• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Diaper tape tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I know that Attends/Depends are not real popular with a lot of those in the abdl lifestyle, but i wear them for one reason only: 3 tape tabs on each side. Since i am often diapered by mommy and taken out in public, the 3-tab system (when fastened snugly) seems to provide the most secure, all-around fit. Though they are certainly not as absorbent as other brands, she usually adds booster pads to my Attends when we are going out and when i'm diapered before bed. We've tried others like Abena and Molicare, but still always go back to Attends because of the tabs.
Does anyone know of another brand we could try that does have 3 tabs on each side? Or, is there a special kind of tape we might use to supplement the 2 tabs on Molicare or Abena? We have tried a few different kinds of tape, but have yet to find anything that is both waterproof and with a secure adhesive that will not become unattached during normal wear.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I don't know of any of the really good diapers that have 3 tapes. I really don't know why all of the really absorbant brands had only 2 tapes. I hope someday to have one of the really good "briefs" with 3 tapes.

~Johnathon~

A

annierighthurr

I've tried 2 other kind of diapers that have 3 tapes on each side:

Albertson's storebrand (Equaline... they might have changed but when I tried them they were SUPER CRINKLY).

and

Assurance, by Walmart.

I can't think of any other brands off the top of my head though, especially not of higher quality that have 6 tapes. I don't particularly like that system but I do find it odd that it's not used more often... may be more difficult for nurses n such ^^.

Role
Other
Duck tape works great.

I can't think of any other three tape diapers that are better than those you mentioned.

You might try Secure Plus or Secure X-Plus, they have 2 tapes, but stick great.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I would sacrifice fit for absorbency if it's as simple as using duct tape to get the fit I want.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
I know that Attends/Depends are not real popular with a lot of those in the abdl lifestyle

They were VERY popular. When attends were sold to paperpak, and the cost cutting began, MANY people who've worn them from the kimberly klark days were pissed off (pun fully intended) about it.

Once upon a time, they had 3 blue tapes, smelt like baby powder, held an incredible amount for their thickness (it wasn't an x-plus but still) and even had an elastic waistband in them. They were the best of the best.

If you ever feel stupidrich and want to experience this, check out ebay for 'vintage attends' and buy yourself some to see what they were like before they got ruined.

Duck tape works great.

I believe that's 'duct' tape, as in air duct, not 'duck' as in quackquack tape. Though there is a brand of duct tape CALLED 'duck tape', which only exacerbates the problem, but still, I thought you might be interested to know.

B

Butterfly Mage

Actually, I don't think Attends are all that bad. I just wish the absorbancy was a bit higher. But they are very comfortable and the fit well. I think the 6-tape system does allow for a somewhat more body-conforming fit. If they boosted the absorbancy up about 25% or so, it'd be just fine.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I believe that's 'duct' tape, as in air duct, not 'duck' as in quackquack tape. Though there is a brand of duct tape CALLED 'duck tape', which only exacerbates the problem, but still, I thought you might be interested to know.
Right on both counts. As a feature of particular hilarity, they are absolutely useless for repairing ducts. I don't know about repairing ducks, but somehow I don't think they'd help there, either.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As a maintenance tek, I use duct tape on HVAC ducts all the time. To work you gotta use the right tape. Buy from industrial supply not the local store and use the foil stuff on hot ducts not diapers. Do not use Duck brand tape on a DUKW's ducts! (Yes I do have experence restoring DUKWs.)
Back to the topic here...
I don't know of any other six tape diapers other than Attends & Depends. Hypnotised mentioned, Assurance, by Walmart, I use them a lot and they only have four tapes.

Nam

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
CVS diapers used to have 3 tapes and a plastic covers, but they got hit with the new and improved deal the summer before last, I think all the plastic covered ones will be gone soon, except for a few expensive brands and I'm sure they will go the same way sooner or later.

So it's either start loving the new stuff or go cloth with plastic pants.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I know of one other brand that has 3 tapes. They are the store brand at Zellers. these diapers are plastic backed, but are quite thin. They are a fairly wide style with low bottom tapes that make a good seal around they legs, but all the tapes are low on the diaper so you may like to add two more tapes to the top to get a good fit around the waist. They are resonably inexpensive though, $16.00 for 24 diapers I think they were last time I bought them.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Actually, I don't think Attends are all that bad. I just wish the absorbancy was a bit higher. But they are very comfortable and the fit well. I think the 6-tape system does allow for a somewhat more body-conforming fit. If they boosted the absorbancy up about 25% or so, it'd be just fine.
I agree, and still like them. The six-tape Attends with elastic waist are still one of the best fitting diapers out there. To boost the absorbency, I use those Abriform (or is Abri-let?) pads from Abena, which will make them nearly twice as absorbent, and they'll feel and look more like a baby diaper from the '80s. And that's the epitome of the diaper experience, in my view.

The changes made by Paper Pak are a mixed bag. I think they improved the elastic waist, because it never comes apart after wearing them for a while, unlike the previous version. But the diapers do appear thinner now, because of the tight packaging. And the quality control seems to be a bit inconsistent. I wish they were a bit more crinkly too, but at least they're still plastic on the outside.

If I had known those original Proctor & Gamble designed Attends would one day be so desirable today, I'd have stocked up on a bunch before they were gone. Who knew? I even have a package or two of those left, but they're almost too valuable to wear. So just think -- if Paper Pak phases out their plastic Attends in the future, which I think they eventually will, will these be valuable too, one day?

Lazy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent
They were VERY popular. When attends were sold to paperpak, and the cost cutting began, MANY people who've worn them from the kimberly klark days were pissed off (pun fully intended) about it.

Once upon a time, they had 3 blue tapes, smelt like baby powder, held an incredible amount for their thickness (it wasn't an x-plus but still) and even had an elastic waistband in them. They were the best of the best.

If you ever feel stupidrich and want to experience this, check out ebay for 'vintage attends' and buy yourself some to see what they were like before they got ruined.

He's right. I remember how people were still seeking the older diapers on eBay. I was so close to trying the old kind of Attends, there were really great back in those days. Really high praised and from what I recall, they were one of the most recommended. Of course I wasn't able to buy them... $20/pack was expensive when I was still on DPF XD. I used Goodnites/Depends at the time so I always referred to the forum to find out whats naturally the best diaper-upgrade and the Attends /w elastic waist band were always it!

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
On the taping up issue, there is a tip I read which seems to work (and I've seen it marked as the instruction on some diaper brands):-

Fix the bottom tapes first and do them at an angle towards the top of the diaper. Then do the top tapes. Best done lying down. Ensure the diaper is held snug to the body, but don't over tighten on the taping.

As an alternative to traditional tapes though, Harmony (generally only available in Europe), has a single "tape" of sorts. It's very wide and current versions are made of cloth-like material which fastens with a big velcro landing zone. The tapes are also very long so one side can wrap around to the other side velcro, resulting in an incredibly snug wrap around the waist. The cloth allows for expansion during wear, and the velcro allows refastening and even removal of the diaper if you'd rather do poop in a toilet.

As per the line in Home Improvement where Tim makes that exact point (almost word for word in the first sentence!) to Jill ;)

But I always know it as Duck as that's the brand I find on sale almost all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.