Diaper Test: Prevail Xtreme Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
first off i want to say the paper parcel pack they came in was really decent at being discrete. my sister took them in and didn't even suspect a thing so if you were questioning how conspicuous they looked on the outside then you shouldn't worry.
UPDATE: just found a call from a representative of Prevail on my answering machine so any questions or concerns you guys have i can relay to him.

Construction
the outside is that breathable cloth covering. full padding all around. it's purple (the other color is beige, i believe). it's single tabbed on the sides and has extremely stretchy sides (guess that's where the xtreme comes in). the tabs are nice and solid and don't feel like they'll rip from the diaper, but the velcro design doesn't feel that secure. the tabs held and didn't shred the diaper after a few readjusts which was nice.

added: photos to see the progression.

Absorption
the first wetting it was thirsy. it took the wetness away from my skin which made it so much more comfortable. the downside was it it went straight down into the diaper which made it sag and lost all it's initial absorption.
the second wetting wasn't too bad, i did it on my back and the back panel held up good, but again, it soaked in a downwards fashion rather than to the sides so most of the front didn't get used from expanding wetness (thanks for pointing that one out peachy).

Squish
as far as pressure testing goes it was great. i didn't notice any pressure leaks after my first wetting or even after my second wetting on my back or after sitting back onto the chair. it did an excellent job of containing the water. the only issue i noticed was after the second wetting some of the filler started to come out onto my chair. it was a very small spot, but something i've never noticed before in a diaper.

Multiple Wettings
this was the diaper's downfall. the first wetting was great, but after then it's performance went downhill exponentially. the second wetting dripped a bit onto my chair and after the third it was running down my leg. after the materials they used clumped in the middle of the diaper the excess liquid didn't have anything to be absorbed with so it just pooled up and ran over the sides.

Conclusion
if i was in a bind and these diapers were cheap enough i would consider them over depends, but i really think they should come out with a plastic covered version. also, they need to reconsider their type of batting and filler. somehow they need to think about absorption plus the movement of the liquids while being absorbed.

http://www.adisc.org/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/138

Last edited:

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
These would be decent diapers if it weren't for the cloth-like covering. Too bad.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
my gf's sample pack just came in... I'll have her try them out this week

she prefers the refastenable kind of diaper for daytime use... so she has a choice when she needs to go potty

either she or I will report back here with some results...

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
i htought they were way to stretchy for a 32" waist, tapes overlapped.

i got a call from the company, and i told them my problems, so they sent me out ANOTHER sample of another line for free, jsut for giving my opinion, so i say i like prevail as a company :)

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Yeah same here. Im kinda hoping it gets here soon

babymikey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Other
lol plz send me the number and these sound kool but needs much more absorbency

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I absolutely loved these. I hate cloth backed but these are cute, longlasting...the stretchiness was awesome. I was able to have 4 wettings and still no leaks. I accidentally pulled the ziplock bag of them out of the mailing package thinking it was a DVD box set I had ordered and my parents were in the room. (yes we live with my parents still because of money issues) >_< I'm so stupid. I thought I would only get one diaper for sample but nope two! and I will definitely buy a package. They are thin but absorbent, I was able to wear under considerably tight jeans with no sound or bulk. YAYS

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well sounds like a good idea, just the reviews are mixed i guess we will have to just wait and see how good they get.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
may i add that i'm a soaker so my review might be a bit off... i was under pressure and a bit relentless on the diapers...

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
cant wait til i get them but hopefully i get t o the mail first

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
okay... the size they sent us didn't fit my gf... it had plenty of stretch in width but it wasn't long enough to cover front-to-back.

So I tried it... and it was too stretchy. I had the tapes overlapped and it just wasn't snug enough.

Overall a no-good from me... sorry folks.

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
howlong on average did they take to deliver

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
howlong on average did they take to deliver
mine was less than a week. It came in a USPS Priority Mail Envelope.
The address sticker only says "First Quality Products" which hardly gives any info away and then they handwrite your name and address on there. So personalized lol

okay... the size they sent us didn't fit my gf... it had plenty of stretch in width but it wasn't long enough to cover front-to-back.

So I tried it... and it was too stretchy. I had the tapes overlapped and it just wasn't snug enough.

Overall a no-good from me... sorry folks.
They overlapped on Andy (malaci) also. He's rather skinny (*thinks of obscenities to call andy*) so we just put one below the other.
They for some reason send regular size luckily it fit me very well and was almost too big. And I am by no means skinny so im suprised.

With normal diapers I always have issues of the diaper being too little or too big...never can get it "Just Right" so with the stretchy sides they fit perfectly.
Sorry it didn't work for you and your g/f. =[

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Heheh... I appreciate the kind words Kitty.

What can I say... I've tried most every type of diaper out there on the market... some work... some don't. Everyone has their likes and dislikes... everyone's built a little different... thus why there are so many brands out there.

Judging from your experiences they have atleast one new fan :) but I'll stick with my Bambinos for now... the quest for the best daytime diaper continues.

Now on an unrelated note... I did find some of the "new" style Walgreens diapers for my gf to use as daytimers... she likes the cloth backed ones b/c they are refastenable and don't crinkle... she just needs a bit more absorbency than the depend pull-ups were giving. I think she wore her first one today... we'll see how that went tonite.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Heheh... I appreciate the kind words Kitty

Now on an unrelated note... I did find some of the "new" style Walgreens diapers for my gf to use as daytimers... she likes the cloth backed ones b/c they are refastenable and don't crinkle... she just needs a bit more absorbency than the depend pull-ups were giving. I think she wore her first one today... we'll see how that went tonite.
Yea erm Yawgmoth was telling me about some from walgreens. I was thinking they would suck eggs but he said they are good for the money. So I suppose I may try. I walked into my Walgreens and looked at them and just walked out. I didn't see any that interested me. >_<

I tried the CVS pullups. and Hated them. I honestly hate all pull up types that aren't GN's because adult pullups suck. IMO just because the stretchy part is kinda too stretchy and high and boo. I just don't like them.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
I honestly hate all pull up types that aren't GN's because adult pullups suck. IMO just because the stretchy part is kinda too stretchy and high and boo. I just don't like them.
I believe this statement sums up the adult-sized pullup market...

Truer words have not been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.