diaper rash immunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

englandfan13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've read many posts about how some people can't stay in a used diaper for long because they are afraid of diaper rash. for some reason, I have never received a diaper rash, and I stay in my diapers for hours at a time, and sometimes even go to bed in a poopy diaper. so are there some people that are just immune to diaper rash, or am I just very lucky?

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would assume some of us like you, myself and many others, are just more resistant to it, I wouldn't think anyone is immune. I think powder/cream would be annoying, so lucky us I guess.

Role
  1. Incontinent
I too have noticed a resistance to diaper rash, but that's not to say I don't get it from time to time. I've noticed that if I have an upset stomach and get the runs from it, it seems to be more acidic, and therefore, I'm more likely to get a rash, or if I stay in a messy diaper for an excessive amount of time, like if it happens while I'm asleep earlier in the night and I don't go change, it will also happen then. But those seem to be about the only times I get one. I guess my skin is tougher than most ppls. Urine doesn't seem to bother me at all.

I just thought it was something that came with age, the older you got, the more tough your skin gets.

So I guess it all depends on your skin sensitivity as to how often and how severe the rashes will be.

Congratulations on being more resistive to it. I know from experience that it isn't any fun to get it, and I'm glad too that it doesn't happen often.

Lazy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
What does diaper rash look like?

Ugh nevermind, Google images is quite nasty :[ Yeah i've abused my skin quite bad then, I've sat in diapees for awhile and i've never gotten it (thank god!)

Role
  1. Private
I get it fairly easily, but mostly due to the poor breathe-ability of disposable diapers. It's why my parents had me in cloth ones as a kid.

Role
  1. Incontinent
I get it fairly easily, but mostly due to the poor breathe-ability of disposable diapers. It's why my parents had me in cloth ones as a kid.

I think that's also why I have a problem with most disposable diapers too. I just sweat so bad in them that I get a horrible rash from it. But not all of them do that to me, at least not as quickly as others do. The Depends were the worst for it. This is why I only use cloth now, although I'm still looking for a good disposable to use when it's just too difficult to use the cloth ones. I've got a new thread in the diaper forum about that too, if anyone would care to offer their opinions.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
People have different skin. some is more sensitive than others. I have really sensative skin and i get rashes from just staying in the sun for a couple of hours. I've never been in a diaper long enough to get a rash, but I know once i get the chance to i'll come out with a hefty rash.

B

Butterfly Mage

I never get diaper rash. Part of it is that I change my diaper within a reasonable time. The longest I stay wet is when I'm sleeping (of course). The other factor is using a high-quality diaper. A good diaper will neutralize the acid contained in urine. A good diaper will wick urine from the top sheet into the core so that the top sheet remains only slightly damp instead of soaking wet.

Depends and generics do a *lousy* job with Ph and wicking. The few times I've had to use them my skin got irritated very quickly.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I pretty much never get it...And I do things like the OP does

Z

zakrawr

i always get it from messing in nappies, unless i wear them for no more than 15 mins. i rarely mess anyway.

but wetting i usually don't get any rash.
unless i sleep in a very wet nappy or stay in one for more than 12 hours.

S

soren456

My experience is Never as a recreational user. (Can't speak for my infancy.)

I just get into my diapers bare--no powder, no lotion--and let nature take her course. :D

I wear them to use them, as often as I can, and so far, so good.

One thing: I do take care to clean myself thoroughly when I change. Maybe that has something to do with it. :dunno:

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've had some nasty rashes, I now use a nappy creme. its very expensive but it simply helps and prevents the rashes. It also takes an awful long time to recover =(

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I must be immune to it or at least highly resistant to it. I've slept in many messy diapers before, yet I've never gotten it before. And I didn't use any cream or powder either.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't get diaper rash at all, I can sit in a wet or messy diaper all day and be perfectly fine.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I don't get rashes either... Sometimes I just get really itchy, but no rashes yet.
I also don't get poisen ivy or poisen tsumac... I'm lucky.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I don't seem to get rashes either, or it takes a lot of work anyway. I almost never mess them though, I might once every 3-4 months and I don't stay in it very long. Sometimes I stay in the same wet diaper for a long period of time and still don't get a rash.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I have never worn a messy diaper, but when it comes to wet ones, I have worn for most of a day, maybe even a full 24 hours in a partially or fully wet diaper and not had a rash at the end, even though I have never used any kind of protection. I wouldn't necessarily say my skin was immune but it seems to be pretty tough when it comes to rashes.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I have never had diaper rash myself, but I don't have that much experience in terms of diaper wearing. I have only messed a handful of times and on all occasions I have changed out of it quite quickly and then showered, so I really have no idea of my resistance or lack of resistance to diaper rash.

LostInMyHead

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
if you wash yourself often you won't get diaper rash as frequently or ever. I shower daily and sometimes every other day and don't have an issue with rashes.

If you use the clothback style disposables you won't sweat as bad. Attends makes me sweat like crazy and I have difficulty sleeping in them if my room isn't cold.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
:bunny: I often go all day in a wet and/or messy diaper. I seldom get rashes. If i do I try to get more air circulation, use a diaper rash ointment and it usually clears in a day or so :bunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.