Diapered at Disneyland: Advice?

Consul

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I may possibly be going down to Disneyland this year or next, and am considering bringing diapers along.

I've been to Disneyland several times before, but never with diapers or anything ABDL. This would be the first time I would like to incorporate my "little" side a bit more, since it may just be me and my partner.

I realize there have been a few posts on this before (and I have been reading them!), but was hoping to get some guidance on some questions I had about diapering at Disneyland (or any amusement park).
  • It gets warm in California, so I usually wear shorts when I'm there. "Premium" diapers from Tykables, ABU, etc. tend to be bulky. Is it even possible to hide the bulge under shorts? Are there certain shorts that work better? I was thinking Goodnites pull-ups might be preferable to hide bulge, but obviously they don't work as well for their intended use. I don't want it to be obvious I'm wearing a diaper.
  • Given the heat, I also imagine it can get uncomfortable wearing a thick diaper for a long time. Are there strategies you can use to mitigate that? I've heard using a lubricant can help... any thoughts?
  • For those who have gone, do you have any other tips on enhancing the trip for ABDLs and Littles? Are there any fun stores for ABDLs in the Anaheim area I should know about?
Thanks for any advice you can give!

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
Consul said:
I may possibly be going down to Disneyland this year or next, and am considering bringing diapers along.

I've been to Disneyland several times before, but never with diapers or anything ABDL. This would be the first time I would like to incorporate my "little" side a bit more, since it may just be me and my partner.

I realize there have been a few posts on this before (and I have been reading them!), but was hoping to get some guidance on some questions I had about diapering at Disneyland (or any amusement park).
  • It gets warm in California, so I usually wear shorts when I'm there. "Premium" diapers from Tykables, ABU, etc. tend to be bulky. Is it even possible to hide the bulge under shorts? Are there certain shorts that work better? I was thinking Goodnites pull-ups might be preferable to hide bulge, but obviously they don't work as well for their intended use. I don't want it to be obvious I'm wearing a diaper.
  • Given the heat, I also imagine it can get uncomfortable wearing a thick diaper for a long time. Are there strategies you can use to mitigate that? I've heard using a lubricant can help... any thoughts?
  • For those who have gone, do you have any other tips on enhancing the trip for ABDLs and Littles? Are there any fun stores for ABDLs in the Anaheim area I should know about?
Thanks for any advice you can give!
1 they are very strict about bags and searching them they don’t care about what your underwear choices are they want to know if there is anything dangerous on u that they should be worried about 2 drink water lots of it 3 be ready to walk a lot 4 if u are going to change know where the family restrooms are and use them to change 5 bring a changing mat because there changing tables are dirty and ment for kids 6 have fun

Reactions: Angelapinks
The best discretion in my opinion is an untucked shirt.

Reactions: Pika123, anton, Jorelaxed and 5 others
Frungie said:
The best discretion in my opinion is an untucked shirt.
It’s so crazy how a tucked shirt seems like it would hide things better. It’s why I don’t wear at work. Being in the army I tuck in my undershirt and I’m a mechanic. A lot bending and reaching. One wrong move and everyone at work knows I wear Goodnites. So I don’t mess around.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Went to Disneyland in the summer one time. It was awesome. Much cooler weather than Disney World. That’s cause of SoCal has fantastic weather. You may not have any discomfort from the heat.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Just wear a plain onesie under the shirt and you'll never worry about bending over again
I12BLittle89 said:
It’s so crazy how a tucked shirt seems like it would hide things better. It’s why I don’t wear at work. Being in the army I tuck in my undershirt and I’m a mechanic. A lot bending and reaching. One wrong move and everyone at work knows I wear Goodnites. So I don’t mess around.

Lilrae said:
Just wear a plain onesie under the shirt and you'll never worry about bending over again
I found a onesie online being promoted by Air Force guys that matched the uniform brown undershirt but I’m not that hardcore.

Reactions: thedlguy
Biggest issue is going to be the heat & sweating. Plastic diapers arnt exactly known for breathing well.
Lots of powder & frequent changes should help.
No one is looking at your crotch everyone else is focused on them selves & the sights.
Wear a long shirt.
dispose of diapers in a plastic bag before throwing it away.
If you can go during the low seasons. Try and pick a cooler weather time to go.
You don't want to be standing in a line in 98 degree heat wishing your diaper area could breathe

