Diaper/Wipe/Pull-Up/Whatever commercial appreciation/sharing thread

Slomo

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I avoid commercials like a plague. Most are outright stupid, politically one sided, or just annoying. Too many to try and sit through for that one commercial that's actually funny or let alone informative. This goes for tv, radio, and internet. If I can't block it or turn the channel then at leaet mute it and do something else or otherwise turn it off. I'm willing and do pay for add free content, but no way I'm idly sitting by and watching commercials when there as bad as they are.

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Loads of vintage commercials on this earlier thread of mine- mainly from the 80s and early 90s. They are peppered throughout.

TheMat

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't seek out or get into diaper commercials with kids. Something just doesn't feel right about it. Depends or other adult diapers commercials are fine though. One came on TV while my wife and I were watching. I don't remember it exactly but I think it was depend realfit and the tag was something like "provides all day confidence and leak protection" and I exclaimed "false!"

PurpleScorpion

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Other
I think looking out current ones as an adult could be a tad creepy but searching for vintage ones that you remember from your early days that acted as a catalyst? I don’t think there’s anything wrong in that.
I do it, partially out of an interest in researching how the brands images and product lineups have changed over time, and partially because I'm interested in marketing.

KitsuneFox

Medically Incontinent & Diapered 24 / 7
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Carer
The acting in this one ... product of it's time :)

Last edited:

12srepaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I wish that I could find that old Pampers commercial from the early 1980's It had the tagline "When you been out... and you need dryness to spare, You need Pampers."

VayneAurelius

Sulpher, please!!!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Time for a cringy commercial. I'll admit the beat is nice but the whole vid is awkweird, but in a good fun way. I'll let you decide what you think. As a kid, if I saw this I don't know if this would excite me enough to get potty-trained or just say "no" to potty-training forever and just stick to diapers.

VayneAurelius

Sulpher, please!!!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Time for another one. This one was adorable, the parents are just as excited as the kids. I know if I was the Dad in this I wouldn't deck myself out in Pull-Ups all over myself. Maybe I would if it would help make my children feel easier at nighttime.

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little

This one always confused me. Why was a 13 month old-Not Ready For Potty Training toddler in Easy-Ups, Pamper's potty training pants?
This advert was released in the early 2000s when it wasn't THAT early to start training your child at that age. Also think it was marketed for easier changes for parents. But I can say, unless they run around half naked without shoes and pants on, it's not easier to change.

Sidewinder

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Time for a cringy commercial. I'll admit the beat is nice but the whole vid is awkweird, but in a good fun way. I'll let you decide what you think. As a kid, if I saw this I don't know if this would excite me enough to get potty-trained or just say "no" to potty-training forever and just stick to diapers.
This would've DEFINITELY had me saying "no" to potty training in a heartbeat.

PurpleScorpion

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Other
This advert was released in the early 2000s when it wasn't THAT early to start training your child at that age. Also think it was marketed for easier changes for parents. But I can say, unless they run around half naked without shoes and pants on, it's not easier to change.
I do remember one cut from a very similar cloth (An Easy Ups commercial with no mention of the potty).

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
I do remember one cut from a very similar cloth (An Easy Ups commercial with no mention of the potty).
This advert is probably my favourite advert, wish someone had the British version of it. The advert isn't from 2009, it's from around 2001/2002 and I was around 4/5 at the time. I was so jealous that he could be a superhero in his pull-ups I couldn't.

PurpleScorpion

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Other
This advert is probably my favourite advert, wish someone had the British version of it. The advert isn't from 2009, it's from around 2001/2002 and I was around 4/5 at the time. I was so jealous that he could be a superhero in his pull-ups I couldn't.
Is the British version any different? Is it the exact same with just a British voice instead of an American one?

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
Is the British version any different? Is it the exact same with just a British voice instead of an American one?
Yeah it's the British voice and the British voice of the Pampers advert so sounds so much nicer to me