Diaper prefolding

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all
I think many of us have heard of this, and many probably do this. There is even a video on YouTube about this. It is a suggestion for the Northshore diapers.
I have been doing this since I got back into diapers awhile back, but recently I came up with a variation on the prefolding. I don't like the way the diaper pokes out on the back of my pants. So I prefold the front as normal, then switch the direction of the fold under the crotch. I will post a photo if I can

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I cant seem to post a picture.

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Seriously, nobody notices. And how you, or if, you fold a disposable diaper isn't going to make it any more noticeable.

I've been folding my diapers length wise for about 3 months now too. I've also notice I leak a lot less too, so this does work.

Barnboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I too have been using this pre-fold method on all my diapers and it definitely makes a difference, regardless of brand in helping prevent leaks.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I prefold / pretape my daytime diapers. That way I get a perfect fit every morning and don't have to rush so much getting ready for work. Or worry about flubbing a tape and having to start over or move a tape after power/lotion and risk a pop later. So there's the stack of preschools in their stock fold, and on the top is perched my diaper for tomorrow morning. Honestly I like how those look on the shelf a little better, looks more "natural: to have the ends on one end and the one round fold on the other end, and longer rather than close to square.

chamberpot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I first stretch my 24/7's lengthwise and then i fold them lengthwise down the middle really working the fold from one end to the other and back, this causes the dipper to be in a half moon shape and it fits really nice and seems to have almost completely done away with leaks overnight.

trouble63

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I fold my Abena M4 lengthwise. I think it helps get a better fit around and between my legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.