Diapered Airplane Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dentedwheel

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I know this thread has been done before, but it is closed and almost a year old.

I am flying on a short trip in March and I wanted to know if anybody had any up to date experiences with security or even what it was like and if it is worth doing.

Also, has anybody really changed in the bathrooms on the plane? If so, please give some tips and warnings.

Oh yeah, what does a diaper look like on the x-ray machine?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Go ahead and wear a thick diaper... and bring a few changes along, especially if it is going to be a long flight. You have to realise that by now the security screeners have seen everything and a person coming through wearing diapers isn't going to raise any eyebrows. An x-ray machine will see right through your diaper... and there's no metal in a disposable... so no problems there.

Ryan_d

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I wore a cloth with snaps.... I was so worried about going thru the detectors.....

They didn't stop me..... the best thing to do is not worry about it.

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have worn on an aircraft many of time, granted mainly when I'm captain - But heh I still have to pass through security.

Ok, the security I pass through might not be as strict as it is for passengers, but never the less security is still security and searches do happen. I can tell you, based on experience and speaking with the security guys that they really do not care what you are wearing or what you have packed in your hand luggage. They are there to protect and are looking items which are not permitted on board an aircraft, not a bag of diapers!

If you are searched, they will not say a word about your diaper.

Role
Other
Wearing on the plane is fine, and fun...that way you can get a window seat and never have to worry about getting up!

Don't plan to change on the plane though, because most plane's don't have a garbage that will take an adult-sized diaper. So, the key is to have a really good diaper on (and maybe even plastic pants to prevent leaks).

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My next challenge is to change at 5000ft and fly at the same time, now this could be fun :D

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I wear when I'm going to be on a flight for 4+ hours, because I like the window seat and I hate squeezing by people. I just change at the airport when i land. Security doesn't give a damn as long as you aren't putting a gun or a knife or a bomb in your diaper.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I've worn on planes many times. I have never once been searched in security, though my parents did once have their suitcase searched. When they got to the diapers, the TSA person said "do you have family with little kids?" I laughed a bit, as it was not only a completely irrelevant question, but she had no idea that the diapers were actually mine.

Role
Other
My next challenge is to change at 5000ft and fly at the same time, now this could be fun :D
Let me know what flight that is, because I don't want to be on one where you are trying to fly and change your diaper at the same time. That doesn't sound very safe.

I have a cousin that is a pilot, she is also a bit short. We joked about getting her a baby seat from the airlines catalog to use in the cockpit.

baby jester

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
i was watching 60 minutes a long time ago and i heard that the FBI captured a terrorist, sedated him, and diapered him. they then continued to stick him on a plane and fly him back to america for "questioning". other than that story, i havent worn a diaper on a plane, but then again, i dont fly much.

mortega

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It's really painless, I did it recently and nothing happened. I had a full package in my suitcase that I checked though, was wearing one, and had some in my backpack in case I needed a change before I got to my destination, and it went through really smooth, both going there and coming back.
It's no problem at all. Go for it.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
been on a plane round trips 4 times within the last 2 years and 3 were in 08:D:D

i thought about it but since it really wasn't an option no but any trips in the future i will be since my mom knows. those airports buy these 60,000 dollar metal detectors and they can't pick up squat. my mom earrings me a flash drive
metal on my moms pants and belt i mean it's holes were metal (i just became unsure if she was wearing it), plus the keys in my pocket and nothing

but you go to a county prison and their fricken $100 one picks up everything and i mean everything!

