Diaper/Wipe/Pull-Up/Whatever commercial appreciation/sharing thread

Jayden123

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Does anyone know why Huggies no longer sells diapers in the UK? They still have the wipes, training pants, bedwetting pants and swim diapers, but not the actual normal diapers. Why is that?
Wasn't even aware that Huggies have stopped selling traditional diapers in the UK. Maybe Pampers are just too popular?

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Wasn't even aware that Huggies have stopped selling traditional diapers in the UK. Maybe Pampers are just too popular?
Not sure about other countries but here there's so many different supermarkets that do their own nappies and so there's a big competitive market. Aldi and Lidl are big because they're cheap but do the job well. Sainsbury's, Asda (UK Walmart) and Morrison's are also pretty popular.

KCA

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Does anyone know why Huggies no longer sells diapers in the UK? They still have the wipes, training pants, bedwetting pants and swim diapers, but not the actual normal diapers. Why is that?
https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/arti...iling-command-loyalty-among-consumers/1156521

Wilkinson said the company had invested significantly in the nappy category for the last 18 years, but maintained that "the reality is that it is a very competitive market and our brand has not commanded high levels of loyalty".​
Which, as CookieMonstah says, is a corporatese way of saying they weren't making any money.

MeDisneyBaby

I'm a Disney Baby
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
I've been unable to find my favorite 1980s diaper commercial - I've searched YouTube with no luck.

This was aired very frequently in the mid-80s in the Midwestern United States, including prime time on the networks. The video showed a toddler enjoying various activities at the park - running, swings, etc., and was accompanied by the following jingle:

"When you're old enough to spend the day at the park,
you need a diaper that will last 'til dark.
You need dryness to stay. You need Pampers."

I remember Pampers was the brand name but am not completely certain. I loved this commercial, though - unlike many others at the time it was addressed to a toddler, not to a parent.

Does anyone remember this - or have a link to a video?
Yes, I remember that commercial. I've been looking for it for years without any luck.
They were for Pampers.
There was also another verse.

"When you're big enough to go fishing with the men.
It can take all morning, before you reel one in.
You need dryness to spare. You need Pampers."

Last edited:

Rezzu

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Incontinent
Yes, I remember that commercial. I've been looking for it for years without any luck.
They were for Pampers.
There was also another verse.

"When you're big enough to go fishing with the men.
It can take all morning, before you reel one in.
You need dryness to spare. You need Pampers."
Hehe! I always like when baby diaper ad´s haves so funny and great phrases like this!:D Adorable it is :3