Diaperedme

Toddler Lifestyle 👶
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
What the best angle for diaper tapes? Top and bottom?

It depends on type / brand
Folks ave many different preferences. * shrugs * if it works for you I guess .

Reactions: Deleted member 50073
It depends on the diaper as well as your body type because different diapers have different fits. There’s a discrepancy among them in where the lower tapes attach to the back specifically. Some brands, like Tykables, place the rear tapes lower on the wing, while others tend to place them higher up on the wing. Some of the ones with the higher rear tapes almost could use a third set of tapes below for the right fit.

It would help to know what diaper or diapers you wear most often to figure out how to best tape them.

Reactions: Deleted member 50073
That depends on your physical build and the design and length of your tapes. I have more experience with diapers with only two tapes, and considering my generous build, I tend to wear them either straight across or slightly angled downwards.

I prefer top tapes straight in toward each other, right at my belt line, with the lowers usually around an inch below the uppers, angled down at a 30-45 degree angle, usually about in inch farther back from the centerline of the diaper (and so the lowers are about 2" farther apart than the uppers)

That supports my theory that the top tapes' job is to hold the diaper up around your waist so it doesn't slip down, and the lowers' job is to pull the lower parts of the front and back wings together (up and around) to wrap around and seal around your legs.

Fit varies a little between diapers of course, but that's the general starting point I use.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoFloDL
When I diaper up, I put on the top two tapes first and snug the diaper around my waist; after that, I put on the bottom tapes, a little less snug and just under the top tapes. These snug the diaper around my bottom. Then I snug the top tapes a little more. And behold! The perfect diaper for snug, fit and comfort. Leg gathers just right, room to move inside...And babyish appearance, too! 🤗

Reactions: 68Bonnie
The best angle is based on the contours or your body and where the diaper sits. If it sits above your hips, then the top tapes need to be angled downwards, and the bottoms angled upwards

Reactions: SoCalIncon
BobbiSueEllen said:
When I diaper up, I put on the top two tapes first and snug the diaper around my waist; after that, I put on the bottom tapes, a little less snug and just under the top tapes. These snug the diaper around my bottom. Then I snug the top tapes a little more. And behold! The perfect diaper for snug, fit and comfort. Leg gathers just right, room to move inside...And babyish appearance, too! 🤗

This is how I've started to do it, to! All the years I've been wearing, I loved to wear, but there would always be that uncomfortable tightness of the leg gathers digging into my thighs, so I started taping my diaper the opposite way of how it should be done; top two tapes first, then tape up the bottom two right under the top tapes; finally, a perfect, comfortable fit!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Diaperedme said:
What the best angle for diaper tapes? Top and bottom?

For any that don't have the "landing zone" (i hate landing zone diapers) I find that the bottom tapes are best angled up, and the top tapes angled down.

I learned this when I first started wearing tab style diapers...Abena website had instructional video for how to put on their abri form briefs and that's how the woman did it....it was a woman in a black leotard demonstrating the proper technique for Abena diapers...I found that also works perfectly for Northshore diapers and my go-to Better Dry.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back