Diaper tapes

Marting

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I find most abdl diapers seam to tape on my sides rather than at the front of the landing zone. Most modern baby diapers however seam to tape onto the landing zone at the front. Was it the case that older disposable diapers taped more on the sides than the front, and abdl diapers are fitting more with that retro asthetic? Sorry, if it sounds like a silly question. It's just that I have ocd and find it really hard to get into 'little' space, when the diaper I'm wearing doesn't seam realistic. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Last edited:
Honestly I have no idea!

My best guess is baby diapers are very stretchy to get a snug fit on squirmy babies. And adult plastic tabbed diapers aren't as stretchy and fit adults differently

Reactions: Marting
Sheepies said:
Honestly I have no idea!

My best guess is baby diapers are very stretchy to get a snug fit on squirmy babies. And adult plastic tabbed diapers aren't as stretchy and fit adults differently
I think you are right. Although I imagine plastic baby diapers wern't so stretchy.

Marting said:
I think you are right. Although I imagine plastic baby diapers wern't so stretchy.
I'm sure stretchy tabs had to start somewhere and it caught on from there. Where I'm not sure.

Any older ABDLs that may know more about this topic?

Mainly this has to do with size and fit.
When your diaper is on the smaller side the tapes are closer to the side while with a larger size they are on the landing zone.
I wore 1985's Pampers with plastic white backing when I was wee little back then and I have pictures showing the tapes being away from the sides, so closer to the middle.

Back