Diapered “up” or “down” for baby boy

Diaper4411

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Hey everyone,

im interested to hear if the penis up or down position in the diaper is better for baby boys and why? What are pros and cons of each?

MetalDan86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
My general rule of thumb: If sitting/standing point up. Sleeping point down.

The pro is the reduced chance of leaks, but the size and position of padding up front and wicking of the diaper itself could have some influence. My major issue is with diapers that don’t disperse wetness evenly, something that may be less a problem with cloth.

Reactions: Jrodabdl and GalaxyModz

toddler

I love wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Diaper4411 said:
Hey everyone,

im interested to hear if the penis up or down position in the diaper is better for baby boys and why? What are pros and cons of each?
The is better for baby boys is down postiton. It makes it easier for the urine to soak into the cloth nappy.

Last edited:
Reactions: siysiy

LinkDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
put it in the down position, that way you avoid leaks in the diaper, obviously depending on how good the diaper is it will absorb more

Diaper4411

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Thanks for feedback! I’m wondering if there is anyone out there that gets diapered in the “up” position, what does that feel like and if they have a preference

i also realize people who are relying on others to change them may not have a choice and I’m curious as to their feedback on up vs down

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I always point up 1st to fully saturate the top portion of the padding. It's pretty nice to wet up there and then point myself down when it's all nice and saturated up there. Sometimes I even put Luvs size 6s up there to make it even thicker than before. I can spend hours pointed up till I can point down again. By that time, I can be near capacity without knowing it.

Reactions: MetalDan86

Ashton84

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
When I’m changed by someone else I’m mostly diapered up if I have an erection. If not, whatever way it’s pointing at the time. Both ways work fine for me. Same when I change myself.

toddler

I love wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Diaper4411 said:
Thanks for feedback! I’m wondering if there is anyone out there that gets diapered in the “up” position, what does that feel like and if they have a preference

i also realize people who are relying on others to change them may not have a choice and I’m curious as to their feedback on up vs down
Because of my disability I rely on people to change me. I have three support workers who changed my dry/ wet cloth nappies. I prefer my penis to be pointing downwards.

ArgentBuffalo

Thriving in Huggies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
At change time, I try to point myself down straight into the core of the diaper, as I find it helps with leaks. I don't mind if the upper front of the diaper stays dry most of the time.

Reactions: LUV, wowser81 and toddler

SoCalSwitch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I always start in the up direction. I also make sure to create a “V-fold” in the front so “it” has a little pouch to rest in. I’m sitting/standing a lot of the time so even when I do wet in the front, gravity takes over and it ends up in the middle.

I’d say leg gaps are the biggest source of leaks in a diaper.

Reactions: nightfox320, Jrodabdl, Fleetwoodmac32192 and 1 other person

Mickey

Waddling Mouse w/ASD
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I don't know about ya'll but there are three positions, up down and forward. Mine can only be forward or a little bit down but it hurts if too far up or down. I find it annoying as the stream can get blocked by the padding. But if I can get it down a little into the diaper then there is less stream restriction or flowback.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Diaper4411 said:

When my wife diapers me she always reaches in and puts my little friend in the up position. Same when I diaper myself. It's how I like it. I get a better sensation from the underside. I tried the down position and it just doesn't feel comfortable.
I should also state that I'm circumcised and the frenulum is always exposed and very sensitive. The diaper laying against, passing over or rubbing on the frenulum is always super arousing.
Read this⬇️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221129-211707_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221129-211707_Chrome.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

ChrisK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Down. Always down. I would get soaked otherwise. Plus turning it down feels like I'm tucking which arouses a fem side 😛

Reactions: TeddyUrsadorable, wowser81 and Jorelaxed

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I agree that pointing down will help stop leaks, but I always point up as pointing down is uncomfortable for me.

Stargazer93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I can't win either way. If I point up, then it always falls down. But then if its down, then as it gets hard it bends and hurts so bad. And its just stays there. At least while wearing panties, it somehow finds it way back up into a comfortable position. But with a diaper, I've never been fully comfortable unfortunately. During the day its doable, but sleeping is tough because of the morning wood situation. Oh well. 🤷‍♂️

Bryle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Always down because if it’s pointed up they will pee right out the top. Sometimes even if u point it down they will put there hand in there diaper and play with it and it ends up pointing up and then I get a mess especially if they sleep on there stomach.

Chimera

watch out for my grabby paws!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
It really depends on the circumstances. If you're currently standing or sitting down, then pointing up or down doesn't matter. You'll likely be fine either way. However, if you're laying down, you definitely want to be pointing it down... or your pee will leak out the sides of the diaper or through the top.

Source: I'm a male littlefur

Reactions: nightfox320, Jrodabdl and Cottontail

pampers4U

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm a down guy also, as my wife says.. we dont want leaky's on my belly

Reactions: Jrodabdl

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Chimera said:
It really depends on the circumstances. If you're currently standing or sitting down, then pointing up or down doesn't matter. You'll likely be fine either way. However, if you're laying down, you definitely want to be pointing it down... or your pee will leak out the sides of the diaper or through the top.
That's been my experience as well. I'm much more comfortable pointing up, and have had no trouble with it during the day when I'm standing or sitting. Cloth diapers, especially with pull-on plastic pants, are also very forgiving in this regard. The most troublesome scenario is sleeping in a disposable diaper. In that case, down is essential, as the leak guards don't usually seal well against one's belly, and the waistline elastic on most disposables is also iffy at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chimera and MetalDan86

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Bryle said:
Always down because if it’s pointed up they will pee right out the top. Sometimes even if u point it down they will put there hand in there diaper and play with it and it ends up pointing up and then I get a mess especially if they sleep on there stomach.
There are diapers that have higher rises so you can point up. Just look at your correct size and see what properly fits you. You should be able to point up for a while when you 1st put it on if it's a good diaper.

You can on the other hand is get some sort of stuffer or booster, fold it in half, and point up straight into that. You can then tape your regular diaper up as usual and point down when the top can't hold no more. I've found Luvs size 6 diapers the best for this as they have a scent that the other baby diapers don't have.

Another idea you can look into is to try going up a size. What I found out about wearing a size larger than what my waist calls for is I can tape it tightly and make it just as snug as a medium diaper, but now I have a higher rise in the front & back. So now with the extra room that goes along with it, I can add stuffers if I want and make it really poofy.

Reactions: MetalDan86