Diaper waistband with Plastic pants

inconsurferdude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wear 24/7 for bladder and sometimes bowel incontinence. Because my IBS accidents are infrequent but often sudden and unexpected, I wear plastic pants over my disposables almost always, usually with a onesie over top. The disposables I wear tend to rise several inches higher than my plastic pants, so I am wondering how others handle the protruding waistband. Do you fold it down so that the elastic waist of your plastic pants covers the entire diaper? I feel my diapers fit best when the upper tapes are above my hips and angled down, but since I usually wear onesies I don't notice any additional sag when I fold the waistband down. I would guess that having the plastic pants covering the entire diaper would help somewhat with messy odor, but I always change asap when these accidents occur anyways. Curious what others do when wearing the same disposable + plastic pants + onesie combo!

I don't own any onesies, but yes, I always fold the waistband down when wearing plastic pants, so my diaper fits inside. I guess we're built differently, as I can do this without affecting the top tapes. Diapers like the MegaMax have a really tall waist, probably to help support the weight when it's really full, but in your situation, you're wearing a onesie anyway. If I'm not wearing plastic pants, I'll occasionally leave the full waistband as-is, as a bit of mostly harmless exhibitionism. ;)

I always get the full cut diaper covers, or otherwise high waisted covers. They are made to fit over diapers, no modifications or adjustements needed.

Folding down the top of the diaper does sort of work, but it will also increase the chance of leaking over the top. This is why diapers are made to fit like diapers and not like tighty whities. Because they need that extra rise up to your actual waist line in order to function properly.

Slomo said:
I always get the full cut diaper covers, or otherwise high waisted covers. They are made to fit over diapers, no modifications or adjustements needed.
Most of my plastic pants are Rearz Angela, that I use over my daily wear low-waisted ATN's. I've started wearing higher-waisted medical grade diapers with stuffers as its gotten colder and my wardrobe has gotten baggier. Any recommendations for high waist plastic pants? I've thought about trying a size larger in Rearz Angela, but legs and waist fit perfect in current size.

Are you set on plastic? My personal favorite is the gary activewear pul pants. They are much more durable and comfortable to wear, plus easier to wash too.

I don't wear plastic pants over disposable diapers so really can't say anything. I only wear them over clothddiaper. And then I make sure that every thing is completely unter the plastic pants. Then nothing will leak

Jinks said:
I don't wear plastic pants over disposable diapers so really can't say anything. I only wear them over clothddiaper. And then I make sure that every thing is completely unter the plastic pants. Then nothing will leak
Same here--plastic pants are the best thing for preventing leaks when wearing cloth diapers. I am ok as long as the plastic pants waistband covers the top of the diaper.

Back