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I can see the news headline: "Plane crashes because pilot needed a change at 5,000 ft" :eek:

I've flown diapered once, and passed through security in a diaper twice (I didn't get to fly diapered the second time because shortly before boarding, I went into the restroom to check on my diaper and discovered a small hole in the diaper, so I took it off and flew undiapered). ON the second occasion, I even got patted down, but the security dude kept his cool and continued chatting about some irrelevant stuff (probably the weather).

baseball4life said:
When they got to the diapers, the TSA person said "do you have family with little kids?"
I wonder if it would be permitted to reply with "No, they're for me - they're big diapers! Wanna try one yourself?" :D

Peachy

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I've never ever had any problem with diapers and flying. Security never notices (even the times I've had metal pins). The closest I got was when they were checking my carry on and the woman there just gave me a little smile.

Actually I am a pilot (small planes). Even my wife who doesn't wear diapers concedes that unfolding a diaper and using it in flight is easier than the piddle packs they specifically make for pilot use (at least by women).

Every once and a while the controller doesn't answer when you call. Sometimes he says he's on the "landline" (phone) and sometimes they say they were having a controller change. A common joke is to ask if they use huggies or pampers to the last comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Let me know what flight that is, because I don't want to be on one where you are trying to fly and change your diaper at the same time. That doesn't sound very safe.

I have a cousin that is a pilot, she is also a bit short. We joked about getting her a baby seat from the airlines catalog to use in the cockpit.
A private flight with just me on it, so don't worry! :p

mortega

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I messed myself onboard in my sleep last time I was flying and ended up changing in the bathroom onboard. It wasn't that bad.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
For the most part, security personnel tend to handle issues like this with kid gloves. I would say, sort of like how a funeral director helps a grieving family deal with their choices regarding the deceased. It sounds a little morbid, I know. But these people are confronted with the possibility that they could become disabled themselves, every day.

Honeywell6180

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Funny, well-written, and to do with diapers and flying (exerpt)

F-14 Tomcats Over Afghanistan
by
A Navy Fighter Pilot Piddle Packs has the full story

Had a few scary weeks during the last days of November. Was it the AAA, surface-to-air threat, night tanking, night traps? Nope - we almost ran out of piddle packs. For those of you who have never experienced the 'cheese sandwich,' let me explain. Imagine flying for 8.5 hours - let's say from Boston to LA non-stop - on an airliner with no toilets and 'movement about the cabin' is not only frowned upon, it is prohibited (you can see where I'm going here). When nature calls, the answer is the piddle pack - a small 20-ounce tough plastic bag with a ziploc top, ergonomically designed for cockpit usage, if you get my drift. Well, the word goes out late November that the ship's piddle pack inventory is running dangerously low, a timely re-supply is unlikely and in-flight relief generally needs to slow down, that is unless you were comfortable relieving yourself airborne on yourself.

Panic shot through the squadron and, as usual, we had some folks overact, acting like peed-out piddle pack junkies gong to any means to get their hands on some of the last remaining piddle packs: stealing, looting, begging, chicanery, hanging out in bathrooms and dark passageways looking to trade sex for piddle packs, you name it. One guy was found with TEN piddle packs in his helmet bag during the height of the Piddle Pack Depression and was beaten to within one urine drop of his life by a mob of angry pilots and RIOs, all recently forced to make an arrested carrier landing with a full bladder. Ruthless stuff. My squadron, in keeping with the theme that desperate times require desperate (i.e. moronic) measures, survived these dark days by adopting a completely unsafe personal dehydration plan coupled with the procurement of several emergency in-flight relief vessels/urine storage devices - Gatorade bottles - for those times when bladder evacuation at 32,000 feet was just plain unavoidable. As an aside, donning the ever reliable DEPENDS undergarment was momentarily discussed but instantaneously dismissed. We were all in agreement that the image of a downed Navy fighter pilot in Afghanistan, paraded in front of the cameras on CNN, wearing only DIAPERS would only serve to heighten the fighting spirit and resolve of the Taliban and al Qaeda network world wide.

On another, happier note, during the Canadian reality show mini-series "Jetstream" about the training of CF-18 pilots, the lone gal, Capt. Riel "Guns" Erickson prances about waving her Depends "disposable underware" in the air. Not sure which ep anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.