I12BLittle89 said:
I was a tank mechanic on the M1A1 Abrams and ALWAYS wore the zip-up" "jump suit" (I don't know what the hell the right name is) but the military has and issues a one piece outfit for mechanics....LOOK INTO IT! If nothing else, you have a hell of a lot LESS scrubbing to do while showering plus it will conceal all but the most ridiculous of diapers. I'd still be VERY CAUTIOUS of wearing while serving though as that's a quick medical discharge. Imagine you (or more likely someone else) fucks up and you wind up physically debilitated. That diaper will be discovered and WILL cause you a LOT of problems! I mainly wore when I was out in the field, often alone with my M113 "tool track" fixing tanks broke down on the range or on any of the tank trails they trained on all of the time. The odds of my being discovered were LOW....but I also worked at a UTES site with a dozen other mechanics on everything from wheeled vehicles to every kind of track the ARMY had despite being a tank mechanic...I was meticulous in my training and work and attended every single school possible as I still, to this day, can NEVER know enough about anything! The schools were great as you were either alone in a WWII style barracks OR had a hotel room to yourself....sleeping in diapers every single night, messing to my hearts' content with only disposal a bit of an art form. I never wore when working indoors at the UTES site...just wasn't worth it although I only worked wearing those one piece suits as they kept everything else clean and I'm positive you know how FILTHY you get after a day doing bearings or other FILTHY work. EVer see a transmission in a tank "grenade" itself into a million little pieces? I have, more than once. After you pull the pack someone has to get in there and wipe up every single bit of MUNG slung everywhere within the engine/transmission bay. I cheated as I'd sneak out a pressure washer and as quickly as possible (usually on lunch breaks) blast off as much as possible....the environmental warrant officers frown on that sort of thing so don't ever do it and get caught!

I can likely impart a lot more knowledge on you...feel free to PM me, just remind me what it is we were talking about! Thanks for your service! I'm a 100% disabled vet but even knowing what I know now I wouldn't have changed a thing....I always wanted to serve in one way or another and being a natural "fighter" the Army was a logical place for me to join although I joined as a grunt (11B) but switched to a tank mechanic after a couple of years as I was a mechanic in "real life" LOL.

Reactions: star and I12BLittle89
Diaper for Disneyland is must. Not just for kids, for adults as well. To avoid leaving a line, diapers are logical step foreward.
Best time for Disneyland in Europe is May or September. Wheather is warm and dry but not hot, sweating is not a big issue.
My first visit to Disneyland in Paris was in April. Rain, rain, rain!!!

Reactions: perlFerret and Lyric
Semi-frequent WDW visitor here (so not Disneyland). Worn a lot more lately, mostly in the cooler months, but can still offer my two-cents since its typically still warm when I go.

I have worn (1) Goodnites, (2) Tena Slip Active Fits, and (3) InControl Essentials on multiple occasions. Notice, each of these have their own level of discretion with the Essentials being the least discrete. I generally had to wear baggier shorts (+1 size up with the Essentials), but didn't really have any awkward interactions or situations outside of coyishly asking for the Aid Stations. The Tenas were by far the most preferred and could hold up for about 6 hours. However, I also enjoyed the slight waddle from the Essentials when they were getting full. This is all just anecdotal.

I carried a backpack with me each time. Out of the 12+ different times I went through security at various WDW parks in the past year, I have only had my bag checked one time. In that one time, security was extremely professional. They rummaged through my bag with intent, but didn't pull each item out more than necessary to see the bottom of the bag. For reference, I carry a large, stainless steel bottle with water, 2 changes, wipes, snacks, and a jacket (for when its rainy or cooler at night). The jacket is also nice since it has a longer tail and creates a swooshing noise when walking around for when you're feeling self conscious.

Changing is a slight challenge as someone who is not absolutely proficient at it standing up, especially in a public stall. I have used the Aid Stations before, but it was a little awkward asking to go in by my self just to use the private rooms. I will not use the accessible stalls or restrooms since I don't need them.

Good luck; have fun!

Reactions: Deleted member 58241
I went to Disneyland in April on a warm week and wore. Truthfully I found wearing goodnites much more comfortable than wearing a diaper due to all the walking, so basically what I did was wear pull-ups all of one day and then the next day I wore pull-ups part of the day then went back to my hotel n changed into a diaper for 5pm ish on. I wore an alphagatorz with Jean shorts and a loose tinkerbell tee and while I do think the front looked a tiny bit bulky I don’t think anyone noticed bc everyone’s so busy anyways. I feel like if I’d have worn diapers the whole trip I’d have gotten chafing or bumps on my upper inner thigh area, but everyone’s got different sensitivity levels.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy
If you poop your diaper, make sure to change yourself as soon as possible.

WeldItUp said:
Semi-frequent WDW visitor here (so not Disneyland). Worn a lot more lately, mostly in the cooler months, but can still offer my two-cents since its typically still warm when I go.

I have worn (1) Goodnites, (2) Tena Slip Active Fits, and (3) InControl Essentials on multiple occasions. Notice, each of these have their own level of discretion with the Essentials being the least discrete. I generally had to wear baggier shorts (+1 size up with the Essentials), but didn't really have any awkward interactions or situations outside of coyishly asking for the Aid Stations. The Tenas were by far the most preferred and could hold up for about 6 hours. However, I also enjoyed the slight waddle from the Essentials when they were getting full. This is all just anecdotal.

I carried a backpack with me each time. Out of the 12+ different times I went through security at various WDW parks in the past year, I have only had my bag checked one time. In that one time, security was extremely professional. They rummaged through my bag with intent, but didn't pull each item out more than necessary to see the bottom of the bag. For reference, I carry a large, stainless steel bottle with water, 2 changes, wipes, snacks, and a jacket (for when its rainy or cooler at night). The jacket is also nice since it has a longer tail and creates a swooshing noise when walking around for when you're feeling self conscious.

Changing is a slight challenge as someone who is not absolutely proficient at it standing up, especially in a public stall. I have used the Aid Stations before, but it was a little awkward asking to go in by my self just to use the private rooms. I will not use the accessible stalls or restrooms since I don't need them.

Good luck; have fun!
Hey I do wdw all the time and I love wearing to the parks want to chat?

bigtoddler96 said:
If you poop your diaper, make sure to change yourself as soon as possible.
don't recommend that in public if you can help it

• Haha
Reactions: bigtoddler96
littrt22 said:
1 they are very strict about bags and searching them they don’t care about what your underwear choices are they want to know if there is anything dangerous on u that they should be worried about 2 drink water lots of it 3 be ready to walk a lot 4 if u are going to change know where the family restrooms are and use them to change 5 bring a changing mat because there changing tables are dirty and ment for kids 6 have fun
If its like in Disney world and you're not ashamed to ask, they usually have better facilities to change yourself in their medical center, and I think they are in the process of upgrading their changing facilities to accomodate special needs childrens and adults, so I wouldn't be surprised sooner or later they will have larger sized changing tables available, the ones in their bathrooms are already much bigger than any changing table I've seen, yet for sure a small adult could fit on there (5ft2 perhaps)

Reactions: Deleted member 58241
PrincessRaccoon said:
don't recommend that in public if you can help it
But what happens if you still need to poop your diaper?

bigtoddler96 said:
But what happens if you still need to poop your diaper?
Then you'll need to go change it with some expediency to be respectful of others around you...

Reactions: chiaochai, PrincessRaccoon and bigtoddler96
This is just me, but I wouldn't worry about doing everything in the book to hide your diaper. Just don't make it obvious. Think about it, you're from out of state, nobody will ever see you again, this is a special time for you, so you should try to take it easy. What I'd do is pack baby powder, just in case you get sweaty. A regular pair of shorts should do you good, just check yourself out in the mirror 1st and see how you look. REMEMBER: this ain't no peeping show, people aren't out to look at your rear end to see if you have a diaper butt, but do be mindful of how poofy your derrière is so you can avoid butt photos.
Wear a good diaper! Don't go with useless pullups. You'll find yourself changing a lot more often than not and that time in line for the bathroom will come at a cost. Wear your best diaper! Check the weather forecast, and dress accordingly. Have a very fun trip!

I wore to Disneyland with my family when i was 16 but i wore medical style tape on diapers as i didn't have abdl ones , mine were diapers brought over from my country which was slightly thinner than those thick abdl ones so it wasn't that bad and the weather was awesome , it was cool , not too hot or cold and im coming from a tropical country . There were bag checks from what i remember but nothing was being said even and i don't even think they cared when i had spare adult diapers in my backpack . When traveling internationally i would just wear 24/7 for the duration of the trip , it is practical however to wear there as i didn't have to leave the lines and i did eventually used my diaper .

Changing is ok as the restrooms are much cleaner than those outside the theme park area , i didn't particularly like how some restrooms in the USA have such wide gaps and people can easily peeked inside , i changed my wet diaper at the airport after arriving as i was a bedwetter and the first time i saw that gap and i thought the door was broken or something but realized all the cubicle doors are the same. It was a bit weird when a few others saw me disposing of my used diaper outside and they were quite puzzled or amused why is a 16 year old still wearing and disposing a diaper.

Anyway back at Disneyland i did use the family restroom to change my diaper and it was much better than any other place , its clean and spacious which makes changing easier. Disposal was easy too as i didn't have to bring it out letting others see me throwing a used diaper at my age thus raising suspicion whether am i wearing or why am i still in diapers. This was quite some time ago and im sure they have since upgraded their facilities and all.

Back