Diaper modifying

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know there are posts on diaper modifications somewhere on this site but I want to share my latest modification to my diapers.

The deal is that I absolutely hate when the front wings of my diaper slide up and out the top making it look like my diaper has....well you know....wings. I think this is mainly due to my build. I have a body like a toddler, short legs and a potbelly.
So I've been experimenting with this slight modification on the front wings and so far problem solved. It's a simple cut that takes less than a minute. So far every diaper I've done this with it has worked like a charm. No more wings! The diaper also seems to tape up easier and has a better fit.
I open the diaper then fold it in half bringing the front wings together evenly, holding them together with either clothes pins or my fingers. I make one cut about an inch down about 6 to 8 inches from the waistband. Then I cut around the landing zone to the front of the leg cuffs. Done.

Idk, maybe it just me but somehow the diaper seems to fit better.

Has anyone here tried this?
If you did what was the outcome?
Are some here willing to try this to see if I'm right or wrong about the fit?

I'd like to think I'm right and I stumbled upon something that can be incorporated into the making of the diaper during manufacturing. All diapers get cut using a die by rolling it over the material. Can we not modify the die to make this particular cut?

Attachments

• 20221125_054628.jpg
    20221125_054628.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • 20221125_055254.jpg
    20221125_055254.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 20221125_055902.jpg
    20221125_055902.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail

Dragon64

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Have you tried it with other diapers besides Tykables?

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Dragon64 said:
Have you tried it with other diapers besides Tykables?
Yes and it works with all types i have tried. ABU, Bambino, Tykables and medical grade diapers. With the exception of ABU Little Kings and AlphaGatorZs have not tried it with cloth backed diapers that have the flimsy wings. Little Kings and AGZs have stiffer front wings and can be easily cut and it works great.

The main reason I don't like the front wings coming out the top is because they tend to poke and scratch my belly and love handles. Cloth backed diapers wings don't irritate my belly like the plastic backed wings.

I have also not done this with my 2 tape diapers either. For some reason I like when the front wings come out the top of a 2 tape diaper. I believe it reminds me of the olden days when infant diapers were prone to doing this. I always thought it made the diaper more appealing to me, more infantile looking.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Adding on to the thread.
This is now after 4 hrs of wearing. Moving around the house doing some bending and reaching. I have not adjusted or straightened the diaper before taking this pic. I just unsnapped the onside and took the pic. Normally the front wings would be sticking outside the top of my diaper.
I think I'm onto something here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 17

Abdlchriscrinkle

Crinkly rock star!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Nowididit said:
Has anyone here tried this?
If you did what was the outcome?
Are some here willing to try this to see if I'm right or wrong about the fit?

Welp... I'm going to try this tonight with my tena supers, they're also prone to having the wing effect as you described.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Nowididit said:
Adding on to the thread.
This is now after 4 hrs of wearing. Moving around the house doing some bending and reaching. I have not adjusted or straightened the diaper before taking this pic. I just unsnapped the onside and took the pic. Normally the front wings would be sticking outside the top of my diaper.
I think I'm onto something here.
I wouldn't trust that nappy for any level of severe incontinence.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
bobbilly said:
I wouldn't trust that nappy for any level of severe incontinence.
Well fortunately I don't have incontinence.
So why wouldn't you trust the diaper? I'm just curious to know.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Nowididit said:
Well fortunately I don't have incontinence.
So why wouldn't you trust the diaper? I'm just curious to know.
I don't have true incontinence but void in dribbles and gushes and on your nappies there isn't any front padding, to the bellybutton, this will result in leaks for a true incontinent person.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My generic IC nappies at least reach my bellybutton.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
bobbilly said:
I don't have true incontinence but void in dribbles and gushes and on your nappies there isn't any front padding, to the bellybutton, this will result in leaks for a true incontinent person.

I flood these and all my diapers. The padding is full, it just rides down under my belly. No matter how many times I pull it up it tends to work its
way back down under my belly. The only way to solve it is to purchase XXX long diapers and tape them under my navels so the diaper stays up over my belly botton. They dont make XXX long diapers though, so it is what it is. It is the unfortunate curse of a potbellied diaper wearer.
I never have leaks out the top of my diaper, they always occur around the legs. I have however had leaks on the side and it's usually from the front wings working their way out. So far no issues this way.

Last edited: