Diaper Qestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPincontinence

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Good afternoon everybody,

I am new to this message board. I have had spastic Cp from births since. My nervous system has done a complete 360 turn! In which I no longer have control over my urine/bowels! The change the literally happened overnight! I'm a bit embarrassed about this but I guess I should not be because Cp guideline dictate by this time in my life that the body will regress back to needing assistance. What is also most embarrassing is that I no longer know when my bladder needs to empty nor am able to hold my bowels back.

Now my question is do to my urine/bowels! Issue being so severe are there any briefs that contain gel locking material

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Dry 24/7 is probably the most absorbent, and they also have pretty tall leak guards.

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Do they have pullup counterparts that have similar absorbancy and leak guards?

CPincontinence

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
What about Covidien Wings Hook and Loop 3D Adult Briefs

-Cloth-like back sheet is ultrasonically bonded for a “quilted” look and feel.
-Dual-Air System features plastic-free nonwoven side panels that increase exposure of skin to the air.
-Exclusive “Hook & Loop” fastening system ensures the right size and right fit, every time.
-Hook & Loop fastening is not impacted by creams, lotions or powders.
-Combines super-absorbent polymer, a high performance blue dryness strip, breathable top sheet and refastenability for added comfort, protection and odor control.63062-CS96_web.jpg

jdinvirginia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
CP incontinence,

If you are having bowel incontinence you really need a diaper with internal standing leak guards. Cloth backing is not good for bowel incontinence as it quickly transmits odor.

I recommend Abena Abriform X-Plus, Tena Slip Maxi, Molicare Super Plus, or Wellness Superio Signature diapers.

I am bowel incontinent and wear 24/7

--John

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Good afternoon everybody,

I am new to this message board. I have had spastic Cp from births since. My nervous system has done a complete 360 turn! In which I no longer have control over my urine/bowels! The change the literally happened overnight! I'm a bit embarrassed about this but I guess I should not be because Cp guideline dictate by this time in my life that the body will regress back to needing assistance. What is also most embarrassing is that I no longer know when my bladder needs to empty nor am able to hold my bowels back.

Now my question is do to my urine/bowels! Issue being so severe are there any briefs that contain gel locking material

I too have Cerebral Palsy (& Asperger's Syndrome) & I uncontrollably wet/poop myself 24/7 too.

TRANQUILITY ATN brand dydees for adults is good.

I also wear plastic pants too over my diaper(s).

Fetware Products Superior Incontinence Protection | Buy from Fetware Products, Llc. sells plastic pants in adult sizes.

KaloAllen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I too have Cerebral Palsy (& Asperger's Syndrome) & I uncontrollably wet/poop myself 24/7 too.

TRANQUILITY ATN brand dydees for adults is good.

I also wear plastic pants too over my diaper(s).

Fetware Products Superior Incontinence Protection | Buy from Fetware Products, Llc. sells plastic pants in adult sizes.

I have CP as well. When I was using disposable, I use cloth now, I was using the Tranquility ATN with very good results. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want to chat in more detail.

NotTheAverageMan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Regardless of what diaper you use, remember plastic pants, they help keep the odor down.

mikestuff98

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I agree with the plastic pants over your diaper if you are having bowel accidents. if you are in a chair, unable to stand , then get the type with snaps on the front as changing will be easier from your chair. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.