportunity to dispose presents itself.
It probably won’t be a big deal just trying to plan it out ahead.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and diapeybabybrian

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Reactions: Edgewater

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Thanks I’ll look into those!

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was going to recommend taking some BOS diaper disposal bags (size L), also available from Amazon, as they truly block the oder.

Take a backpack to hold your shower/shave kit, meds, diapers, guards, diaper disposal bags, pajamas.
In the evening, take the backpack to the bathroom to get ready for bed. Everything you need is in the backpack. Put the used guard into a diaper disposal bag.
In the morning, take the backpack to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Dispose of the used diaper in the same bag with the used guard and make sure the bag is easy to remove when you put it in the backpack.
Only thing you're carrying are clothes and a backpack.

Reactions: Edgewater and EcoIncon

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Thanks Cheshire, the backpack is a good idea as well. Especially if I put all my bathroom stuff in it. No one think twice. Think I will setup something like that.

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Being that you’re wearing due to a physical need would letting your friends know be out of the question? I’ve been letting some friends know that I have to wear 24/7 due to dual ic and their response has been surprisingly positive. There most likely will be some that don’t handle it well but I would hope they would be in the minority. Good luck on your hunt.

Reactions: Edgewater, AlbertPotato, PullupAndy and 1 other person

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Zeke said:
Being that you’re wearing due to a physical need would letting your friends know be out of the question? I’ve been letting some friends know that I have to wear 24/7 due to dual ic and their response has been surprisingly positive. There most likely will be some that don’t handle it well but I would hope they would be in the minority. Good luck on your hunt.

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Thanks for the response Zeke, honestly not sure I’m ready to do that yet. It’s been recent that my issues have progressed, I’m awaiting a urologist appt so hoping I can regain some control in the future. If I can’t someday, im sure my close friends will be understanding if it comes to that.
Im an outdoors kind of person and had this trip planned for some time so as nervous as i am, I’m still going with more incontinence that usual, it would be a year or more before having the opportunity again so with the support of my wife, I’ve decided one way or another I’m going to brave it. I’ve never had the opportunity to go on this particular adventure and it’s been many years wanting to try it.
If something comes out on the trip, guess I’ll explain it then before cancelling this opportunity.

I was mortified anyone finding out when I used to wet the bed in my 20s. It subsided but now that it’s back in my 40s, married, kids etc. for whatever reason, probably my wife’s support, I’ve accepted it and wearing protection is easier than years ago.
I can’t let it stop me from doing what I love to do.

hbic60

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
iatec779 said:
If something comes out on the trip, guess I’ll explain it then before cancelling this opportunity.

I was mortified anyone finding out when I used to wet the bed in my 20s. It subsided but now that it’s back in my 40s, married, kids etc. for whatever reason, probably my wife’s support, I’ve accepted it and wearing protection is easier than years ago.
... and that's something which is hard to understand for me - you have medical issues, wearing and using protection is not your choice, not a kink or a fetish - why trying desperately to hide and not simply talk to your friends? I'm sure you would do that if you had for example other trouble with your health like pain in your back, constant headaches, hearing or seeing bad... Now you have trouble with your bladder, you are wearing proper, discreet protection so you can still do what you love to do without limitation and without blocking any outdoor activities. It would make your trip so much easier and enjoyable if you would simply tell and won't have to hide!
It's so important to overwhelm the shame people have being incontinent - it's simply a medical condition you cannot influence and which even can be mostly handled in a proper, discreet way without bothering anyone else. Of course I don't tell anyone if there is no need to do, but otherwise I don't make a secret out of it!

• Love

Str88jacketabdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I would make a little routine. Shower before bed. Have a small duffle with your shower stuff and a diaper in it. And play it off as if it’s normal.

Reactions: Edgewater and iatec779

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
iatec779 said:
Thanks for the response Zeke, honestly not sure I’m ready to do that yet. It’s been recent that my issues have progressed, I’m awaiting a urologist appt so hoping I can regain some control in the future. If I can’t someday, im sure my close friends will be understanding if it comes to that.
Im an outdoors kind of person and had this trip planned for some time so as nervous as i am, I’m still going with more incontinence that usual, it would be a year or more before having the opportunity again so with the support of my wife, I’ve decided one way or another I’m going to brave it. I’ve never had the opportunity to go on this particular adventure and it’s been many years wanting to try it.

