diaper suggestions for next order

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Messages
482
Age
30
Role
  1. Incontinent
hey everyone,
I have a question I am looking for some diaper recommendations what do you guys use/recommend for my next order? I have I usally order northshorecare but the prices have gone up? I look forward to your replies thanks. btw I also need like a 20 pack hook and loop? I order fom carewell.com but can't find any good stuff on there that have what i'm looking for.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BABYTIGERCUB

SofiaInPampers

Est. Contributor
Messages
737
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
GabeG30 said:
hey everyone,
I have a question I am looking for some diaper recommendations what do you guys use/recommend for my next order? I have I usally order northshorecare but the prices have gone up? I look forward to your replies thanks. btw I also need like a 20 pack hook and loop? I order fom carewell.com but can't find any good stuff on there that have what i'm looking for.
If you like hook and loop, you might consider the XP5000 diaper. I make all my diaper purchases with LLMedico. Solid company!
 
  • Like
Reactions: swirrll, Jorelaxed and GabeG30

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Messages
482
Age
30
Role
  1. Incontinent
SofiaInPampers said:
If you like hook and loop, you might consider the XP5000 diaper. I make all my diaper purchases with LLMedico. Solid company!
thanks for your help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jorelaxed and SofiaInPampers

SuperSpaceBird

Contributor
Messages
13
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Abena Abri-Form isn't an ABDL diaper and they use tapes but you can chose your level of absorbency and they sell a good pull up called Abri-Flex. They're mostly white. Price is $1.4 to $2.57 depending on absorbency, size, and bulk discounts. I don't know if they sell samples but a bag is $20 to $40. If you're looking for an ABDL diaper Bellissimo all over print for $2.5 is my favorite right now and they seem to have the strongest hook and loop tabs. I really pull on the tabs to get a snug fit and I can reattach them multiple times. Bianco are all white with tape at $2.29 or hook and loop at $3.325 but they aren't the same as Bellissimo. Bellissimo landing zone print for $2.5 is the tape version of Bellissimo and the tape versions of Bellissimo and Bianco feel more diaper like then there hook and loop counterparts. Bambino diapers are expensive but I buy them when they're on sale and they offer recurring order discounts and a $11 sample packs. Great for long term wear and messing but you will feel that your wearing a thick diaper. ConfiDry 24/7 for $1.67 to $2.22 is an absorbent nonABDL diaper with $10 sample packs. I just use diapers for fun and I'm not very good at diapering myself but I've used Abri-Form L4, Abri-Flex L3, Dry24/7 Large, and both Bellissimo large but I think Bianco was redesigned since I last used them. If your interested this is my recommendation for plastic pants $24 to $26. I think my math for per diaper cost is right.
 
  • Like
Reactions: swirrll

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,152
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
SofiaInPampers said:
If you like hook and loop, you might consider the XP5000 diaper. I make all my diaper purchases with LLMedico. Solid company!
I agree with SofiainPampers, XP5000 are a good, inexpensive diaper with the hook and loop system.
 
  • Like
Reactions: swirrll and SofiaInPampers

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Messages
482
Age
30
Role
  1. Incontinent
SuperSpaceBird said:
Abena Abri-Form isn't an ABDL diaper and they use tapes but you can chose your level of absorbency and they sell a good pull up called Abri-Flex. They're mostly white. Price is $1.4 to $2.57 depending on absorbency, size, and bulk discounts. I don't know if they sell samples but a bag is $20 to $40. If you're looking for an ABDL diaper Bellissimo all over print for $2.5 is my favorite right now and they seem to have the strongest hook and loop tabs. I really pull on the tabs to get a snug fit and I can reattach them multiple times. Bianco are all white with tape at $2.29 or hook and loop at $3.325 but they aren't the same as Bellissimo. Bellissimo landing zone print for $2.5 is the tape version of Bellissimo and the tape versions of Bellissimo and Bianco feel more diaper like then there hook and loop counterparts. Bambino diapers are expensive but I buy them when they're on sale and they offer recurring order discounts and a $11 sample packs. Great for long term wear and messing but you will feel that your wearing a thick diaper. ConfiDry 24/7 for $1.67 to $2.22 is an absorbent nonABDL diaper with $10 sample packs. I just use diapers for fun and I'm not very good at diapering myself but I've used Abri-Form L4, Abri-Flex L3, Dry24/7 Large, and both Bellissimo large but I think Bianco was redesigned since I last used them. If your interested this is my recommendation for plastic pants $24 to $26. I think my math for per diaper cost is right.
thanks for your help
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jorelaxed

