diaper pails

do you have, use ,want to own a diaper bucket.

• yes i own one

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • no i don't but want one

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • no

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • yes i own one but it isn't that great

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
ok as i have said in the past my mom knows but i still hide it and with my soon to be stepdad not knowin i still hide my stuff. now back to the point do you use, have, or want a diaper pail. i use a empty windfresh laundry soap bucket. and use trash bags. and its in my closet. it works real well till i can empty it.

Chaoswolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
yeah I do want to get one it would be great to have in my closet lol cause no one goes in there XD be cool also cause some diaper pails have odor eating magnet thingys lol

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
My mom, who is a microbiologist and professor for a university, thought in her younger days that it would be funny if for a diaper pail, she would use an old biohazard disposal bucket. It's still got the caution stickers on it to this day (Of course, now it's used as a regular garbage can).

Role
  1. Incontinent
I've been using a large kitchen trash can with a lid for my diaper pail. You know, the 13 gallon size, maybe 3 feet tall or so. I need one that big because I use cloth diapers, and I've got a load to do in the laundry every day.

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I use the Diaper Genie II Elite Advanced Disposal System mommy and daddy bought it for me becuase wear 24/7 it keep room smelling nice .

A

annierighthurr

No. When I use a diaper, I put it in a grocery bag and go and toss it out.
The thought of a used diaper sitting in my room for any period of time seriously grosses me out.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
When I was growing up at home Mom and all 4 of us daughters wore gauze diapers at night and sometimes during the day. At least one load of diapers was washed every afternoon. All those wet diapers went into a large kitchen trash container to which my Dad attached a plastic box inside the lid. It had holes and held several diaper pail deodorizer blocks.

When I moved to dorms and was only wearing Attends I put each as I changed into a plastic bag and tied it shut before tossing it into the trash chute. After graduation I lived in apartments for several years and did the same thing.

Once I fell in love with Don Davis I could use his washing machine when I wanted, meaning I could return to pinned gauze diapers at night. Together we bought a Fisher-Price foot operated nursery pail, which I decorated using stickers. A photo of that pail is attached.

Attachments

• a207#36a.jpg
    a207#36a.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 5,470

NovaSurf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have true diaper pail, meaning one for adults/kids who are incontinent. It's white with a blue lid, about 3ft tall. I empty it about twice a week, and put a good shot of lysol in it every other day.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I've used lot's of different diaper disposal methods. For about 8 years now, I've been using a full-size diaper pail I got from ACD (adult cloth diaper). I fill it with water and vinegar. I put all my night-time cloth diapers in and let them soak until I wash them about every four days. It's in the garage near the washing machine and it's gets very heavy. My disposables I just toss in the regular garbage can.
Spaz

Role
  1. Incontinent
I've used lot's of different diaper disposal methods. For about 8 years now, I've been using a full-size diaper pail I got from ACD (adult cloth diaper). I fill it with water and vinegar. I put all my night-time cloth diapers in and let them soak until I wash them about every four days. It's in the garage near the washing machine and it's gets very heavy. My disposables I just toss in the regular garbage can.
Spaz

Yeah, the vinegar is a good idea. I use it in the washer for each load. It helps keep the odors out of the cloth diapers, and it also acts like a fabric softener but it doesn't inhibit the absorption of the cloth.

I used to pour about a quart into the diaper pail, but it would just soak up into the first diaper I tossed in there and wouldn't do much for the rest, so I just quit that and started to add it to the washer. It actually uses less that way, and they smell much better too.

One other thing I've noticed since I began using cloth diapers is that if you use baby powder all the time, it doesn't come out of the cloth completely in just one wash, and it will begin to give the diapers an odd smell, almost stinks. When I quit using the baby powder, the smell went away. I know, it sounds weird, but it's true.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
When we are using a plastic container as a diaper pail for things we will wash, you can start out with a pre-soak. For example if you only use a cloth diaper or two a day it would be wasteful to run those alone each day. This is when using the pail to pre-soak is useful.

Vinegar has already been mentioned. Let me suggest borax as an alternative. Dissolve a small amount of borax powder in hot water and then dilute it to partially fill your pail. Now you might not need to run a load of diapers for several days.

Should a diaper get messed with poop, scrape off as much as possible. Then hold on well while rinsing in a toilet. Next pre-soak that diaper in a stronger borax solution before running it. Messed cloth diapers should be washed and dried as soon as practical.

DREFT is a detergent made for washing diapers. It already contains borax.

thewiseguy7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
vfv4p0.jpg

Ive seen alot of these and figured hey this is perfect for me and there probaly really cheap. Does anyone have/like them?

checkingoutall

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I use a Dekor diaper pail. Keeping my used diapers in it has helped cut down on smell.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use disposables almost exclusively. When I change, I roll up the used diaper and tape it shut with its own tapes. I then place it into a plastic shopping bag and twist the bag tight. I turn the remainder of the bag inside out, placing the wrapped diaper inside the top. I then use what's left of the handles to tie a knot. That neat package goes into a 5 gallon pot with a lid that I have in the garage (my old turkey frier). When the pail gets full, it gets dumped in the trash. The benefits include stealth; wife is used to seeing the old pail in the garage and the diapers are wrapped so they're not obvious. No smell as diapers are wrapped air-tight. If my garbage can were to get knocked over on garbage day, there won't be a bunch of diapers at the end of my driveway.
That being said.... I miss our Diaper Genie... The wife chucked it when our last child got out of diapers!

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
It is white and it has a bunch of sports equiptment and "cool" stuff on it. It even says "Christopher" in case I forget my name...
But now it's just a laundry bin... It is from my childhood. But I still have it...

Prussic_aux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I would like one, maybe for when I move out someday.

Diaper Genie Would be perfect :)

Status
Not open for further replies.