Diaper Usage (PG)

TSecret102

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm sure like many on this forum, I will use diapers whenever I get the chance. As of late, I can't help but wonder how the effects of purposely urinating in a diaper will affect my bladder control in the long run. I am in my early 20s and live at home with my parents, I only get chance to use them maybe once per month at maximum. I understand that this varies from person to person, and so far my limited diaper usage has never brought me close to having an accident when I'm away from wearing diapers, but I can't help but feel this will affect me in the future.

Soon I will get the chance to wear diapers for at least 1 week 24/7 if I so choose, but I'm starting to think maybe this is not a good idea. Can anyone advise on whether using diapers, even if very infrequent, will have a major affect on my bladder control in years to come.

I am happy for feedback from both those who choose to use diapers as well as those who unfortunately have no choice - apologies to those who may be offended.

TSecret102 said:
I'm sure like many on this forum, I will use diapers whenever I get the chance. As of late, I can't help but wonder how the effects of purposely urinating in a diaper will affect my bladder control in the long run. I am in my early 20s and live at home with my parents, I only get chance to use them maybe once per month at maximum. I understand that this varies from person to person, and so far my limited diaper usage has never brought me close to having an accident when I'm away from wearing diapers, but I can't help but feel this will affect me in the future.

Soon I will get the chance to wear diapers for at least 1 week 24/7 if I so choose, but I'm starting to think maybe this is not a good idea. Can anyone advise on whether using diapers, even if very infrequent, will have a major affect on my bladder control in years to come.

I am happy for feedback from both those who choose to use diapers as well as those who unfortunately have no choice - apologies to those who may be offended.
One week of 100% 24/7 for you will likely not affect you long term. If you’re starting from square one, or even square two given your preexisting but infrequent diaper experience, you’re not going to develop a long term incontinence issue. Just be sure to keep yourself clean.

At the same time, even if you plan on going 24/7 for a week, you might find you’re not conditioned to be comfortable like that yet. You might decide to give it a rest for other reasons. Just do what’s comfortable, but don’t stop just because you worry about the long term effects. Other people have gone 24/7 for months and gone back to normal retention with minimal effort. Years is a different story, but it’s also recoverable with some mild retraining.

IF you do develop anything, it would be a cause for a doctor visit more so than anything, and I wouldn’t even mention the diapers in that case. If you develop a problem, it’s possible you uncovered an existing issue a doctor should see. That would be a good thing in my mind. But odds are you’re a healthy, young individual and this will be pure fun for you.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, star, richieboy and 3 others
Wearing 24/7 shouldn't have any permanent effect but I find that if I've been doing it and stop I have to pee more frequently than normal for a day or two because it takes a little time to get used to holding it again without it being uncomfortable (since when I'm wearing a diaper I'm peeing much more frequently). I guess if you wear 24/7 for a really long time it might take longer to get used to holding it again though.

It's pretty rare for people to claim that they permanently lost bladder control as a result of wearing 24/7, but there have been some articles from the UK I think complaining that hospitals have been unnecessarily putting people in diapers resulting in them permanently becoming incontinent when they get out, so maybe it's possible. On the other hand, in most cases these are pretty elderly people or people who have suffered serious injuries and it seems not completely clear that the hospitals putting them in diapers actually caused them to become incontinent rather than the other way around.

Last edited:
Reactions: richieboy and TSecret102
I've been a dl for 40 +years I'm not quite 24/7now but have a wear when I am home so all weekend and as soon as I arrive home. The problem I run into is if I have to go and I try and hold it very long I have peed my pants. Pretty embarrassing at times.

blaincorrous said:
One week of 100% 24/7 for you will likely not affect you long term. If you’re starting from square one, or even square two given your preexisting but infrequent diaper experience, you’re not going to develop a long term incontinence issue. Just be sure to keep yourself clean.

At the same time, even if you plan on going 24/7 for a week, you might find you’re not conditioned to be comfortable like that yet. You might decide to give it a rest for other reasons. Just do what’s comfortable, but don’t stop just because you worry about the long term effects. Other people have gone 24/7 for months and gone back to normal retention with minimal effort. Years is a different story, but it’s also recoverable with some mild retraining.

IF you do develop anything, it would be a cause for a doctor visit more so than anything, and I wouldn’t even mention the diapers in that case. If you develop a problem, it’s possible you uncovered an existing issue a doctor should see. That would be a good thing in my mind. But odds are you’re a healthy, young individual and this will be pure fun for you.
Thank you - I really appreciated this response, wasn't sure whether I was being overly-anxious about the situation. Not really sure where this mindset has come from since I've never thought about this until now, and I've been wearing on and off for about 6-7 years

TSecret102 said:
Thank you - I really appreciated this response, wasn't sure whether I was being overly-anxious about the situation. Not really sure where this mindset has come from since I've never thought about this until now, and I've been wearing on and off for about 6-7 years
The place where your mindset comes from is one of prudence and caution. I’d say all those thought processes are working as they should. You don’t have anything to apologize for. Some people are dismissive of the issues that long term wear can introduce, but that’s much longer than what you’re considering here.

You should look forward to enjoying yourself. I do suggest you look up some psychology around being “intentional” with your enjoyment of this moment. Use this time to feed your needs first, not to feed shame. Treat it as a bit of a vacation, and much like a vacation, it helps to take time to switch gears from one mode to the other, before and after.

And if this is your long first stretch with this, pay attention to your feelings around bingeing and purging. This is objectively a binge, so be prepared for a come down at the end of that week and try not to let your feelings swing the other way into depression and purging. What you’re doing is perfectly natural for your psychology, you aren’t harming anyone, and you deserve to enjoy this part of you to the fullest.

Reactions: PaddedRita
blaincorrous said:
The place where your mindset comes from is one of prudence and caution. I’d say all those thought processes are working as they should. You don’t have anything to apologize for. Some people are dismissive of the issues that long term wear can introduce, but that’s much longer than what you’re considering here.

You should look forward to enjoying yourself. I do suggest you look up some psychology around being “intentional” with your enjoyment of this moment. Use this time to feed your needs first, not to feed shame. Treat it as a bit of a vacation, and much like a vacation, it helps to take time to switch gears from one mode to the other, before and after.

And if this is your long first stretch with this, pay attention to your feelings around bingeing and purging. This is objectively a binge, so be prepared for a come down at the end of that week and try not to let your feelings swing the other way into depression and purging. What you’re doing is perfectly natural for your psychology, you aren’t harming anyone, and you deserve to enjoy this part of you to the fullest.
I think its very easy to view this side of myself as a negative rather than a positive, especially since its something that I hide from everyone - I don't ever engage with people within this community but what you've said has brought me a form of perspective and appreciation for the situation I'm in. Thank you so much for responding.

• Love
Reactions: blaincorrous
TSecret102 said:
I think its very easy to view this side of myself as a negative rather than a positive, especially since its something that I hide from everyone - I don't ever engage with people within this community but what you've said has brought me a form of perspective and appreciation for the situation I'm in. Thank you so much for responding.
You bet. Message me any time if you want to talk through some thoughts. (I’ll send you a messsage as an Est. Contributor to open the channel.)

Reactions: PaddedRita and TSecret102
Back