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Messages
482
Age
30
Role
  1. Incontinent
Jorelaxed said:
I agree with SofiainPampers, XP5000 are a good, inexpensive diaper with the hook and loop system.
thanks for your help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jorelaxed and SofiaInPampers

BABYTIGERCUB

ABDLIC
Contributor
Messages
104
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
GabeG30 said:
hey everyone,
I have a question I am looking for some diaper recommendations what do you guys use/recommend for my next order? I have I usally order northshorecare but the prices have gone up? I look forward to your replies thanks. btw I also need like a 20 pack hook and loop? I order fom carewell.com but can't find any good stuff on there that have what i'm looking for.
I have purchased from northshore likewise the prices are high I went and tried both night and day betterdry comparable to northshore their my go to diapers.
 

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Messages
482
Age
30
Role
  1. Incontinent
Babykisakitten said:
I have purchased from northshore likewise the prices are high I went and tried both night and day betterdry comparable to northshore their my go to diapers.
thanks for the help
 
  • Like
Reactions: BABYTIGERCUB

MaxSyd

Est. Contributor
Messages
38
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
It depends, do you like to change more often or to go longer stints? You need to look at the cost over 24 hours as a more expensive (per a diaper) higher capacity diaper will almost always be cheaper if you look at it that way.

For longer stints I go for the NRU Str8up it is expensive per a diaper but it lasts over 24hours if you wanna push it.

For shorter stints I go for the Better dry m/l/xl10 I would probably change that every 4-6 hours.

If your wanting to save money in the long term look at getting some cloth diapers and plastic pants.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GabeG30

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Messages
482
Age
30
Role
  1. Incontinent
MaxSyd said:
It depends, do you like to change more often or to go longer stints? You need to look at the cost over 24 hours as a more expensive (per a diaper) higher capacity diaper will almost always be cheaper if you look at it that way.

For longer stints I go for the NRU Str8up it is expensive per a diaper but it lasts over 24hours if you wanna push it.

For shorter stints I go for the Better dry m/l/xl10 I would probably change that every 4-6 hours.

If your wanting to save money in the long term look at getting some cloth diapers and plastic pants.
thanks for your help
 

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Messages
391
Role
  1. Incontinent
So was in similar situation, I wore NS Supreme formlast few yrs besides price for last 6 months maybe longer been having a reaction and wonder if they changed something to cut costs but who knows.

I went over few different diapers In have used over last say 5yrs and what was affordable, provided similar protection and had the least amount of issues if any. For me the plastic backed Abena's now called Comfort Briefs was honestly only consistent one as well as having a good price and in the US one of the best prices was from Abena directly think they were $65.99/case before any savings. But the other 2 I was thinking about were Betterdry which for me sizing felt weird & Confidry which I stopped using because I had alot of issues like 2+ diapers per pack with either missing tapes or some issues and wasn't paying that much money to have issues.

As for hook n loop have you tried Seni line of diapers(depending on what I need them for have used the whole line Quattro is the highest) I know Carewell sells them as well as Abena and though haven't used them in yrs but they do sell Molicare as well. I personally like Carewell not only for the prices but iny area they use McKesson to distribute & I have a warehouse fairly close knock on wood I haven't had a shipment take longer than a week but usually pretty quick

As I mentioned I am not sure your level of need is but they sell Medline Extended Wear diapers they look exactly the same as a brand called Egosan but for large case is like $1.30/diaper and an ok daytime diaper. For me personally because I mainly wear plastic backed diapers and when I needed to let my skin get air or breathe to prevent issues (many parents do it with babies for similar reasons) I had a script for Foley Caths but my immune system is junk but found cloth backed diapers sort of work the same. So though not a stupid absorbency will say Tena Supers I liked the stretch tabs and the brand I currently use & actually have 2 cases coming this week is Tranquility Smartcore Briefs if you have ever used their ATN diapers they are basically the same except they are cloth backed so large in both is 33oz.

