Diaper Peference Poll (just for fun of course)

Your preference on backing & closure

• Love plastic backing with a taping panel & sticky tapes

Votes: 45 42.5%
  • Love plastic backing with second chance tapes

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Love a hybrid with plastic backing & hook loop tabs

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Love a hybrid with cloth like backing with a taping panel & sticky tapes

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Love cloth like backing & hook loop tabs

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Love Pullons more than other diapers

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Love cloth diapers with pins

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Love fitted cloth diapers with hook loop tabs

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Love fitted cloth diapers with snap button closures

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi peeps,

Spinning out of the recent excellent thread “Anyone prefer plastic tapes over velcro?” thought it could be fun to create a poll for some base stats on ADISCERS diaper preference.

I couldn’t think of a way to capture all the preferences such as number of tapes/tabs or the type of material etc so thought I would just leave it at 9 options.

I personally like a range of types and will try anything but this poll is for just indicating your all time favourite or goto style at the moment, all other commentary on preference wanted :)

I love plastic hybrid with hook and loop tabs.

My favorite option doesn’t even have anything on the market right now :( it’s cloth-backed with hook and loop tabs.

I'm really missing the old Tena Slips. You could open and close the tabs as much as you want and place it all over the plastic coated area in the front of the diaper.

I wish Crinklz had a landing zone and better adhesive. It's the only flaw IMO

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I love cloths with hook and loop, and cloths with snaps ��

What?! I can only pick one? And what about baby diapers with over-stretched tabs, and makeshift diapers with duct-tape tabs, and chastity diapers with locking tabs, and paper diapers with lick-and-stick tabs?

Cottontail said:
What?! I can only pick one? And what about baby diapers with over-stretched tabs, and makeshift diapers with duct-tape tabs, and chastity diapers with locking tabs, and paper diapers with lick-and-stick tabs?

Damnit sorry missed sooooo many options or did I?

Maybe I cleverly planned for current baby diapers to fit in the cloth like backing with hook loop tabs category and makeshift diapers with duct tape to fit in the hybrid with tapes category?

The figures so far are a complete surprise to me, just sub 50% prefer plastic backing with taping panel and sticky tapes, I would have bet it would have been easily 80%.

so far cloth like hybrid with taping panel and sticky tapes has the least preference, I can only think of Preschools in this category and just guessed they were really popular, I wonder if lots of peeps buy them for the daytime flexibility rather than being their favourite?

I love most type of diapers but I don't like the cloth feel disposables, I really enjoy cloth but for me they are impractical, it's hard to keep the smell down and the bulk is too obvoius

RamblinMan said:
I love most type of diapers but I don't like the cloth feel disposables, I really enjoy cloth but for me they are impractical, it's hard to keep the smell down and the bulk is too obvoius

The cloth like backing has its cons for sure, for me I am used to sliding out of bed on a smooth plastic backing which is lovely but cloth like sorta grip which is not my thing.

Cloth themselves also have to be really thick to be worthwhile for me and same problem of them being indiscreet.

OmiOMy said:
I love cloths with hook and loop, and cloths with snaps ��

I wondered if anyone else had used snaps, I had some fitted cloth a longtime ago and they worked though I was a bit dubious on being able to line them up properly.

Yooo said:
I wish Crinklz had a landing zone and better adhesive. It's the only flaw IMO

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wish they did as well, second chance tapes always feels old fashioned to me but lots of peeps seem to prefer them.

BabyLink9 said:
My favorite option doesn’t even have anything on the market right now :( it’s cloth-backed with hook and loop tabs.

Did you see the thread on Neva?

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/119256-NEVA-Ocean-Print-Diaper-Picture-included

I just knew they had to be getting close as a viable option.

Argent said:
The figures so far are a complete surprise to me, just sub 50% prefer plastic backing with taping panel and sticky tapes, I would have bet it would have been easily 80%.

so far cloth like hybrid with taping panel and sticky tapes has the least preference, I can only think of Preschools in this category and just guessed they were really popular, I wonder if lots of peeps buy them for the daytime flexibility rather than being their favourite?

I was torn between that and second chance tapes. At one point I really felt done with second chance tapes but a few good ones I've worn use those (Crinklz, Northshore Supreme Lites, Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi) and I was tempted. I still have had a marginally better experience with taping panels, so they got the nod but it's much closer than it would have been had I considered this question a year ago.

Back