I can understand your waiting if you haven’t had your urologist appointment yet. No reason to reveal your medical situation if it may be temporary. Hopefully you won’t let your anxiety about wearing and changing affect the time you have hunting with these friends.

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
@hbic60 There is a big difference between not revealing an issue and hiding an issue.

Not revealing means it's no one else's business. If one of the guys were to find out AND ASK, a short, reasonable answer can be given. If teasing were to ensue, it is easy to own it, or put the person in their place if the teasing is cruel. Of course this requires having an answer at the ready.

Hiding means not going on the trip. Period. Do everything possible to ensure that the other guys will never know.

@iatec779 Get ready for a great trip. Prepare for contingencies (overpack a bit). Have a fun retort or a stern reply at the ready. Have fun!

FYI... I had testicular cancer and an orchiectomy at 60. Yes, it surprised me and yes, I got some snarky comments. My fun retort is, "I have no hesitation betting my left nut, because I've got nothing to lose!"

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater and joemama

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Thanks guys, as far as telling them, if it comes out then that’s fine, it won’t be a big deal. I’m just choosing to not tell more people than I need to at this time.
If they find out somehow by seeing my stuff and I get some crap as guys do to each other, I would expect no less from them lol. That’s what good friends do (at least mine) but of course I know they would be supportive after the fact.
Got a few weeks left yet till I leave, plenty of time to get things all lined up. (Protection probably the easiest part to prep)
It’s the 1st time I’m going out of town with the guys needing pads/diapers so I’m just overthinking it as usual. Guess since it not just me and the wife makes it little more nerve wracking.
If I were fully incontinent, I think it would be a harder decision to go or not. I feel for those who are full diaper all day. Guess you just learn to adapt and overcome as I been doing with mine.
Have a good weekend all!

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
iatec779 said:
...It’s the 1st time I’m going out of town with the guys needing pads/diapers so I’m just overthinking it as usual. Guess since it not just me and the wife makes it little more nerve wracking.
I totally get how you feel. I went on a similar trip a year ago and was equally anxious at the time. But I went knowing I wanted to go and that I wasn't going to allow IC to get in the way of a getaway that was reasonable to attend. It was for me, an exercise to prove that I could do it, no matter what may happen or be revealed. It was great fun with minor private problems, many lessons for the next time and no regrets.

Enjoy your trip!

EcoIncon

Cloth diaper anyone?
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
iatec779 said:
Thanks guys, as far as telling them, if it comes out then that’s fine, it won’t be a big deal. I’m just choosing to not tell more people than I need to at this time.
If they find out somehow by seeing my stuff and I get some crap as guys do to each other, I would expect no less from them lol. That’s what good friends do (at least mine) but of course I know they would be supportive after the fact.
Got a few weeks left yet till I leave, plenty of time to get things all lined up. (Protection probably the easiest part to prep)
It’s the 1st time I’m going out of town with the guys needing pads/diapers so I’m just overthinking it as usual. Guess since it not just me and the wife makes it little more nerve wracking.
If I were fully incontinent, I think it would be a harder decision to go or not. I feel for those who are full diaper all day. Guess you just learn to adapt and overcome as I been doing with mine.
Have a good weekend all!
Great attitude. I've been incontinent for a long time and known for 10 years or more that there isn't anything that will completely fix it. I still don't tell more people than need to know. Yes, some of my close friends find out on trips to Europe or camping trips or for whatever reason. Everyone of them has taken it well. I will say that very few have given me crap about it at all... I've actually taken it as a great sign when someone does because for them and me it seems to normalize it.

Have a great trip. What are you going to shoot?

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
EcoIncon said:
Great attitude. I've been incontinent for a long time and known for 10 years or more that there isn't anything that will completely fix it. I still don't tell more people than need to know. Yes, some of my close friends find out on trips to Europe or camping trips or for whatever reason. Everyone of them has taken it well. I will say that very few have given me crap about it at all... I've actually taken it as a great sign when someone does because for them and me it seems to normalize it.

Have a great trip. What are you going to shoot?
Heading south to hunt Ferel hogs. I’ve never done it before and know some guys that come north to Deer hunt so they return the favor basically.
Were hunting after dark with thermal optics.
They destroy farmland in the south and are quite the problem. It’s kind of like coyotes after livestock up north, prairie dogs in South Dakota etc.