I also wanted to throw it out there have you ever used boosters I have used the same ones since someone have me some to try which are Tranquility Contoured Super Plus & like other products from this company they are consistent l recently found some at an estate sale box was dated 2013 & besides packaging and slight color difference they legit same boosters. Though Tranquility currently doesn't have something that totally works for me it's one company that I have a lot of trust in because of the consistency many brands change their products usually for the worse(I know a parent of a kid with special needs think they have been using the ATN for 10yrs+ because they remain the same)

Lastly sorry for long post but because of cost I figured I would share how I manage dual IC! So I have my daily diapers and if I need a tad bit more absorbency or at night I use boosters, than I have my special use diapers being paralyzed changing can be either really hard or practically unable to or have times where I am going to drink a lot like St Pat's day, & few veteran related things, often usually get like 2 months out of a case currently using Rearz Inspire Overnight+(unless I find a deal I can't pass on and if printed something I can deal with) as I mentioned above to let skin breath, get a diaper rash, or just don't need a 4000ml diaper currently using Tranquility Smartcore. I do have one other category but currently in stages of finding what works for the gym which trying Smartcore, Seni Super Plus, Tena Super and Tena Maxi Slip(probably won't be a choice because normal prices to much but alot better than USA Tena).
 

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Messages
391
Role
  1. Incontinent
Sorry again
but forgot to mention an issue with the XP5000's, not sure if it was something I was doing or what but where I had a major issue I figured I would mention it so if you were considering them I would get pack to try b/c I got samples and can't remember if was an issue but bought a case and now stuck with them even after I reached out to the seller so I have an open bag with a couple and rest of the case sealed, (I can't in good faith donate nor sell something if I had an issue like that)

My issue was 2 part one bigger than other, I started with samples because some diapers size differently & these ended up being like a majority of abdl brands/diapers and I had to size up nothing huge. But because these are meant for extended use having dual IC if I plan to have a diaper on for any extended periods of time I always use a diaper rash cream as a preventative and usually use Balmex but did try few others and still had issues, the issue was the inner liner separated from the back sheet & because I am paralyzed all my changes happen laying down and some of it is done blindly and when you have a diaper that separates the SAP and Gel beads go everywhere if not super careful so if you roll it up or anything. Though these aren't ABU, they actually has a disclaimer about this on their page( i occasionally have this issue if the diaper is manufactured in certain countries in various brands) this is not meant as disrespect to anyone but if a diaper has the potential to fall apart when using certain things like rash creams/ointments I personally don't see it as a functional product outside the occasional "playtime" because if you wear for whatever reason 24/7 at some point you will need to use some kind of barrier/diaper cream/ointment
 

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Messages
482
Age
30
Role
  1. Incontinent
ParaRomeo said:
Sorry again
but forgot to mention an issue with the XP5000's, not sure if it was something I was doing or what but where I had a major issue I figured I would mention it so if you were considering them I would get pack to try b/c I got samples and can't remember if was an issue but bought a case and now stuck with them even after I reached out to the seller so I have an open bag with a couple and rest of the case sealed, (I can't in good faith donate nor sell something if I had an issue like that)

My issue was 2 part one bigger than other, I started with samples because some diapers size differently & these ended up being like a majority of abdl brands/diapers and I had to size up nothing huge. But because these are meant for extended use having dual IC if I plan to have a diaper on for any extended periods of time I always use a diaper rash cream as a preventative and usually use Balmex but did try few others and still had issues, the issue was the inner liner separated from the back sheet & because I am paralyzed all my changes happen laying down and some of it is done blindly and when you have a diaper that separates the SAP and Gel beads go everywhere if not super careful so if you roll it up or anything. Though these aren't ABU, they actually has a disclaimer about this on their page( i occasionally have this issue if the diaper is manufactured in certain countries in various brands) this is not meant as disrespect to anyone but if a diaper has the potential to fall apart when using certain things like rash creams/ointments I personally don't see it as a functional product outside the occasional "playtime" because if you wear for whatever reason 24/7 at some point you will need to use some kind of barrier/diaper cream/ointment
hi pararomeo thanks again for your help. can I message you again if I have mire questions or just to talk? I look forward to your reply thanks
 

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Messages
741
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Tena slip ultra or maxi. UK plastic backed variant. I order mine from Canada, no tax and free shipping on 2+ bags. Comes to 1.50 per medium maci diaper I think, not bad!
 
  • Love
Reactions: caffelatte

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Messages
482
Age
30
Role
  1. Incontinent
LaPew said:
Tena slip ultra or maxi. UK plastic backed variant. I order mine from Canada, no tax and free shipping on 2+ bags. Comes to 1.50 per medium maci diaper I think, not bad!
thanks for your help.
 

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Messages
741
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
GabeG30 said:
thanks for your help.
Your welcome!

Here’s the links:



You can’t really go wrong with either one.
 

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Messages
259
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Would you consider cloth nappies and plastic pants?
 

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Messages
482
Age
30
Role
  1. Incontinent
OldTerry said:
Would you consider cloth nappies and plastic pants?
i would consider plastic.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OldTerry
Top