Diaper prefolding

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all
I think many of us have heard of this, and many probably do this. There is even a video on YouTube about this. It is a suggestion for the Northshore diapers.
I have been doing this since I got back into diapers awhile back, but recently I came up with a variation on the prefolding. I don't like the way the diaper pokes out on the back of my pants. So I prefold the front as normal, then switch the direction of the fold under the crotch. I will post a photo if I can

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I cant seem to post a picture.

Seriously, nobody notices. And how you, or if, you fold a disposable diaper isn't going to make it any more noticeable.

I've been folding my diapers length wise for about 3 months now too. I've also notice I leak a lot less too, so this does work.

I too have been using this pre-fold method on all my diapers and it definitely makes a difference, regardless of brand in helping prevent leaks.

I prefold / pretape my daytime diapers. That way I get a perfect fit every morning and don't have to rush so much getting ready for work. Or worry about flubbing a tape and having to start over or move a tape after power/lotion and risk a pop later. So there's the stack of preschools in their stock fold, and on the top is perched my diaper for tomorrow morning. Honestly I like how those look on the shelf a little better, looks more "natural: to have the ends on one end and the one round fold on the other end, and longer rather than close to square.

I first stretch my 24/7's lengthwise and then i fold them lengthwise down the middle really working the fold from one end to the other and back, this causes the dipper to be in a half moon shape and it fits really nice and seems to have almost completely done away with leaks overnight.

I fold my Abena M4 lengthwise. I think it helps get a better fit around and between my legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back