Coolestbay1

Coolest Baby
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Whats a good diaper rash cream and baby powder? prevent getting it Besides changing diaper often

Last edited:
I use desitin and johnsons regular baby powder, its the smell that I like.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I'm 95% DL and go for the cheap stuff: 40% zinc oxide cream from Wal-Mart and powder from Dollar Tree.

Had a rash from hell that started about 6 weeks ago. Tried all of these to no avail(AnD ointment Desitin triple past and McKesson antifungal). I had to talk to my doctor about it. Wound up having to take some antibiotics along with this cream clotrimazole and betamethasone prescription. Part of the rash was not just local to my butt but all over my body. Finally gone now.

I use Zeesorb AF in key areas where yeast likes to get going, otherwise I just use straight up talc where I need lots of drying and cornstarch where I need less drying. (to avoid eczema) If a yeast gets going, I use "McKesson Antifungal Cream 2 Percent" which works really well and isn't too expensive. (it's cheap enough for daily use) All of these are available at low cost on Amazon. Even my local walmart seems to have trouble keeping talc in stock, so I've given up on them and just get all my supplies from amazon. All three of these are available in bulk on amazon, look for the 5-piece listings for better prices.

What does baby powder help anyways accept for make a mess while putting it on? I mean as soon as you would pee it would be gone... Or just for the smell?
For a rash I just use some zinc paste and usually it will heal fast if I have any trouble.

Baby powder is there primarily to keep you dry, but if you have a high quality/high capacity diaper it should wick away moisture from the skin. The new cornstarch-based baby powders actually provide food for yeast, so they should probably be avoided, but while the older talc-based baby powders work better, they have a very low but non-zero chance of including asbestos.

If you only use it occasionally, either one should be fine.

Reactions: Jinks
Jinks said:
What does baby powder help anyways accept for make a mess while putting it on? I mean as soon as you would pee it would be gone... Or just for the smell?
Partly just for the smell, but also it doesn't all go away when you pee, only the parts that get actually peed on. If the diaper is fast absorbing and you're not doing something like laying on your back while pointing up, most of the powder will stick around. It's mostly there to counteract sweat in the areas of your diaper that wouldn't otherwise get wet. Personally I like to rub powder in along the outside of my thighs and hips where the plastic will be touching.

Reactions: tiny
I use Desitin for diaper rash when I get it. I don't wear often but once in a blue moon, I get it. And if you powder up, whatever you do, don't use cornstarch or any powder with it: the bacteria which causes diaper rash will feast on it and make your rash worse. ¡No bueno!

Last edited:
Jinks said:
What does baby powder help anyways accept for make a mess while putting it on?

For me, talc keeps my skin from sweathing and itching, and helps prevent me from getting pimples on my hips. Although most dispopsables have a top sheet under the plastic in the wing, breathability is still really low. My skin is just prone to sweating and pimples if it gets suffocated, so I go heavy with the talc.

Triple paste ointment (Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide (12.8%). Inactive Ingredients: White Petrolatum, Corn Starch, Anhydrous Lanolin, Stearyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Bisabolol, Cholesterol, Water, Glycerin, Oat (Avena Sativa), Kernel Extract, Polysorbate 80.)

Gold bond for body powder

calmoseptine ointment. It has the zinc oxide, plus calamine powder, plus menthol for a cooling sensation. Only con is that you need a power washer to get it off LOL. I have put it on, washed it off good in the shower and the next day the water still beads up on my skin.

What is Calmoseptine?
Calmoseptine is a moisture barrier ointment that provides a physical moisture barrier to protect intact as well as injured skin from direct contact with feces, urine, and wound drainage. Calmoseptine acts as a "counter-irritant" and temporarily relieves the discomfort that is associated with rashes, eczema, insect bites, poison ivy, oak, and sumac. The menthol in Calmoseptine has been shown to increase circulation to an area which can help in healing. Calmoseptine is also a mild antiseptic which can help prevent secondary bacterial or fungal infections which means it fits right into your collection of first aid supplies. This is not a one use product, it is handy to have on hand not just because it works but because you can use it for a long list of concerns.
  • What is Calmoseptine used for?
  • Diaper rash in full term infants through adults
  • Skin protection around feeding and drainage tube sites
  • Protection for peri-wound skin
  • Pain and itch relief in lymphedema and venous stasis conditions
  • Stage 1 pressure ulcers
  • Minor burns, cuts, scrapes
  • Inside skin folds and other moist areas prone to fungal infections
  • Insect bites
  • Soothing of eczema and psoriasis
  • Contact dermatitis including Poison Oak and Poison Ivy
  • Rectal itching associated with hemorrhoids or anal fissures
  • Perianal protection with ileoanal reservoirs known as "J-pouches"
As listed above, Calmoseptine ointment is a skin barrier ointment that is used for preventing and treating skin irritations from urine, feces, diarrhea, perspiration, fistual drainage, feeding tube site leakage, and wound drainage. That is a lot of different irritants and Calmoseptine can help them all. The ingredients in Calmoseptine help to balance the moisture balance of the skin so it protects the skin from outside irritants while also helping the skin not dry out. It can be used to treat minor burns, cuts, scrapes, itching and redness, as well as stage 1 ulcers. Calmoseptine works in a variety of situations and it is easy to learn how to apply Calmoseptine depending on why and where you are using it.
What are the active ingredients in Calmoseptine?
Menthol 0.44% :
External analgesic, Anti-itch
Zinc Oxide 20.6% :
Skin protectant, Anorectal astringent

Reactions: dous
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back