Diaper pics/crotch shots in avatars and profile images

Should diaper/crotch images be allowed in user avatars/profile images?

• Diaper/crotch images should be allowed

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Diaper/crotch images should be confined to the appropriate galleries

Votes: 37 86.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Sorry to sound like a whinging pup, but this is an issue that was bought up on TBDL and I think it needs to be bought up again. So here goes.

I don't think diapers (especially used) or crotch shots should be allowed in profile pictures and avatars.

While this is an AB/DL community, these kind of images would typically be considered borderline obscene.

While these images in the gallery don't bother me (in fact I get a little...curious sometimes. *blushes*), they should be confined to the gallery.

So..what do you guys think?

EDIT: I am not bringing this up for my own sake, but for the sake of other members, their reputation and how they generally appeal to other members.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I agree.

It's like being forced to look at someones cock weather you like it or not. It gets rather annoying.

Or what someone else said: "The avatar can also respresent of how your are. With a crotch avatar, they seem to be like a total dick." Something like that.

EDIT: This is a copy from a double thread mistake.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
As a profile pic I don't think is bad, but not an avatar. Although you won't catch me puttin pics of myself in diapers in my profile any time in the near future...

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
in the gallery it doesn't bother me, but yes, as an avatar on the forum boards is a bit forth coming. remember people, even though you might not consider it such, diapers for some are a very sexual thing.

Role
Private
Not to be the voice for the entire community, but I don't think many people have interests in specifically looking at someone's crotch area. Whilst I admit I do look at such pictures in the gallery, I do that on my own accord - because I want to. I don't feel we should be forced to look at that every time we just want to post on the forum.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I like diaper pics, like the pics of old guys in diapers in the gallery here, it gets me so hot :laugh:

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Just so you know, it IS already against the rules to have crotch shot avatars, so do report them if you see them.

I don't care for diaper images as avatars either. It's impersonal, and uninteresting.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I find it annoying because when people walk by my computer from 4ft away, they can't read the text on the screen, but they may see a blatant diaper pic :p Furry diaper pics are ok though, cause they're cute and the diapers are usually less noticable. Plus, there are alot better avatars you could use to be unique here than a generic pic of you or someone padded.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Just so you know, it IS already against the rules to have crotch shot avatars, so do report them if you see them.
Thanks for clearing that up, Charlie. I couldn't remember from TBDL whether it was a semi-rule (not official, but highly frowned upon) or an actual, enforced rule. Not that I had any intentions of ever showing that area of my anatomy in an avi, diapered or otherwise!

~Pramrider

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
As the rules thread in the announcements forum says :
rules thread said:
No crotch-shot avatars.
Nice to know this rule has 100% support from the 14 people who have voted on this topic.

I guess I should probably change that to "No crotch shots or visible diapers in avatars"?

I'm not so fond of the idea of regulating profile pics. After all, avatars are by far more visible than profile pics, given that they are displayed in the public threads their owner has posted in... whereas profile pics are displayed only on their profile.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
As the rules thread in the announcements forum says :

Nice to know this rule has 100% support from the 14 people who have voted on this topic.

I guess I should probably change that to "No crotch shots or visible diapers in avatars"?

I'm not so fond of the idea of regulating profile pics. After all, avatars are by far more visible than profile pics, given that they are displayed in the public threads their owner has posted in... whereas profile pics are displayed only on their profile.
Hmm yeah this poll includes profile pics (crap! I just noticed that lol). I don't have a problem so much with profile pics including diapers, etc. But I stand by my stance against diaper avatars making it glaringly obvious what I'm browsing from afar.

Role
Private
Well, good to see it's now officially been announced as against the rules to have a crotch-shot avatar.

Despite the fact I've disabled avatars myself, as andysetra said, it can cause problems if people view from afar.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Yeah I am all for banning these images in profiles and avatars as well. It is unfair, to any straight guy on here. :yucky:

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Yeah I am all for banning these images in profiles and avatars as well. It is unfair, to any straight guy on here. :yucky:
Hmm...what does that have to do with it?
Granted, people who choose their crotch area as their avatar are most likely only interested in the sexual aspects of diaper use because they feel that that part of their body is the most important one for this forum (personally, I feel it's the head because this forum is about more than just diapers). Still, if I was a girl and used a shot of my diaper as an avatar, I'm not sure I would want you (or anyone) to get sexually excited from my avatar.
Oh, and I hope you don't turn around and yell "OMG, it burns!" when you happen to see a naked guy in the gym's locker room?! :tongueout: You somehow made it sound like seeing guys in less than their full clothing makes you uncomfortable. It shouldn't really.

Peachy

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd really like to know who said "Diaper crouch shots should be allowed" and why?

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Okay, so maybe I was going just a tad overboard about the profile bit. But really, I'm sure every member here is smart enough to create something that isn't just a camera pointed at their good gear.

While I admitted earlier that I do like the occasional diaper photo, making it public (as in avatars) or where others unexpectedly come across them (profile pictures).

Everyone (mostly) is here for one main reason, to discuss topics with other AB/DLs (and even furries and the incontinent), so I think you'll agree that we all have something in common, an interest in diapers (or the topics surrounding it).

But even so, other AB/DLs, not to mention young children can be sensitive to these kind of images, despite their interest in said images. This is what concerns me above all.

Anyway! That's the end of another little rant.

Lordluke

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hi all nappy lovers

Hi

I agree with spirit (heaven help me hehehe) but nappy's pics should go in the pic section, I think people who want a pic should use their imagination and come up with something different that says something about them rater than a wet nappy crotch shot (I wounder what that says mmmmm)

Cheers

Luke

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I don't look around in the gallery or profiles, so the only time I see a picture of someone is their avatar. So my entire thoughts of what the little voice in my head that reads off their posts is entirely based off the tone that the avatar give off.

So in that sense alone, I voted no.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Honestly as long as said diapers aren't used I don't care much. But, I have nothing against banning them either.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Evidently, people here are against crotch shots as avatars. The poll is quite clear on that.

In addition, the rules now explicitly say that you must not use a picture of your (or anyone else's) diapered crotch as an avatar, otherwise it's subject to deletion.

Thus this thread has outlived its usefulness, and I'm going to close it now.

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.